It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl food

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I think potato salad needs something acidic, be it pickled beets, pickles, olives, or as ketsuko indicated, sour cream and dill. German potato often cuts to the chase and adds vinegar. Unlike ketsuko, I've rarely met a potato salad I hated. Those I've really enjoyed had something acidic. I'm thinking of adding a very fine dice of Scotch Bonnet peppers, just to give everyone a wee surprise every bite or so.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Chips and spicy guac. Zesty pickle and cheddar cheese blocks. I do simple for Super Bowl. I'd rather sit here and fast forward through the commercials (I hate commercials) and the halftime act almost never appeals to me so I skip that too.

GO Tompa Bay! Mahomes is going to be around for a while so KC can get theirs later. We gotta do this with Tom now because he's going to, allegedly, get old at some point.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
I think potato salad needs something acidic, be it pickled beets, pickles, olives, or as ketsuko indicated, sour cream and dill. German potato often cuts to the chase and adds vinegar. Unlike ketsuko, I've rarely met a potato salad I hated. Those I've really enjoyed had something acidic. I'm thinking of adding a very fine dice of Scotch Bonnet peppers, just to give everyone a wee surprise every bite or so.

I do a German/Texas potato salad that people always enjoy.

Start with 1" pieces of boiled Yukon's, drain and while still warm add some apple cider vinegar, 2 parts mayo and 1 part mustard. I mix in chopped homemade pickled shallots and jalapenos. Toss in some minced cilantro and season to taste.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That sounds pretty tasty! I have a great fondness for cilantro, and grow it here. It is very delicate and requires almost coddling here in the Caribbean. It is worth it. Culantro, its more leafy cousin is much more hardy and works as the same flavor in a pinch. It is water needy, but otherwise resistant to the salt, wind and heat. I am going to grow shallots when soon I make my raised beds. We can't always get them here, and I love them. I make pickled red onions, but never thought of including them in potato salad.

Thank (insert deity) I started the beans early!! Apparently, my dried beans were from the early Holocene, because they took FOR-EVER to get tender. I started them at 6:00 thinking that they'd be done by 10:00, 11:00 at the latest, and they took until 3:00!!! Nine hours!! They sure were a lovely dark carmelized color though. oooooo-WEE! Everything else was good. Our friends brought wings, biscuits, cassava pie, and dark chocolate brownies. We were all stuffed just the way God intended it.

I would've like the game itself to be closer, but that's the nature of the game. My primary team -- the Raiders -- were served an even harsher beating the last time the Bucs were in the Super Bowl.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join