It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Trump attorney Lin Wood refusing State Bar of Georgia order to undergo psychiatric exam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The State Bar of Georgia acknowledged Friday it is investigating two complaints against Wood and has ordered him to undergo a psychiatric evaluation. Wood recently called for the execution of former Vice President Mike Pence and accused other officials, including U.S. Chief Justice John Roberts, of conspiring to cheat former President Donald Trump out of a second term, among other alleged transgressions.

source

This guy keeps saying it’s an infringement of his 1st amendment rights, but that shows how little he understands that amendment. This isn’t the congress making rules that violate his speech, this is the Bar enforcing their code of ethics.

Why do so many people believe that they have free speech without real world societal consequences? 🤔

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Have you got another source? That one says it's for libtards only ... can't be read by conservatives.

+30 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka

Why do so many people believe that they have free speech without real world societal consequences? 🤔

Like a forced psychiatric exam? Are you kidding me....lol I think your posts are a good indication that you need a psychiatric exam, you know those consequences when someone disagrees with you...

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

Maybe that’s a good question to ask your Leftist comrades who spew their vitriol daily.
Another thread failure.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The State Bar of Georgia acknowledged Friday it is investigating two complaints against Wood and has ordered him to undergo a psychiatric evaluation. Wood recently called for the execution of former Vice President Mike Pence and accused other officials, including U.S. Chief Justice John Roberts, of conspiring to cheat former President Donald Trump out of a second term, among other alleged transgressions.

source

This guy keeps saying it’s an infringement of his 1st amendment rights, but that shows how little he understands that amendment. This isn’t the congress making rules that violate his speech, this is the Bar enforcing their code of ethics.

Lin Wood is a defamation attorney and he knows better than you what the First Amendment means. I have been following him very closely because Lin clearly has a well thought out plan to use his talents to the fullest and expose the truth.

So far, no one that he has alleged committed crimes has denied anything he's said, nor have they filed defamation lawsuits. Has that fact escaped you? Why should you think he's saying anything false? What evidence do you have?

Lin intends to sue the State Bar if they take his license. He makes very good arguments about equal protection, the First Amendment and his religious freedoms. Lin has carefully protected his speech not only with the first amendment, but by leading with his belief in God affording him religious protections.

Cathy Cox took a nibble. The State Bar has taken a nibble. Lin is drip feeding his followers and the Atlanta Constitution Journal his intent to file defamation suits against them. I can see they are being so careful not to accuse him of lying...to only insinuate he is mentally unstable. But they are crossing lines and he wants them to.

All I see are people stepping right into Lin's traps. None of them want a Court to have to rule on any case based on the evidence he has and they are opening themselves up to having to rebut it when they cannot.

You? You're the last person I'd listen to on first amendment issues. You display how unhinged you are on ATS many times a day freely. You aren't in any position to judge.

edit on 1/30/2021 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Like a forced psychiatric exam? Are you kidding me....lol I think your posts are a good indication that you need a psychiatric exam, you know those consequences when someone disagrees with you...

Lol well I’m not the one about to be disbarred
edit on 30-1-2021 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Lol my entire childhood was a psychiatric exam lol....

You failed.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Explains a bit doesn't it?

Psychiatry is one of those fields where if you don't exercise an abundance of caution and impartiality you could label a patient with whatever you want.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Lin Wood should get licensed in an honest state, and cancel his Georgia law license.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Lin Wood should get licensed in an honest state, and cancel his Georgia law license.

He wants the Bar to take his license. He wants as many concrete legal injuries to his career and reputation as he can get so he can walk into court with solid standing.

If he can get this into a Court, he can subpoena Rosenstein, Pence, maybe even John Roberts. They have two choices if that happens...they can answer Lin's questions or they can invoke the 5th Amendment by declaring their answers may incriminate them. It's a win-win on the side of Truth.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

An attempt to discredit the messenger, in hopes to destroy the message.

I'd prefer this was all a dream, but harsh realities persist in my waking moments.

Praying OP involves self with epiphany happening the world over.
🙏❤

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

source

So far, no one that he has alleged committed crimes has denied anything he's said, nor have they filed defamation lawsuits.

Lin intends to sue the State Bar if they take his license. He makes very good arguments about equal protection, the First Amendment and his religious freedoms. Lin has carefully protected his speech not only with the first amendment, but by leading with his belief in God affording him religious protections.

He's accusing famous people of wrongdoing.

Famous people get accused of all sorts of things, all day long, by all kinds of people.

Famous people would spend 24 hours a day "denying" and "defending" accusations if they actually replied to them.

Famous people learn early on that the price of fame is ignoring pretty much anything like this.

Famous people are under no obligation to sue people who accuse them of stuff.

Pence, Roberts, et al. are ignoring this.

He may have great First Amendment arguments, but the state Bar issued his license, and they can take away his license if he violates the state licensing laws.

"Free speech" and "this guy is bonkers and bringing our profession into disrepute and potentially harming clients because he's bonkers" are two different things.

A license to practice law is just that: a license. That means the state grants the person license to be a lawyer, subject to the terms and conditions of the license. Like a driver's license, it can be revoked for violations.

- almost 30 years as a lawyer
- about 9 years as a licensing attorney
edit on 30-1-2021 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

That's a hell of a childhood right there...

That explains a lot though.

So how many pills did they have you on growing up?

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Lol my entire childhood was a psychiatric exam lol....

And you certainly failed that miserably.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Have you got another source? That one says it's for libtards only ... can't be read by conservatives.

"Conservatives"??? -- Y'all might consider naming another name for yourselves --- Since that dawg don't hunt...

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

He wants the Bar to take his license. He wants as many concrete legal injuries to his career and reputation as he can get so he can walk into court with solid standing.

If he can get this into a Court, he can subpoena Rosenstein, Pence, maybe even John Roberts. They have two choices if that happens...they can answer Lin's questions or they can invoke the 5th Amendment by declaring their answers may incriminate them. It's a win-win on the side of Truth.

I wonder if Lin Wood was once a member of the groups who blackmailed people. He makes damning accusations that no lawyer would dare make, unless he had evidence.

Lin also was the last to get ejected from Twitter, for declaring that Joe Biden won by cheating.

He's well-connected somehow. I hope Lin Wood spills the beans before the Democrat hit-squad gets to him.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Dupe

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is exactly right.... these people haven’t responded because it’s so far fetched and doesn’t actually impact their reputations...

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

source

So far, no one that he has alleged committed crimes has denied anything he's said, nor have they filed defamation lawsuits.

He's accusing famous people of wrongdoing.

Famous people get accused of all sorts of things, all day long, by all kinds of people.

Famous people would spend 24 hours a day "denying" and "defending" accusations if they actually replied to them.

Famous people learn early on that the price of fame is ignoring pretty much anything like this.

Famous people are under no obligation to sue people who accuse them of stuff.

Pence, Roberts, et al. are ignoring this.

He may have great First Amendment arguments, but the state Bar issued his license, and they can take away his license if he violates the state licensing laws.

"Free speech" and "this guy is bonkers and bringing our profession into disrepute and potentially harming clients because he's bonkers" are two different things.

A license to practice law is just that: a license. That means the state grants the person license to be a lawyer, subject to the terms and conditions of the license. Like a driver's license, it can be revoked for violations.

- almost 30 years as a lawyer
- about 9 years as a licensing attorney

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

You have not shown that he has violated any Bar rules. On the other hand he has shown that they are not applying the standard being used against him equally.

He welcomes them taking his Bar license because he will fight it and win. He doesn't need a license to represent himself or perhaps he has a trusted associate that would represent him fairly.

Lin is saying, "Bring it on!" He's not backing down. He has evidence to support his claims. He has his own physician's statement that he is mentally sound.

I trust Lin knows the law. I've seen the evidence that people smearing him now were holding him in the highest regard just six months ago.

Obviously, Pence, Rosenstein, and Roberts do not have to deny his claims and I am confident they don't want to. That's a path they do not want to follow.

But since they haven't denied his claims, then why should anyone else? Do you have any evidence he is making false statements or that disputes the whistleblower evidence he has? No, you do not.

If all the State Bar has is that he's making allegations based on credible whistleblower evidence so he must submit to a psychological evaluation or lose his license, then they will lose. They haven't got a leg to stand on.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

You make a lot of predictions based on your desires.... how many have turned out to be right?

How about instead of saying what we think will happen as if the hypotheticals somehow support our position we look at what is objectively real right here and now.

We’ve seen attorneys get disbarred for less.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join