It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biscuits and Gravy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Oops. edit above to add salt

No it doesn't need butter.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Besides, it's just biscuits and gravy, not lobster thermador, for cripes sakes.

Sure. you could also get a ready made pouch of frozen sausage gravy and heat it up. And in that case, by all means, use canned biscuits.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Lobster américaine is better than thermador

You need to get back on the right biscuit train. You only have so many years to fill your body with real biscuit goodness. Don’t sleep on this or yours will be a biscuit life wasted.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Sorry for upsetting some of ya, but I figured as much would happen given such a controversial subject. I guess I should have posted a warning in the OP.

My biscuit recipe is bulletproof. Just whack the cardboard tube on the edge of the counter, pull out the contents and lay them on a lightly greased cookie sheet...and bake at 350 for 11-15 min.

Not everything has to be difficult!

Besides, it's just biscuits and gravy, not lobster thermador, for cripes sakes.

You seem like a well traveled person. My guess is that you have not spent a lot of time in Georgia or Alabama.
If you did, you know that biscuits and gravy is like religion. The stuff in the can is not even in the same universe!

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Just gonna add my 2 cents.

Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage.

Got to be the sage one. Lots of pepper and hot sauce in a roux.

Mom’s been making it since I was a kid.

Good buttermilk biscuits (box kind is good) too. None of that canned crap.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 12:41 AM
link   
What kind of heathen uses Italian sausage in country gravy and uses canned biscuits?
🤢

Next time you go to the doctor ask him to check your taste buds.

Next your going to tell us how good in and out burger is, oh wait.......

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

What kind of heathen uses Italian sausage in country gravy and uses canned biscuits?
🤢

What kind of a ass-pirate feels compelled to follow me around here on ATS and crap on every single thread I make? Are you some kind of a secret admirer, or stalker or something??? Are you jealous that you have no life and therefore feel it's perfectly fine to make some derogatory comments about everyone else's?

You know, it would be one thing if you posted a bunch of different food related items here on the food forum, but you don't. Nope, you just follow me around here and take a jab at every opportunity! It's like you're possessed.

Sure, some people didn't like the recipe and said as much. That's fine. Not everyone is going to like everything. I have no issue with that. It's all in fun. You, however, didn't come here to critique a recipe which was intended to be easy and fun. No, you came here solely to get your 'cute' little jab in. Your intentions aren't fun in any way. No, they're 100% meant to demeaning. You, and your little ass-clown buddy, NB. Is he your daddy? Trying to impress him? At least he posts some recipes now and then, and some constructive things. You on the other hand do nothing of the sort!

Tell you what, if you don't like my threads...THEN DON'T CLICK ON THEM! It's really that simple! So simple in fact, even a caveman, err, YOU could do it. In case it hasn't occurred to you, which I doubt it has, you and I aren't going to get along. So, you have a couple choices...

1. You can STOP following me around and sh!tting on every thread I make, OR (and this might make you happy),

2. I will just stop posting here altogether. And you will have to go find someone else to get your childish little playground jabs in on. Because I'm SICK of this! So, if that's what you want, just let me know.

Choice is yours!

edit on 2/4/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Are you some kind of a secret admirer, or stalker or something???

Yes!

So tell me, are you going to change that flannel shirt right now? I like the chambray one better.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Only when it can walk on its own.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Calm my friend. With all this anger and the preservatives that you are ingesting from all that Pillsbury crap you need to be easy on that ticker.

Anywho, back to biscuit talwk.

This family does it different too.

“ Her family’s no-waste technique requires rolling out the dough and placing it onto a baking sheet before punching out the biscuit rounds. Then, instead of tossing the excess dough, which can make for tough biscuits if it’s remolded and baked, you leave it right there, surrounding the biscuits, throughout the baking process. Once the cooked biscuits have cooled slightly, just pull away the scraps. “Anyone who’s still living in Goldsboro [North Carolina], who was living during my great-grandmother’s time, remembers her for her cooking—for her biscuits,” Council says. “But it was my Uncle Bobby who made them for us when we were kids. The adults would get the actual biscuits and the kids would get the scraps, which was fine with us.” Those curved scrap pieces make sopping up the last of the sausage gravy that much easier. And if you’re worried about the rise, don’t be. “I’ve never seen this method prevent rising,” Council says. Though her Uncle Bobby used this technique when making baking soda biscuits (see recipe below), Council says it works well with most standard biscuit recipes. ”

Garden and gun biscuit

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Interesting! Never thought of that.

I also plan on trying your other recipe as well.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

That's a nice recipe. I ****ing love biscuits.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have never tried it but it looks solid. Good idea.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Muninn

🤢

What kind of a ass-pirate feels compelled to follow me around here on ATS and crap on every single thread I make? Are you some kind of a secret admirer, or stalker or something??? Are you jealous that you have no life and therefore feel it's perfectly fine to make some derogatory comments about everyone else's?

You know, it would be one thing if you posted a bunch of different food related items here on the food forum, but you don't. Nope, you just follow me around here and take a jab at every opportunity! It's like you're possessed.

Sure, some people didn't like the recipe and said as much. That's fine. Not everyone is going to like everything. I have no issue with that. It's all in fun. You, however, didn't come here to critique a recipe which was intended to be easy and fun. No, you came here solely to get your 'cute' little jab in. Your intentions aren't fun in any way. No, they're 100% meant to demeaning. You, and your little ass-clown buddy, NB. Is he your daddy? Trying to impress him? At least he posts some recipes now and then, and some constructive things. You on the other hand do nothing of the sort!

Tell you what, if you don't like my threads...THEN DON'T CLICK ON THEM! It's really that simple! So simple in fact, even a caveman, err, YOU could do it. In case it hasn't occurred to you, which I doubt it has, you and I aren't going to get along. So, you have a couple choices...

1. You can STOP following me around and sh!tting on every thread I make, OR (and this might make you happy),

2. I will just stop posting here altogether. And you will have to go find someone else to get your childish little playground jabs in on. Because I'm SICK of this! So, if that's what you want, just let me know.

Choice is yours!

Lol, settle down bro, learn to deal with criticism.

Make your own choice because I will comment when I want to whomever I want.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yaknow, I'm one of those from scratch on everything kind of guys. But I tried this technique this morning and it was real good, the pioneer gravy mix was surprisingly tasty, but I used country pork sausage instead of italian. The biscuits out of the tube aren't as good as scratch, but still tasty and a clean plate afterwards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join