It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Search for Intelligent Extraterrestrial Signals in Radio, Neutrino's And Hydrogen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence in Radio

What we have here is a video from the excellent channel of futurist John Michael Godier.

An in-depth exploration of why astronomers focus so heavily on radio astronomy with SETI, or the search for intelligent extraterrestrial life.

Its only 17 minutes long and touches on detecting extraterrestrial radio, neutrino's and hydrogen signals. And what would happen if we detect one.

Whaddya think ATS will we ever detect a signal?

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I wonder why quantum particles/mechanics were never considered. Theoretically, they (Quantum particles)are connected in such a way that when you separate the particles as far as you like, they still interact/react instantaneous, as if next to each-other, no matter their relative distance. If this is the case, quantum mechanics should be the most preferable way to communicate over long distances (Space time).

But, I guess there’ll be someone here shortly who will explain to me why my way of thinking is flawed

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
^^^ a.k.a. Quantum Entanglement.

Research I've read about so far indicates it can't be leveraged for FTL communication, and if even theoretically it is, we are a long way from being able to make practical use of it.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

The simple answer is that you can't know the quantum state of the particle until you measure it. Therefore, you don't know how, or if, it changed. The only way you can know that is if you already have that information. That information can be provided to you from the "source", of course. By radio, for example.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thank you both for clearing that up.

top topics

join