It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Lawmaker Introduces Vegan Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

I just came .... for the pictures!

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Everyone likes to see Bigburghs meat.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

originally posted by: Bigburgh

I just came .... for the pictures!

Let's keep it going.

edit on 1/30/2021 by Alien Abduct because: Added pics

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: rickymouse

Do you have a study to support that over 50% of people cannot live off a vegetarian or vegan diet?

Also, it's an option. Not a forced vegan meal plan.

Honestly, most Americans would benefit from eating vegan a few times a week. Most people aren't interested in going vegan 100% and having that option to eat a non-meat alternative is great.

Americans would also benifit from eating way less processed meat.

I don't see the harm here. Some of the longest living people eat mostly vegetables and a little bit of unprocessed meats.

The longest living people eat a specialized diet which includes vegetables, but either they eliminate plant defense system chemicals called lectins or their diet and bacterial flora are adapted to detox the lectins, often butyrate creation or consumption is used to accomplish that. So butter or the right bacteria in the gut that can make butyrate out of plants. These specialized bacteria are killed by certain foods in the diet or people's immune systems attack these bacteria. Butter is not vegan by any means.

The vast majority of people benefit by eating some veggies, but those veggies are specific to people's epigenetics which is formed by their ancestors eating habits. Long term eating of a diet results in epigenetic changes that control quantities of enzymes the body produces. I read a lot of research and piece together things then verify if I am on the right track so you are not going to find direct evidence that states what I say, just read a couple of hundred thousand research articles and actual correctly assimilated conclusions of the research and you will find what I said is correct.

I freely share what I have found out, I did not discover it, researchers discovered it, I am just going through hundreds of articles to figure out why the often conflicting articles come out to opposite conclusions sometimes so I look at the parameters of the research and whom the research was done on. Some people who have done this for years have come to the same conclusions and write books on this stuff, but sometimes they have a lot right but need to fill the book and that not researched evidence actually is identified by naysayers who lose prestige or financially from the authors book so try to discredit it. Books like the blood type diet have some merit, but since that deals with agglutination a lot, simply putting onions on a burger is the antidote to that to a point. Above I mentioned lectins, but there are also animal based lectin like chemistries that can cause problems for some people too, so some people do better all plant based if their ancestors ate mostly plant chemistry. Tomatoes are not a super food, I actually think they are one of the worst foods to consume regularly. There is way more to food chemistry than proteins, carbs, and calories. Every generation has to eat a little different than their parents to be healthy, because of inheritance patterns of gene snps that make epigenetics up can vary between kids, and that change means those kids need to eat differently, except for some identical twins. Not only kinds of food is important, how it is prepared, and time of day it is consumed is very important for health most times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join