It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats Making Themselves Comfortable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I wanted to post something positive and uplifting today and I thought what could be more fun that some cats? This is a readers digest article that has some cute cat pictures to brighten your day. Enjoy!

RD.com

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The one in the yoga mat is a pose called a 'purr'-ito.

We have a couple of boxes on TV trays next to our computer desks. The old lady Peeps always occupies one, and then the other is for whichever of the young boys decides he wants her spot. Usually, you can convince him to take that box/tray combo with a little "kids, don't make me pull this desk over" type wrangling.

Then the third one sleeps in the space behind my husband's monitor and underneath the windowsill.

That lets all three rest in our orbit happily.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We had three until recently when one of our feline friends passed from an injection site sarcoma. Because of the leg they said it was the feline leukemia vaccine that caused the cancer.

She was a serious lap cat and is missed. She is especially missed by the wife as she had the preferred lap.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Of course they wear their own sleeping-bags and pillows, so "comfortable surface" is not an issue.
In my experience, they are frequently tempted towards a) somewhere high and b) somewhere warm. So on top of the back of a sofa is good, on top of a radiator even better.

edit on 3-2-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Of course they wear their own sleeping-bags and pillows, so "comfortable surface" is not an issue.
In my experience, they are frequently tempted towards a) somewhere high and b) somewhere warm. So on top of the back of a sofa is good, on top of a radiator even better.

Yes, somewhere high and somewhere warm ...

Son has a kingsnake, and it lives in the 40g breeder tank with a domelight and an undertank heat mat. The dome light puts out some serious ambient heat, so the one cat loves to lay on top of the tank next to that dome light. It's:

1. high
2. warm

He now has an old towel folded up and laying next to the dome light ... but not touching (bad idea with a halogen lamp).

If you watch them, they tend to rotate the favorite perches throughout the day and day to day, week to week too. There is a hierarchy to it if you pay enough attention.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   

So much better than waking up to a cat puking on you - which is exactly what happened 30 minutes ago.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

So much better than waking up to a cat puking on you - which is exactly what happened 30 minutes ago.

Nova sick?

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Nope, it wasn’t him that puked on me lol.
It was our Black cat, Rocky.
Don’t know what caused it but it was disgusting lol.

Thanks for checking in though!

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

That seems like a rather unusual thing to do. Maybe he was trying to tell you something. I don't know, but it just makes me think that either maybe he thought it was your fault, or that he was just wanting to make sure that you knew it happened.

...or maybe he just doesn't like you very much.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Lol yeah Rocky has been demoted from sleeping with me when I’m on the couch.
I allow him to lay with me for a bit, but I do NOT want to wake up to cat puke again.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   

a reply to: BrokenCircles

Lol yeah Rocky has been demoted from sleeping with me when I’m on the couch.
I allow him to lay with me for a bit, but I do NOT want to wake up to cat puke again.

That is one of two reasons I no longer allow cats (pets) to sleep in the room. The only thing that gets me up faster than that yukking sound is the ET opening jingle.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Speaking of cats making themselves comfortable...A little 8 week old showed up last fall, and she's making herself right at home. Charlie likes having a female snuggle buddy.

top topics

join