It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Leader Chuck Schumer to Prove on Feb 9th that Former Presidents can be Tried by the Senate.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Saturday, January 30, 2021

According to our new Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, former Presidents and Officials can be IMPEACHED, CONVICTED, and PUNISHED.

There's nothing "unconstitutional" about impeaching a former official, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said.

"That belief has been completely debunked by constitutional scholars from all across the political spectrum."
Source and Specific Trial Info at: www.cnet.com...

Schumer is going to prove what he says, by initiating a Senate Impeachment Trial on February 9th...with former President Donald J. Trump as the defendent.

IMAGINE the precedent this will set for impeaching former Presidents Clinton (again), Bush, Obama, and others, for past potentially immoral or illegal acts that come to light.

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/30/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Harry Reid was warned about precedents, his party didn't listen and called us terrorists when we used the same precedent. This one won't go well either.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Didn’t Harry Reid call some guys domestic terrorists that came to the aid of a victim of a scheme he was involved in...sounds like grounds for post-office impeachment since he was trying to incite bloodshed on US soil. That might have the Death Penalty attached too. Since it was about moving endangered turtles for a Chinese Energy Company to buy up public lands managed by BLM...

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   

It's pointless to impeach Bill Clinton.

What can they possibly throw at him that will make his life miserable?

When you marry such a wonderful person such as Hillary Rodham the energy she radiates must make him feel that nothing is impossible.

And that's the beauty of true love, folks.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Harry Reid was warned about precedents, his party didn't listen and called us terrorists when we used the same precedent. This one won't go well either.

Democrats are planning on never being out of power again in the House/Senate/White House. They have bills ready to push through that essentially guarantee them to be rulers for decades.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
I think it would be easy to impeach Obama's Attorney General Loretta Lynch. She outwardly called for spilling blood in the streets, after Trump beat Obama's girl Hillary.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   

On topic..... lol no evidence to convict.

Off topic: what’s going on with the goal posts of the Q thing? Have they moved? Who’s in control?

I think I should go on hiatus again; life was more enjoyable and fruitful, when I was selfish.

Like they Say “ if you can beat em, join em”

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79
I guess the immediate goal should be to stop any legislations that give Democrats a big advantage in upcoming elections.

Though to be honest, Republicans may not mind being the minority. They certainly didn't fight hard to keep the White House, or the Senate last year.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: LSU2018

Democrats are planning on never being out of power again in the House/Senate/White House. They have bills ready to push through that essentially guarantee them to be rulers for decades.

I’ve been binge watching Turn - Washington’s Spies on Netflix....it’s a very good account of what happened back then.
For anyone that doesn’t know, it’s about our forefathers fight against tyranny.
But everyone knows it didn’t turn out very well for England back then.
The Democrats might want to think twice about trying to obtain absolute rule in this country.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: 19Bones79

Though to be honest, Republicans may not mind being the minority.

As we all know, minorities should be inherently protected.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 01:23 AM
link   
No it’s not enough! It’s not enough to just impeach former presidents or public officials and congressmen.

I want anyone that could ever possibly become president to be preemptively impeached, thus having them stricken from ever becoming Prez....

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   
What?

Schumer has never proved anything in his very long career as a biased political hack 😃

All he ever does is talk and talk cheap 😃

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It is clear that Trump was not in charge of crowd control on Jan 6th. If he was then there would of been a much larger crowd watching his speech. With the first breach of Congress happening about 30 mins before Trump finished talking, a lot of things are not adding up.

With 1-2 million people descending on DC, just who was responsible for declining upgrades to security?

If Trump did give the order to assault the capital building it would be a smoldering hole in the ground.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Those who swear an oath to defend the constitution neglect the very first amendment with this sham. They should all be impeached.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

What can they possibly throw at him that will make his life miserable?

When you marry such a wonderful person such as Hillary Rodham the energy she radiates must make him feel that nothing is impossible.

And that's the beauty of true love, folks.

I'd still find a few things I could throw at him.......

Got some old work boots I need rid of.
Ooooops, that'll be three old boots he's got!
edit on 3012021 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Every president through the last 100 years plus has commited war crimes. You would think Chuck Schumer would think ahead. Knowing if he impeaches Trump out of office, Then the Republicans will impeach the Democrat president when they leave office.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 04:50 AM
link   
First, Trump was impeached WHILE President.

Two, NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW.

Three, if Biden was to do something impeachable in the last days of his Presidency, you guys are saying you wouldn't impeach him? LOL! We all know that would be a lie. Of course you'd impeach him.

Four, the Senate MUST have a trial if article(s) of impeachment are presented to it.

Five, Republicans in the Senate value their jobs more than the Constitution, so no worries, Trump won't be convicted.

Six, Republicans are going to have a very hard time controlling the House or Senate for the next decade. And possibly longer than that. Americans don't like traitors.
edit on 30-1-2021 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   
They are accusing Trump of actual criminal acts? Then why not go through actual criminal courts. If Trump committed a felony, that would prevent him from running again. If the democrats really cared about law and justice? And truth of guilt.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Impeachment is a political tool to remove presidents from office. Trump is not in office. If Trump committed an actual crime. It should go through criminal courts of law.
edit on 30-1-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Not really ...

After he's convicted, you can go after his co-conspirators. Conspiracy (in a crime) is a felony.

Would love to see Chelsea behind bars. Tell me again how she wound up with a job, she had no experience in (Hunter Bidenesque), but was able to draw a $600,000 salary. Anyone ever check to see what her executive bonus came out to?

Yeah ... I like this particular slippery slope. No one who has been elected in my lifetime (or my father's lifetime) is free of guilt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join