It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature's Very Own Entertainment Channel - More faces and shapes found in rocks

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Following up Gortex's excellent topic and Firewater's last comment got me curious. I didn't want to cause a thread drift so here is my reply to Firewater in this new thread.

Reference - Gortex's post: Man Cracks Open an Agate, Discovers The Cookie Monster Inside
www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Firewater
The crazy part is that had it not been cut in that precise spot, the Cookie Monster would not have been revealed.

It's only a matter of time before we see Bert, Ernie and Oscar the Grouch.

The time is now! It looks like Nature has it's own entertainment channel!

Enjoy the show!

Bert (shocked at Ernie's stupidity)

Ernie (sort of)

Oscar The Grouch (though wrong colour)

Big Bird (as a chick)

Pepé Le Pew or Casper The Ghost

Animal from Muppets or A Clown

An Owl (because I really love owls)

Main Source + Pinterest

edit on 31-1-2021 by Encia22 because: Tinkered with title and added source

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
iNtElLiGeNt DeSiGn

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Thank you Encia. The owl is the best of them. The bird as well.
See my avatar? Not a rock busted open but a whole rock that looks like a troll or an alien crouching on it's haunches.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Cheers Terry! I've always admired your avatar and wondered what it was and if it was natural. Apart from your description, it reminds me of a crouched ape or maybe even a laughing Buddha.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
absolutely amazing! Just more proof that anything is possible, thanks for the OP

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I thought your avatar was a “sloth” to be honest, but nature is most definitely the greatest artist.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

It's what is called in local circles, Oregon Jade. Smooth like glass with colors that can be seen in it's depth. This one took me a week of river bottom digging to free from the bed. It kept getting bigger and bigger til I freed it. Roped it from the bank and pulled it out with a tractor. 700 lbs.

We set it up in our garden but had not seen the body of it until a friend took this picture of it from the right angle at the right time of daylight shadows to highlight it . We had always been avid sky watchers looking for an alien landing in our remote area. Waiting and watching and here, we had this petrified fella sitting in our garden.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Wow, that's a beast of a stone and a great bit of history behind it! I love jade, it's a beautiful stone and have a little green Buddha made of it, with the same properties you described. I found it just laying on the ground, or maybe it found me.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Brilliant!
They're all great. But now that Sesame Street has been covered, your next mission, should you choose to accept, is to do a thread with the guys from Fraggle Rock!

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Wow, that's a tall order! There's much method in Mother Nature's madness, but Fraggle Rock is just a bit to far over the border for her to indulge.

However, you've given me a new idea! I'm off to do some research and brainstorming.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I want the bird one! I love gemstones and crystals. The ones you posted are cool.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Geodes are so fascinating. When I was a kid and lived in the states we knew a place in the mountains where if you searched enough you could find one. Those pareidolia faces are almost eerily like some famous characters, like the Cookie Monster one.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Wow, that's a beauty in your meme! Purple amethyst (quartz) is stunning when clustered together.

new topics

top topics

join