It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Ulysses Grant Can Teach Joe Biden About Putting Down Violent Insurrections

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: daboxfan

I STILL BELIEVE the election was stolen

I don't BELIEVE it was stolen and I do not BELIEVE it was not. I have no proof either way. What I do have is what is reported to me by others and in that reported information is mixed a lot of opinion and false ''truth''.
I know what I have heard from different outlets and take it as it is. Some say yes and some say no. What I do believe is that some make money by saying yes and some make money for saying no.

Was there enough election fraud to push it in Biden's favor? Possibly but not probably in my opinion and I recognize that, that it is my opinion.

You laid out what you consider to be strong advocacy for voting integrity, a system that would be secure and not leave open these doors to deceit, I say fine, let's do it.

However,we all should know by now that Trump uses this accusation all along. Prior to his 16 win he made the claim over and over that if he lost it would be because he was cheated, that the powers that be would take a victory from him. This ''whine'' of his continued. As the election of 2020 approached he resorted to the same whine. The only way he could lose is if he was cheated, if it was stolen from him, if there was fraud.

Fine. Either it was a long standing ''whine'' or, OR it was an astute observation on the poorly state of our election processes.
IF it was only a Trump whine we can know that that is how he works, by putting the blame for any failure on his part onto others. We can see these examples played out across the table of his life.

However, if it was and is an astute observation on his part, one recognized by him way before his election in 16, what in the hell did he do to secure that election process in his next four years? He had both houses of congress controlled by his party for half of his term and what did he do about making the election process to resemble the standards you laid out above. I will tell you. Nothing. Sure he pissed an moaned a lot more and complained on twitter and in front of microphones about how mail in voting was unconstitutional and all but did he take any actions or present any plans to make sure the vote was secure other than just whine about it? Oh, yes, he did. He screwed with the Post Office to try and dampen the mail in vote. But nothing in the way of legislation or any concrete plans to eliminate the potential for fraud.

Hell, you presented a nicely thought out set of rules and laws so maybe he could have found someone, ANYONE in his circle of ''best people'' to work that up for him. But did he? Nope.

So yes, we need to work together to ''hold our Republic''. Part of doing that will be to hold Biden's feet to the fire. All of us need to do this. Another aspect of holding our Republic is to recognize that despots may be smart enough to ''skirt'' that thin line between leaving ''proof'' of their crimes while at the same time as committing them effectively.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

so knowing that many Americans feel cheated and have little to no confidence in the election process, don't you feel like it should be a priority to restore confidence in that system? Or should we continue down the path were we just make fun of anyone who is angry?

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The article is a strange take on distorting history for political purposes. At best, the author is intellectually dishonest, or at worst just another unhinged political actor. The underlying flaws in the author's argument are easy to spot. Ignoring the way left-wingers either or condoned civil unrest/BLM rioting and massive crowds gathering amidst the Covid-19 pandemic. Furthermore, de-funding law enforcement will result in not just racial violence but anarchy. One suspects that anybody tied to the article's publication supports electorates' military occupation that didn't vote for Biden.

Also, the failure of the political process leading to the American Civil War is unmentioned. The special interests groups that control Congress and the Biden are akin to the Southern Slave owners. Their refusal to back away from self - serving interests and accept compromise is breaking the back of the U.S.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Funny how the Courts all took a pass on this. The Biden fans are screaming from the rooftops that the Courts said there was no evidence of fraud, when none of the evidence even got in front of them. Every suit was dismissed on procedural errors. The Courts didn't want to take a chance on being blamed for the uproar in the event they had to overturn the election.

In my opinion last year's rioting served a purpose in intimidating the Courts.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join