It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Biden Says American Troops Will Not Be Leaving Afghanistan After All.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Monday, February 1, 2021

President Trump implemented a significant draw down of U.S. Troops stationed in Afghanistan. However, it seems the happiness and elation displayed by the returning service members, and the families who greeted them, did not extend up to military brass, and military contractors.

Newly elected President Biden just indicated he's going to keep U.S. Troops in the country, and likely add more, because the Pentagon says 20 years was not long enough to get its mission accomplished.

Amid a surge in high-profile assassinations and violent attacks, the Biden administration is indicating it will keep U.S. troops in Afghanistan past a May withdrawal deadline laid out in the U.S. deal with the Taliban.

President Joe Biden has talked about keeping U.S. forces for counter terrorism or to defend the U.S.-backed Afghan government against a rise in Taliban attacks, but it's unclear under what conditions, to what end, and for how long after America's nearly 20 years of war in that country.

Following sharp draw-downs by former President Trump, U.S. troops are at their lowest level in Afghanistan, which the Pentagon says in a new report, has imposed "limitations" on completing its mission.
Source: abcnews.go.com...

What was the U.S./Pentagon's "mission" in Afghanistan?

If it could not be completed after 20 years, at the cost of thousands of U.S. lives, why pick this moment to reverse course and re-engage in the Afghan war?

Is the potential reward worth the continued sacrifice of American lives, and investment of U.S. taxpayer dollars?

-CareWeMust

edit on 2/1/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I thought the terrorists were at home O'Biden?

What's the script today O'Biden?

This dude can't even stick to one plot line. So, now is everyone for war? Are we world police again?

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

Joe Biden probably yearns for the good old days. When the military guided much of foreign policy, and most of the world dictated what we had to do to keep them happy.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Who else is gonna guard the poppies for the Drug Trade?

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
I doubt O'Biden has had an original thought since Obama had his puppeteering hand up him.

Thought Trump sounded deranged?

How does O'Biden sound to you then? Because it doesn't sound like he's speaking for himself.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
Who else is gonna guard the poppies for the Drug Trade?

We assist the Afghan drug lords with security, and all it costs us is a few hundred lives per year, and millions of dollars a year.

Does the U.S. GAIN anything?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I hear even a lot of liberals are starting to miss Trump...

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Yeah, they get to kill our sons and pillage our daughters.

T&C be damned, you know it's the dark truth and O'Biden is watering that garden.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'm sure Biden voters were convinced by the neocon lie that after 20 years of war, leaving was somehow "premature."

I just don't have enough middle fingers for all the low information Biden voters out there.

Media says 80 million. Too bad I only have two.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Knowing Biden's propensity for criminal enterprises and their profits when you are above the law, it is likely for the poppy fields.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Yes we get drug addicts homeless more crime more death broken families and homes. Honestly it's a pretty long list of returns to bad they are all horrible.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 03:20 AM
link   
What a shocker. Just didn't see it coming.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 03:23 AM
link   

*War Pigs

There's a moniker I won't be assigning to Trump. All other POTUS's, including this demented fool, are.

This.....

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Yeah drugs and black money for your CIA overlords

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Welp this is what they voted for... Hope they choke on it.

I am done there are no deployments in my future, but I feel for the folks going down range.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well, golly gosh, what a shockin' development this is.

Not.

Seriously, it's time and past that the Afghan's pulled their collective thumbs out, and took care of the problems themselves.

I really don't feel a screaming need to see kids I saw grow up come home in flag draped coffins, again. Two was sufficient.

This nations blood and treasure is too precious to waste in a quagmire.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   
No surprise at all for most of his career Joi Bai Dun has been a war monger and hawk, calling for war at every turn, even when Democratic Presidents did not go there.

Biden supporters knew this when they voted for him, so they voted for continuing an unwinnable war.

Now Biden is threatening to "take action" in Burma. Didn't even take a month for him to extend one war and hint at another. Burma is at civil war, a sort of MYOB situation for other countries. But for Joi Bai Dun the war monger, nope, he began by threatening action.

Well, it's what Biden supporters and the Democrats voted for,
so we have to accept seeing more of our young men die
and being replaced by the Democratic dream team of illegal aliens
that he is welcoming with open arms
(unchecked for criminal history) into our nation.

But everyone who voted for Biden knew his history and voted for this exact thing to happen, so we must accept it as the will of all the people who voted Democratic in 2020.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast

Yes we get drug addicts homeless more crime more death broken families and homes. Honestly it's a pretty long list of returns to bad they are all horrible.

Don't forget the rising murder rate that began in Democratic run states/cities and is now totally out of control while the left calls to defund the police and replace them with social workers.

But heh, that's what Biden supporters voted for and they knew it going in, so that is what the nation gets.

With Bidens history expect us to be at war with several more nations before 6 months into his term. He has pushed for war for 47 years and anyone who voted for it had to know this was his history.

Rising murder rates within the US is a sort of war, ANTIFA (loved by the Democrats) is actually carrying out war like acts on our own soil. But that is what every Biden voter voted for, and we all have to live with it now and accept it.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemustIf it could not be completed after 20 years, at the cost of thousands of U.S. lives, why pick this moment to reverse course and re-engage in the Afghan war?

Iran is presumed to be only weeks from getting the nuke bomb www.debka.com...

If it all kicks off in the next few weeks the bases and manpower in Afghanistan are going to be pretty useful

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Does the U.S. GAIN anything?

That doesn't matter now in fact that goes right back to unheard of
because orange America bad. Money in pocket good.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join