It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really don't know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I don't know. I think that says it all. What do i know? As one of 8 billion stories. I don't know anyone here in this forum personally. I have pictures, ideas, prejudices but i basically don't know anything. I don't know why you became what you are today. I don't know what your anger is really based on, where your fear comes from, who hurt you or traumatized you, when and why you lost your belief in the good in people, what you really love and when you lie to protect yourself or don't even know you're lying. When i judge others an ATS, categorize them, it's because of what i read from them. What i don't know at that moment is their real motivation. I can only guess.

I often feel like a stranger here. It's scary how deep some people can slip into this crazy world of conspiracy theories and propaganda. It's such a different way of looking at things. And at the same time, i live in a bubble myself, but it's a more peaceful and social bubble.

And yet I find it inconceivable when the Nazi regime is either trivialized, glorified, or compared to leftists or civil movements as often happens here on ATS. Babies were smashed against walls back then. People were gassed. Old people, women, children. Scientific experiments were done, open brain surgeries for example. The Nazis made everyday objects out of hair, teeth, skulls. Millions of innocent people died because they were Jews, Gypsies, Democrats, gay, communists, anti-regime, handicapped, or just critical... You can't compare this with anything.

Actually, i don't have a question, but i would appreciate comments. I personally believe that if we met in real life, in an emergency situation for example, we would help each other.

There are so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

But it's written in the starlight
And every line in your palm
We are fools to make war
On our brothers in arms.

(Mark Knopfler)

edit on 5-2-2021 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
Actually, i don't have a question, but i would appreciate comments. I personally believe that if we met in real life, in an emergency situation for example, we would help each other.

You ought'a pay more attention to DB. When he tells people, "You get what you voted for." ... It's not all tongue-in-cheek.

There's a storm breaking (it ain't on the horizon anymore). The Petro Dollar is on the brink of blinking out ... to be replaced by a crypto currency yet to be revealed. The people in power aren't really Republicans or Democrats. They're Rulerz. Who do they rule: You and Me.

You've got one chance:

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

And remember, Germany was a very “Christian” country, offered the world some incredibly great people and
After WW1 sent them broke and destitute, burdened with huge debt by the rest of the world, those good men and women not unlike you and me became what they did
Don’t think any one of us is above that happening again

The media, they control us by varying degrees, some people completely

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
I don't know. I think that says it all. What do i know? As one of 8 billion stories. I don't know anyone here in this forum personally. I have pictures, ideas, prejudices but i basically don't know anything. I don't know why you became what you are today. I don't know what your anger is really based on, where your fear comes from, who hurt you or traumatized you, when and why you lost your belief in the good in people, what you really love and when you lie to protect yourself or don't even know you're lying. When i judge others an ATS, categorize them, it's because of what i read from them. What i don't know at that moment is their real motivation. I can only guess.

I often feel like a stranger here. It's scary how deep some people can slip into this crazy world of conspiracy theories and propaganda. It's such a different way of looking at things. And at the same time, i live in a bubble myself, but it's a more peaceful and social bubble.

And yet I find it inconceivable when the Nazi regime is either trivialized, glorified, or compared to leftists or civil movements as often happens here on ATS. Babies were smashed against walls back then. People were gassed. Old people, women, children. Scientific experiments were done, open brain surgeries for example. The Nazis made everyday objects out of hair, teeth, skulls. Millions of innocent people died because they were Jews, Gypsies, Democrats, gay, communists, anti-regime, handicapped, or just critical... You can't compare this with anything.

There are so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

But it's written in the starlight
And every line in your palm
We are fools to make war
On our brothers in arms.

(Mark Knopfler)

The Planet is drowning in adrenofoam and they are eating our Women and Children....time to stop gazing into the rear-view mirror so much......we cannot trust the News today nor could we trust it back then.......its a conendrum.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I don't know either, and that's fine. You can't really tell what people are about knowing only what they post here.
For all its good the internet brought, there is a critical element missing when communicating with each other. It's almost impossible to tell, for all we know there are some real aliens here posting ATS and we'd never know.
Like 4real, if you were visiting another planet with intelligent life whats the best way to get to know them? Go to their conspiracy forum and have a chat!

But seriously, I don't think its necessairly a bad thing whats happening right now.
We see the digital age invading everyday life, and with the good also comes the bad and the ugly. We need to learn and experience with this revolution. As a society we've become more open and transparent through the internet. But it aslo created alot of grey area where people enjoy and abuse anonymity.
Combined with a subject like politics or human nature and we have ourselves a real explosive mix.

My hope was and still is that the internet will bring people closer together and create more consensus, the common good serves all.
But for now we see lots of virtual battlefields

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I often feel like a stranger here. It's scary how deep some people can slip into this crazy world of conspiracy theories and propaganda.

Yeah well, it's a conspiracy site you are on here... so, you might feel like a stranger here.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I often feel like a stranger here. It's scary how deep some people can slip into this crazy world of conspiracy theories and propaganda.

Yeah well, it's a conspiracy site you are on here... so, you might feel like a stranger here.

top topics

join