It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

they condemn the coup!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson tweeted: "I condemn the coup and unlawful imprisonment of civilians, including Aung San Suu Kyi, in Myanmar. The vote of the people must be respected and civilian leaders released."

and:

Jen Psaki, the White House press secretary, said the U.S. is "alarmed" by reports from Burma. President Biden has been briefed on the unfolding situation by national security adviser Jake Sullivan.

whodathunk China would be the adult in the room:

China took a more muted response, saying that it hoped "all parties in Myanmar will properly handle their differences under the constitutional and legal framework and maintain political and social stability."

So it seems there was alleged corruption in the election. Now we don't know the facts, we haven't seen the evidence, but apparently the military leaders have, or at lest are taking action as if it's been proven that there was election fraud.

So what is the proper way to move forward here? Everyone put the cheaters back in power, and let them scurry around, change the rules and hide the evidence, or continue to hold the leaders in jail and have a trial? I think if the country has seen enough evidence of fraud, they need to act accordingly. If they don't, then they should never even bother to state things contrary to the government. Just suck up to the power and submit.

What do the members here think? Hold a trial and find the true facts? Or cower in fear and let the corrupt leaders back in power? (Yes, I stated that with bias, just to point out how the MSM in America offers news, just in the opposite way)

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You fool! I nearly choked to death. I thought with the headline that you were going to talk of the American coup.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm sure Burma had the best, most honest, 100% reliable election ever!

In fact, my sources show that Biden won the Burma election by 40%.

He is the moster popular president ever!
edit on 1-2-2021 by DBCowboy because: covid made me do it

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

#ing rich, innit?

What pigs we put into high profile jobs, it's partly OUR fault here, nobody gets off scot-free on this one.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

lol, nope, nobody gets out alive.

It's just ironically funny to see our leaders up in arms over people reacting to voter fraud by staging a coup on the leaders. That's the stuff of third world nations, we here in the civilized nations don't have silly petty issues like that. Our elections are solid and not at all in question.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

It's as good as Twat being outraged over Uganda censoring election related postings.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I don't know a lot about the situation in Myanmar, but i'm not sure it's necessarily comparable to the situation in america as the op would imply despite being about election fraud.

In Myanmar's situation, the military gets an unelected quota of 25% of seats in government and essentially acts without oversight. Prior to being democratically elected in a landslide in 2015, Myanmar's president was under decades of house arrest as a political prisoner under the military dictatorship that ran Myanmar.

Like I said, I don't know the situation entirely, but it helps to keep in mind the people in this situation attempting the coup are unelected government officials and previously ran an actual dictatorship.
edit on 1/2/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Like I said, I don't know the situation entirely, but it helps to keep in mind the people in this situation attempting the coup are unelected government officials and previously ran an actual dictatorship.

And this is different from the Deep State career officials in the DoJ, FBI, and CIA how?

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I don't know a lot about the situation in Myanmar, but i'm not sure it's necessarily comparable to the situation in america as the op would imply despite being about election fraud.

In Myanmar's situation, the military gets an unelected quota of 25% of seats in government and essentially acts without oversight. Prior to being democratically elected in a landslide in 2015, Myanmar's president was under decades of house arrest as a political prisoner under the military dictatorship that ran Myanmar.

Like I said, I don't know the situation entirely, but it helps to keep in mind the people in this situation attempting the coup are unelected and previously ran an actual dictatorship.

but like the situation here, when the appearance of fraud exists, there are two ways to handle it. !st way, is the go over and above to prove there was no fraud, and if there was, take ownership of that, and fix it.

or

2nd way, ridicule and silence anyone opposing the results, hide any efforts to verify the fraud, and hide behind the others in power.

It seems they went with an option 1 enhanced. Since the leaders didn't offer the verification, the military took action. Now if there is a trial, and the leaders are found innocent and no fraud exists, THAT is when the international community should step in. IMHO

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I would say a military coup is probably a bad sign. Can't compare to here though a there wasn't barely a shred of actual evidence of fraud but definitely a lot of overactive imaginations

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It’s all become so insane here that I honestly don’t know what to say anymore when I read stuff like this. The level of hypocrisy we’re seeing from these POS’s is utterly disgusting and mind boggling and they don’t GAF.

edit on 1-2-2021 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
I would say a military coup is probably a bad sign. Can't compare to here though a there wasn't barely a shred of actual evidence of fraud but definitely a lot of overactive imaginations

Keep telling yourself that.

hereistheevidence.com...

Have a look-see,....don't forget to do your own due diligence and mostly importantly, enjoy your newfound enlightenment and discovery!

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Creating the biggest voter fraud (protection) organization speach by Biden keeps coming to mind.

If he did mean voter protection! why would you brag about it beforehand and then after hand catch nobody and act like it doesn't exist. Without any transparency or any documentation of the organization investigating or doing anything.

Both this and Videos interview of Biden talking about Trump's executive orders keep circling back!

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hopefully the new military government doesn't burn Muslims alive for the crime of being the wrong religion.

The Military has ousted a corrupt, genocidal regime that won through massive electoral fraud.

Hopefully happier times in store for the people of Myanmar.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

This is in the works all over the world, of course team Biden is upset about it. They see all these other countries taking a stand against government corruption.

-----tick tock.....

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's as good as Twat being outraged over Uganda censoring election related postings.

...Or Amazon telling the National Labor Relations Board to order warehouse workers to cast unionizing votes in-person...because mail-in ballots encourage fraudulent voting.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
As I understand it the constitution had a provision for the military to do this if there were election irregularities and the elected govt wouldn't or couldn't address them.

*shrugs* that said none of our business ...

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

If there is widespread doubt in an election, an impartial investigation is necessary in order to either confirm or deny those doubts, or else the faith in the institutions of democracy declines, leading to further doubts in the future. The only reason not to do an impartial investigation is a political one.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The military coup in Myanmar has nothing to do with electoral cheating. That is simply an empty accusation concocted by the army on the orders of the commander-in-chief Min Aung Hlaing. He was due to stand down in July this year, having reached the retirement age of 65. But now he has given himself at least another year in power. He needed it because, as a BBC correspondent pointed out today, he (as well as many of his henchman) has millions of dollars of wealth tied up in many companies in Myanmar, and he (like they) was extremely anxious that leading members of Aung San Suu Kyi's National League for Democracy were - if they were allowed back in power with a large majority - poised to investigate his business dealings, which would inevitably lead to criminal fraud investigations and arrest, and then to confiscation of his ill-gained financial assets. He did not want to lose all his dosh. Neither did his military comrades want to lose theirs. Hence, they organized a coup under the phony pretext of election fraud.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join