It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not able to Remember Dreams anymore.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The title is probably OTT. However, over the past 3-4 months, have any ATS members, who use to have memorable dreams on a daily or weekly basis; had NO memorable dreams at all ?

Or

Over the past 3-4 months, your dreams all seem to have a common aspect even though 99% of the dream cannot be remembered after waking up. That 1% (common aspect) is always remembered.

Note: i have had no change in diet, daily / work routine.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   
i won't say no dreams at all but significantly less.
however, my rem state duration is quite normal.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Yep, plenty of "dreamless" (so it seems) nights the last year or so.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Drink more water.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Go out get a pen and a note pad.

Before you go to sleep write in it:

I will remember my dreams.

Do this until the menial task tires your mind.

Now when you lay down to sleep repeat the same phrase in your mind and picture the words letter for letter as you repeat it.

Keep the note pad close enough to you so you can grab it in the dark and turn to a blank page.

This is now your dream journal. It is for you alone. Any time you have a dream dont even turn on a light just grab the journal and scrawl what you remember.

Do this for every dream you have then review it in the morning.

You dont need the: I will remember my dreams page any more!

Tare it out if you want, just repeat the phrase in your mind repeatedly while you envision the words when laying down to sleep until you fall under and remember to keep your sleep journal by your bed.

I hope this helps empower you in your dreaming and waking life.

It worked for me and I am now a journal free but regular lucid dreamer.

I have made dice games and magic decks in my dreams.

I have even had a shared dream with my gf of over 12 years. We both woke up and shared our dreams and were awestruck that in fact we had both had the same dream but maintained our own separate perspectives durring it.

edit on 30-1-2021 by Stevenmonet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018
Drink more water.

And eat cheese too.

(post by svetlana84 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Dreams are hard to remember.
Get a big note pad and 2 or more pens.
As soon as you wake from the dream you must wright it down.
then you can go back to sleep.
if you go to the toilet you Will forget your dream.
some time in the day read it or before bed.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Thanks guys for your help.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I think it has to do with getting older and that we have way more 'problems' to think about. Our head is not as clear as it used to be.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   
melatonin can cause extremely vivid dreams that aren’t easily forgotten.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I have found the more lucid my dreams have become the more I also have what I would call conceptual dreams.

It is hard to explain other than to say they are alot less visual and a lot more well... conceptual and well... analytical.

Almost link free running through every deep or shallow personal or societal concept you can imagine all while knowing you are dreaming but well...thinking.

Idk how else to explain it. It is very much like day dreaming or brainstorming, but much more intense and therefore memerable.

These are the dreams that always end in ah ha moments for me. I wake in the morning feeling motivated to share, create, or Express my ah ha.

Oh and music. I always have a song running through my head while I dream and upon waking. Not the sound of it but like I'm singing it in my head.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Still having vivid dreams....really almost wish I wasn’t. The dreams haven’t been pleasant - probably due to stress. a reply to: Rapha

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Not moving after waking up is a lost tool. Caffeine 6 hour half life disrupting the first stages and flooding me with adenosine in the morning is obvious. Smoking/not smoking tobacco messing up acetylcholine pathway and B1 vitamin level...
Plus data overload. The brain is too busy processing information from the day and forming memories. Go off-line, sleep well and then some more later during the day. Vitamins, no stress, then some brain herbs and it's back. Not lucid or good but back. 🙂 Yawn, it's easy

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

For some years, I have been noticing I've not been remembering any dreams.
I had no idea why.

For a health protocol, I began taking a small dose of time release melatonin, 1mg.
I again remember some dreams.
And my sleep is better, more restful.

IIRC I read as we age, certain substances in our brain decline, and melatonin brings up one of those, helping with REM sleep.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Same. I either haven't been having any or not remembering anything at all. Very strange for me.
I think it's linked to stress but since failing miserably in meditation and other things I'm trying, I'm feeling like the 'realm' is being actively blocked. At least for me anyway. I wish I was really gifted and knew what was really happening. Just speculation of course.. I've been adding supplementation and isochronic tones but still having no results.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Try a full tablespoon of peanut butter with a pinch of nutmeg and dream like a boss. And to fly in your dreams take a 1" square of Salonpas and stick it over your 3rd eye. [on your forehead between your 2 eyes]
edit on 30-1-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Will try this tonight. Thx

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Why the nutmeg?

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Why the nutmeg?

Just a pinch to facilitate the dream cycle. Don't use to much or you will have a drowsy morning till about lunch time.

Also start a small tape recorder to record when you talk in your sleep. Sometimes you will bark like a dog!!
edit on 30-1-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join