It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the Neanderthal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

1) A half brother and his daughter, my niece. Seems my Father was sleeping around when I was in high school. He looks very much like my Dad, far more than I do. His birthday is the same day as my long-dead other brother.

I guess a lot of people find out some unpleasant, or maybe pleasant surprises.
Fortunately most of my families skeletons were unearthed a while ago.
Not much would surprise me anymore.

Weird about your brother and half brother and the birthday... what are the chances?

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Only 80% and above can come clubbing

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
An affinity to French rocks in general I imagine..

Some of that stone-ground wheat baguettes?

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Explains,

A larger Brain.

Stronger Bones.

Better muscle density.

More appetite for meat.

(if you do not fit these criteria maybe they made a mistake).

But remember these DNA testing sites are not all they are cracked up to be, they often sell your DNA to pharma and government agency's as well and I have never used one and I don't intend to ever do so.

Neanderthal DNA is found in ALL non African populations and also in Africa itself.

Denisovan DNA is far less common but that does not mean that these two ancient human races did not leave there mark upon ALL of humanity because they probably did.

The only genetic material that is guaranteed not to be lost over the generation is Mitochondrial and that mutates as well as the Y and X chromosomes which also mutate, except for these chromosomes all other nuclear DNA is hot swapped over time, only inbred group's would retain more of it unmixed and even then there DNA mutates over time.

As well as intermarriage between genetic group's we also receive random DNA over time at an unpredictable rate through Viral infection and mutation, indeed much of our genetic legacy is actually the remains of ancient virus that somehow got into the cells of ancient ancestors.

I do not know why they have a picture of a Glaswegian and a Cockney on this site but here is an interesting read.
www.foxnews.com...
edit on 2-2-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There were like eight other human species before they all got streamlined.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

A larger Brain.
Stronger Bones.
Better muscle density.
More appetite for meat.

Yes, yes, yes, and a BIG YES.

But remember these DNA testing sites are not all they are cracked up to be, they often sell your DNA to pharma and government agency's as well and I have never used one and I don't intend to ever do so.

I worked for Big Pharma, they probably have more on me already.

I will say I trust the Health screening results as they were spot on with what I had done during pregnancy.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Back to that Neanderthal bit. It is all on my Asian side,

there are quite a few neanderthal sites in france. for some reason i seem to recall more have been found in france than anywhere else.

a wiki cause it's fast,

List of Neanderthal sites

edit on 3-2-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

When you mention the possibility that Neanderthals were covered with hair, the thought popped in my head about the wooly rhinos recently discovered in Siberia. It would be revealing if they ever found a Neanderthal frozen in the permafrost in Siberia, Alaska or Canada.

You really think they havent already found one.

Until the Smithsonian is dismantled and those who have supported it charged with Crimes Against Humanity for destroying and suppressing knowledge.....we are doomed as a Species.

If we fail to make Suppresion of knowledge a Globally enforcable Crime Against Humanity we are doomed a a Species.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well, you can always do GEICO commercials. Even a caveman can do it.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
At first they said I had an unusual amount of Neanderthal DNA 4%. They said I was like 40% London - Irish. 60 % French- German. And a small amount of Scandinavian.

Now they updated and say I'm actually only a normal 2% Neanderthal. 92% French-German and only 6% London- Irish. No Scandinavian?

I do know that I have relatives from the Talon castle in Ireland. And the others came from Germany. So it is fairly accurate.

What is interesting is that French and German have the same genes. British and Ireland also have the same genes.

I wonder if for some political reason they changed the results?

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   

So I received a 23andme kit as a gift.

so I gave my dna to some faceless corporation, lol i payed them, yes i'm that stupid.
and they sent me back some really accurate not bs info.
now i can tell all my friends how exotic i am.

i told you i was special, now i have proof.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well I got more skunk ape than 95% of other customers, so na na na boo boo.

edit on 3-2-2021 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Denisovan DNA is far less common but that does not mean that these two ancient human races did not leave there mark upon ALL of humanity because they probably did.

Denisovan DNA was recently discovered. It is the DNA that gives the Asian traits. Neanderthal is the type of DNA that gives the European traits. I would say that Denisovan DNA isn't that rare since there are many Asians on the planet.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

so I gave my dna to some faceless corporation, lol i payed them, yes i'm that stupid.
and they sent me back some really accurate not bs info.

I know you're just being a tool but I'll bite.
Although a lot of the info on these DNA sites is a form of entertainment even modern storytelling if you will, there
is a lot that is beyond that. They can tell you if you carry the brca genes. In case you don't know that's the worst of the worst when it comes to breast & ovarian cancer. I'm positive some of these reports have indeed saved lives.

I myself am a carrier for a devastating genetic variant. I do not have the disease, I'm only a carrier. I found out AFTER I was pregnant with my child. My children will now have to get tested with their future spouses to see if they are both carriers as that will make the odds of their children having it much greater.

I don't need a test for the above but I will say it was really cool to find out the French aspect.
I lived near that area and even as a young child loved all things French.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

That's why it isn't a good idea to breed with your relatives. They are likely to carry the same genetic defects. Increasing the odds of a child developing the genetic disease carried.

Technology can be used for good or evil. With genetic therapy you could possibly correct any bad code in the genes. Or you could make a bio-weapon for population control possibly. Possibly a shot that cures cancer! Or it could kill you in a week or so.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join