It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Reports Blowout Quarter, Bezos Stepping Down As CEO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

he does know how to squeeze blood from a turnip and it's patently obvious the ninnies in charge do not

What?

I'm not a fan of his, and I prefer local merchants and Ebay ("Seriously. We have everything") if I must do my shopping online. I believe Bezos should use his massive fortune to address world hunger and homelessness and poor health outcomes...as should any mega-rich person on the planet.

Either way,

who are the "ninnies in charge"?

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I would sooner vote for a festering hemorrhoid than Bezos. He is the living embodiment of "deep state". Whatever nefarios stuff that you think the CIA is up to, he is their #1 enabler.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540
Jeff should run. Then he can answer for the condition of the US Postal Service.

originally posted by: Bigburgh
The guy made his money... new adventures? Or time to relax?

Same position Trump was in. And considering the example Washington made of Trump (and continues to make even after his presidency), any outsider would have to be falling-over insane to even want the job.

Jeff, take your fortune and don't worry about a damned thing for the rest of your life. Get into philanthropy or something if you need to keep busy, but whatever in God's name you do stay out of politics.

I guess the question is what makes one an outsider. There have been plenty of successful businessmen who gladly roll around in the muck of Washington or national politics. Trump was an anomaly and true outsider.

I don't think Bezos would win Presidency. Amazon doesn't have the best reputation and it would come back to hurt him. He took a risk and grew the company. As a shareholder, I cannot fault the man. However, I'd never vote for him politically. He is probably going to focus on other philanthropic things. He's been pedal to the metal for 25 years.... probably needs a break mentally and wants to focus on something else.

If I had $200 billion, I'd be doing some freaking amazing things with my money... creating universities, parks, museums, and other things that would last generations.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

Perhaps focus more on "Blue Origin" - Orbiting Space Hotel - goto the Moon - compete with Musk - Space Commercialization. Especially given what was just announced...

In 2021, the @DIFCCourts and the @DubaiFuture (DFF) will embark on a new Courts of the Future initiative, activating "Courts of Space" a tribunal for out-of-this world disputes. The launch of the project signals to the international space community the intent of the UAE to play a leading role in advancing its judicial systems to specifically direct capability to commercial space-related disputes.🤔💰

Courts of Space launches into orbit in support of global space economy

@SpaceX
Announcing the first commercial astronaut mission to orbit Earth aboard Dragon.

This mission enables access for everyday people who dream of going to space.

Who will be the lucky 3?! Commercialization of Space which is probably why so much big tech, NASDAQ (servers), and Elon Musk have been moving to Texas.🤔

And Trump's Artemis Accords for mining the Moon.

👆 I hope one of them is the head of the flat earth society! 🤞🏼 🙏🏼

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

He's going to be putting more focus into his aerospace company, Blue Origin.

Musk and Bezos should team up and start a space colony on Uranus.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Maybe he is going into hiding to try and escape being held accountable for participating in the coup against the President with his newspaper, the Washington Post?

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: jhn7537

He's going to be putting more focus into his aerospace company, Blue Origin.

Musk and Bezos should team up and start a space colony on Uranus.

Actually, my very first thought when I saw he was stepping out was that he and Musk are going to team their space dreams together.

Now that would be something that would probably unite everyone....all out space exploration.

Oh....wait.....seems kinda in line with Space Force.....

Shocker.....it will be just like Iridium.....

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think he's going to focus on Blue Origin to go up against Musk.

Highly doubt he's running for president. He's about to expand one of the largest empires on earth.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That was my initial thought as well, it would make sense as that seems to be the way the money is really headed. I recall reading an article years back that said the first trillionaire would be whoever solved the space junk problem. All the excess stuff left up there from missions, satellites colliding, etc. and could de-orbit it safely or collect it and bring it back, which clears up much more orbital space for functional endeavors. Maybe that's the direction he's looking into, I know that if I were capable of figuring out the problem I would try getting into it.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The bit you quoted says he will be transitioning to the role of executive chair.

That means he isn't out and depending on the powers given to the chair, he might still be very much in control but maybe not so hands on.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
The bit you quoted says he will be transitioning to the role of executive chair.

That means he isn't out and depending on the powers given to the chair, he might still be very much in control but maybe not so hands on.

I am thinking it is more of some way to distance or shield himself from something at Amazon....his replacement may take the fall for something soon....I mean he did head AWS....

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: daskakik

I am thinking it is more of some way to distance or shield himself from something at Amazon....his replacement may take the fall for something soon....I mean he did head AWS....

The government doesn't go after entities it's complicit with.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Could be but it could also be, as others pointed out, a way to dedicate more time to something else without really giving up the last word on what happens at amazon.

Either way, he isn't really out.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am confused how Trump won over Clinton though, she was a better liar than he was...but maybe it was because she got caught so often on stuff that couldn't be covered up.

Confused?
Here, let me help you. In the 2016 election,
A lot of voters cast votes, for Trump.
The media shilled a Clinton victory up until about 8 PM.
The DNC didn’t sufficiently ratio their Dominion algorithms
to squeak out the cheat.

Then, four years later, even more voters cast their votes, for Trump.
The media shilled a Biden blowout victory.
This time the DNC pulled out all stops, and we saw them
adjust the numbers right before our eyes.

All future elections now hang on the premise that Trump
meant business when he said he will work on straightening the
rampant fraud in the election process, as he stepped away to avoid bloodshed.
The DNC does not agree and they told him so.
Hence, they impeached him, both to ensure DNC control of vote counting,
and to make sure that he can never seek office and damage their criminal enterprise.
In fact, their very existence depends on cheating.
Our lives hang in the balance.

Still confused?

I would imagine that you are teetering on insanity
wondering how Biden won. Off topic, but I have a soft spot
for anyone who gets stuck trying to solve those really difficult puzzles.

# 1352

edit on 2-2-2021 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am confused how Trump won over Clinton though, she was a better liar than he was...but maybe it was because she got caught so often on stuff that couldn't be covered up.

Confused?
Here, let me help you. In the 2016 election,
A lot of voters cast votes, for Trump.
The media shilled a Clinton victory up until about 8 PM.
The DNC didn’t sufficiently ratio their Dominion algorithms
to squeak out the cheat.

Then, four years later, even more voters cast their votes, for Trump.
The media shilled a Biden blowout victory.
This time the DNC pulled out all stops, and we saw them
adjust the numbers right before our eyes.

All future elections now hang on the premise that Trump
meant business when he said he will work on straightening the
rampant fraud in the election process, as he stepped away to avoid bloodshed.
The DNC does not agree and they told him so.
Hence, they impeached him, both to ensure DNC control of vote counting,
and to make sure that he can never seek office and damage their criminal enterprise.
In fact, their very existence depends on cheating.
Our lives hang in the balance.

Still confused?

I would imagine that you are teetering on insanity
wondering how Biden won. Off topic, but I have a soft spot
for anyone who gets stuck trying to solve those really difficult puzzles.

# 1352

So as I said, trump is not a very good deceiver, too much truth and reality to what he says. The new Democrats are all about tricking people and they make it sound beneficial to believe in them. I quit believing in Santa when I was young even though the presents from Santa disappeared. I do believe in Truth even though a lot of people will avoid believing in it because it does not benefit them. Democrats up high do not believe that people are smart, and believe they will do anything for money, and I guess they are right about the majority of people these days. I choose to believe in truth and do believe there is a supreme consciousness and that this reality is a testing ground to test our worthiness to qualify for the real reality. Does that mean we live in a sort of high technological virtual reality or does it mean that the supreme consciousness is what we refer to as god? Make your own opinion. I choose to believe that we are being tested for our worthiness somehow which is way above my ability to comprehend what is truly happening.

I just got a check from my insurance company and they paid me too much, over the estimate because of a glitch. I called and told them they paid me fifty seven bucks too much and they sent me a new smaller check. I could have just kept the money, the check was in my name, but I am not that way, I am honest and even though the insurance company is a big corporation, I will not cheat to get ahead.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

All I can think is it wil be a boost for postal voting.

Amazon strikes me as no nastier than any other Corporates - Walmart, Starbucks, Oil Co's all have a similar history.

Does interest me though,why the mass of people working for Corporates like this buy in to the nastiness - is it just the debt cycle, or is there also an element of selfishness involved?

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Please read up on it. He has only stepped down as the CEO, he aint left the company.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join