It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Biden Says American Troops Will Not Be Leaving Afghanistan After All.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Is the potential reward worth the continued sacrifice of American lives, and investment of U.S. taxpayer dollars?

-CareWeMust

What reward could ever justify the deaths of your countrymen and women?

Not even a trillion dollars worth of lithium multiplied by the billions made from the drugs that go towards your black budgets.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So what's the liberal talking points on why this is such a good move? Still waiting to hear

I'm thinking they're all embarrassed to have been party to this #.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
What did Democrats think would happen aligning with the establishment?

These f-ing morons actions are going to have some serious repercussions. Perhaps this time they will realize that the Democrats in power don't give a rats ass about me just as much as they don't care about them.

At least Trump was somewhat containable. He was working for the people who put him there. Where as Biden probably wasn't even legitimately elected by the people of this country. He has no desire to work for us...

If you think Biden cares about you or I then I have a bridge and land in Florida to sell you.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Is the potential reward worth the continued sacrifice of American lives, and investment of U.S. taxpayer dollars?

-CareWeMust

What reward could ever justify the deaths of your countrymen and women?

Not even a trillion dollars worth of lithium multiplied by the billions made from the drugs that go towards your black budgets.

Quite right. To regular people (in any nation) losing sons/daughters for 20 years in another country, is not worth it.

Our LEADERS on the other hand, LOVE wars, and ensure that their children are not on the battlefields.

The BIDEN Administration is now preparing us for a major U.S. Strike on IRAN.

The latest: twitter.com...

Biden's Warmongering.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

No one has been able to take Afghanistan, what makes you think Pakistan (barely look after themselves and practically Afghanistan Taliban) India can’t turn its back on China, China’s focus is the South China Sea, Russia couldnt and wouldn’t fo again, nothing would happen if the US pulled out, practically pointless being there, all the land has been lost back to the Taliban.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Well China will be happy if we dont pull out. China has benefited from the security that the United States has provided there, especially in terms of curtailing the growth and spread of anti-China terrorist groups. Chinese have also invested heavily in pakistan if afganistan destanilizes it will take pakistan with it. While the United States needed China’s nominal support for its war on terror, China played up the terrorist threats in Xinjiang, using the global war on terror to justify its policy in the Uighur region.There they arest people in the name of international terrorism , And even do things like forced sterilization of the population.

www.icij.org...

So China massively benefits when the US remains in afganistan without us being there they would at a minimum have to draw forces to the afgan border and they lose the ability to claim they are fighting global terrorism when dealing with their local populations.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

No one has been able to take Afghanistan, what makes you think Pakistan (barely look after themselves and practically Afghanistan Taliban) India can’t turn its back on China, China’s focus is the South China Sea, Russia couldnt and wouldn’t fo again, nothing would happen if the US pulled out, practically pointless being there, all the land has been lost back to the Taliban.

Afghanistan has always attracted outside powers and I don't see anything changing here. The whole region is one of powers on the up and Afghanistan will always attract them for one reason or another. The Pathans will always be trouble too one way or another and attract foreign intervention.

As my mate a British (Kashmiri) from Pakistan says about their brothers in Pakistan

"There is no problem with any other tribe in Pakistan, everybody gets on reasonably well............. Then there's the Pathans, they just love fighting anyone they can. When there's no outsders to fight then they turn the guns on their own and fight with themselves"
edit on 2-2-2021 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I agree a large part of afganistans problems is the tribes. If they have no one to fight they start fighting each other. Throw in the ocasional war lord who wants to control the local drug market and you end up with constant fighting. This is what the Russians learned you cant defeat an enemy there they simply change their names or go follow someone else. For example the talibahn has been through so many deaths and rebirths there its crazy. They are not going anywhere until you change the way the people think.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

taliban has been through so many deaths and rebirths there its crazy. They are not going anywhere until you change the way the people think.

Exactly
and the US has occupied one way or another Germany and it's taken 76 years so far to change the mindset of a people who through miss education during the pre war years to be Nazis and the troops are still there today.

Afghanistan will probably take longer than 76 yaers of occupation as at least a good proportion of the Germans knew back in the day that their cause was probably wrong and was something their nation had been sort of hijacked over. When it comes to Afghanistan I would wager that far more locals truly believe in their cause and to re-educate that mass of people............... Wowzers it might mean a US occupation and military force even hundreds of years to change the mindset

edit on 3-2-2021 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
What did Democrats think would happen aligning with the establishment?

These f-ing morons actions are going to have some serious repercussions. Perhaps this time they will realize that the Democrats in power don't give a rats ass about me just as much as they don't care about them.

At least Trump was somewhat containable. He was working for the people who put him there. Where as Biden probably wasn't even legitimately elected by the people of this country. He has no desire to work for us...

If you think Biden cares about you or I then I have a bridge and land in Florida to sell you.

Feb 6, 2021

These things seem to be pre-planned. Too many major decisions too quickly. Today for example:

Biden administration to remove terrorist designation for Yemen's Houthi militia.

Biden announced the end to support of Saudi-led offensive operations earlier this week.
More at: www.foxnews.com...

Joe Biden is intentionally setting very stages for wars that the United States will have to participate in.

There is no way a majority of the American people voted for this. His Presidency is the result of a cruel (deadly) scam.

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It's been known for the 40 years he's been in Washington DC that Joe Biden never met a war he did not like.

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander
And Joe Biden has never met a soldier he DID like.

Called them "stupid bastards" in 2016, and insulted a Benghazi widow in 2012.

Worst Commander-in-Chief our wonderful military could possibly have!

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well now that we understand the big-picture blueprint (i.e. "vet" the military and cull out those disloyal to liberal ideology), it all makes sense.

Why does the POTUS need to respect the military if his handers think they can just go through the ranks and separate/discharge anybody that has "extremist" (i.e. voted for Trump) views?

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

That's another good point. One I had forgotten about.

I wonder what type of screening they are giving men/women who join the military this year?

posted on Feb, 6 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Helping that nation live up to its epithet:

“The Graveyard of Empires”

Soviet Union
Ghaznavid
Rashidun
Kushan
Byzantine
Huns
Sassanid
Gupta
Sakas
Mauryan
Seleucid
Alexander
Achaemenid
Persia
Medes

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   
April 14, 2021

It's both sad and comical hearing the same people who criticized President Trump for setting an Afghanistan Troop withdrawal date (May 1, 2021), now praising Joe Biden for ordering all U.S. Troops out of Afghanistan before September 11th of this year.

The only leaders who seem to be consistent are the hardcore "warmongers", like Senator Lindsey Graham and new CIA Director William Burns.

They were angry at Trump in 2020, and are now angry at Biden, for wanting to save American lives.

CIA Director Not Pleased with His Boss Biden: www.reuters.com... N2C1287?il=0

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

When President Biden heard that former President Trump wanted U.S. Troops out of Afghanistan by Summer.

Crazy Joe said, "No way. If Trump was for it, I'm against it!"

After a few weeks, Joe Biden's dementia caused him to flip again.

Now he wants all Troops out of Afghanistan by September 11th.

We'll see if the Dementia causes him to change his mind again, over the Summer.

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Aren't there only just a few thousand left in Afghanistan anyway? The number of US troops over there has reduced to a very small number anyway. Many troops have either been reorganized into different locations (such as Africa for example).

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AT9S911
Aren't there only just a few thousand left in Afghanistan anyway? The number of US troops over there has reduced to a very small number anyway. Many troops have either been reorganized into different locations (such as Africa for example).

Biden has been informed that 1,000 additional troops are in Afghanistan. He wasn't told about them. Or forgot.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Monday, February 1, 2021

President Trump implemented a significant draw down of U.S. Troops stationed in Afghanistan. However, it seems the happiness and elation displayed by the returning service members, and the families who greeted them, did not extend up to military brass, and military contractors.

Newly elected President Biden just indicated he's going to keep U.S. Troops in the country, and likely add more, because the Pentagon says 20 years was not long enough to get its mission accomplished.

Amid a surge in high-profile assassinations and violent attacks, the Biden administration is indicating it will keep U.S. troops in Afghanistan past a May withdrawal deadline laid out in the U.S. deal with the Taliban.

President Joe Biden has talked about keeping U.S. forces for counter terrorism or to defend the U.S.-backed Afghan government against a rise in Taliban attacks, but it's unclear under what conditions, to what end, and for how long after America's nearly 20 years of war in that country.

Following sharp draw-downs by former President Trump, U.S. troops are at their lowest level in Afghanistan, which the Pentagon says in a new report, has imposed "limitations" on completing its mission.
Source: abcnews.go.com...

What was the U.S./Pentagon's "mission" in Afghanistan?

If it could not be completed after 20 years, at the cost of thousands of U.S. lives, why pick this moment to reverse course and re-engage in the Afghan war?

-CareWeMust

Biden finally grew up, and stopped being so anti-Trump. Yesterday, he even gave him credit for developing the Covid-19 vaccines.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join