It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recording while you Sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Someone recently suggested using a recording device while you're sleeping to monitor your sounds/dreams. This reminds me of what a lawyer once told me - never ask a question that you don't know the answer to and if you do, you better make sure that you want to know the answer! I've applied this thinking to a lot of things including in my work life (and raising kids, lol).

Honestly, I'm not sure I WANT to know the sounds that are going on around me while I sleep. Seems creepy.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have to agree on the don't ask a question you don't want answers to. I also agree that I don't wish to see what I have to deal with while sleeping. I take something that blocks my remembering my dreams. This way I'm not scared to sleep. I don't think I would be willing to record me sleeping. Good luck with that though.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

I wouldn't be happy with someone recording me while
I'm sleeping.I have been told that I talk in my sleep and
I have woken myself up snoring before.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I tried one and found out just how much I snored! It's disgusting! I don't know why my husband has never said anything. I did a sleep study and found out I was awakening 30+ times an HOUR due to sleep apnea! Now I have a CPAP machine and I am so much better off!

On the other topic, I had only a few things. One was voices, like a few people talking to each other. I couldn't understand them though. Another was music like a beautiful choir singing, and another time it sounded like a barbershop quartet! As far as I know, I ruled out any mundane explanations. I don't know what to make of any of it, but I have had experiences of the unexplained throughout my life.
edit on 4-2-2021 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Tried it once with a voice activated dictaphone.
It didn't activate very quickly and so it only caught the last little bit of what I said.
It was mostly stuff like bbrrrvvvvvvvv and duuhhhhhff.

Not exactly sinister or enlighting.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I would be more concerned about hearing sounds that didnt come from me....

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman
Someone recently suggested using a recording device while you're sleeping to monitor your sounds/dreams. This reminds me of what a lawyer once told me - never ask a question that you don't know the answer to and if you do, you better make sure that you want to know the answer! I've applied this thinking to a lot of things including in my work life (and raising kids, lol).

Honestly, I'm not sure I WANT to know the sounds that are going on around me while I sleep. Seems creepy.

Yeah, that was me. As a sound recordist/boom op for the media and a film maker I have a number of recording devices; lavs, H4n, Sound devices and Zoom recorders.
I have recorded every room in my house, barn, porches, everywhere. Usually to test the mics and other gear and yes it can get much more than just creepy at times. When going down the paranormal rabbit hole, it's best to be armed with the sword of faith and the shield of knowledge.
I have also left a trail cam running in my studio and my security video cams have recorded anomaly's. Very odd indeed!!
edit on 4-2-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I remember a YT video where the woman talks in her sleep and then a unknown male answers. Would you really want to know if that happens to you?

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

Imagine if you recorded your words and when played backward it might be demonSpeak or "hellTongue".

i say "do it". What could possibly go wrong if a daemon popped in and spoke in Latin the word "hello" ?

edit on Ramp08am by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   

If I did that all I'd get is my wife and the two dogs snoring. It'd probably sound like three UPS trucks in the room and would drown out all the good stuff that may be happening.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Tried it once with a voice activated dictaphone.
It didn't activate very quickly and so it only caught the last little bit of what I said.
It was mostly stuff like bbrrrvvvvvvvv and duuhhhhhff.

Not exactly sinister or enlighting.

LOL.. I too had this ingenious idea of keeping a voice activated "Palmcorder" (remember those?). My thought was that some of these dreams I had were of some grand-looking and operating inventions but I couldn't ever remember the dream enough to provide further insight (if there was any at all to begin with).

And sure enough, my recording was a direct response to your recording.... Deerrroohp.... breaaaa ... steeemialadod...

But I didn't let my disappointment get the best of me and kept trying for two weeks every night. My results were the same and then I figured out what the problem was.

You see when you sleep... it's all in a language that can't be translated backed into the waking world.

Do you buy that..... 'cause I've got a bridge for sale too!

top topics

join