It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creamy Cajun Shrimp and Seafood Pasta

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I usually also cook for one (that dish was for one, I just halved the recipe). Shrimp is not really that expensive (less than $10 for a lb), and dried pasta keeps for a long time before going bad, so...

That said, the leftovers taste pretty damn good the next day, giving the flavors time to meld even more.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Took another gander at the recipe, yeah, it's not that bad. Frozen shrimp will stay frozen and the cream is probably the only thing I wouldn't use again before it goes bad. Just have to pick up some of the ingredients for the cajun seasoning as I don't have oregano, thyme or onion powder around and don't use them that much, hence why I don't have them around. I'll pick those up next time around the grocery store, along with some shrimp, but I'm using penne so deal with it. Maybe I'll make a batch for two and give sis some, she likes shrimp whereas Mom, whom I feed, doesn't, so I can't feed her this dish.

I don't know why I like penne so much but it just is. Especially not that ziti crap, ugh the texture is terrible. It's gotta be the ridges.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Of course, you can buy a small 8 oz carton of cream, so you don't have to worry about having to use it again, because you'll use the entire carton, even if you halve the recipe (for shrimp), just be sure and buy frozen raw shrimp.

I don't have anything against penne, I like penne, and always have it on hand, I just really wanted a long pasta dish when I made this. The good thing about penne is that the sauce not only coats the outside of the pasta, but also the inside.
Of course, I also like ziti, and rotini in mac and cheese...

Let me know if you make it, and if you enjoy it. I mean you could also make it with chucks of chicken, if that's your thing, too, and it would taste *almost* as good.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This..was..delicious! Thank you for sharing. I had to make it as soon as I saw it

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mysticphoenix

Thank you.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join