It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan's Top Court Frees Islamist Who Beheaded Journalist Daniel Pearl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Why am I not very surprised ? I feel sorry for the family and those who think justice is a world wide scenario respected the world over. Full title is :
US Outraged After Pakistan's Top Court Frees Islamist Who Beheaded Journalist Daniel Pearl..

The family of slain American journalist Daniel Pearl says they are in "complete shock" after Pakistan's Supreme Court on Thursday ordered his Pakistani-British killer's release after the family appealed a previously overturned conviction ruling. He and his accomplices were acquitted by a panel of three judges and will never again see a prison cell over the crime.

"By a majority of two to one, they have acquitted all the accused persons and ordered their release," Reuters reports, citing a Pakistani courts official. The main suspect in Pearl's Murder, Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh, had earlier been found guilty of luring the journalist to a meeting in 2002 in Karachi while he was investigating possible links between Richard C. Reid, known as the "Shoe Bomber", and Pakistani jihadists.

Later the same year the US embassy in Pakistan was subsequently mailed a gruesome beheading video confirmed to be that of 38-year-old Wall Street Journal reporter and California native Daniel Pearl.

"Today’s decision is a complete travesty of justice," Pearl's family said.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Sounds like a possible secretly "negotiated" political favor to bust balls 😑

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like a possible secretly "negotiated" political favor to bust balls 😑

Don't joke. I'm pretty sure this will get the UK to double their aid budget for something or other.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Wow.

You may not be surprised. I am. I hope some people know where he is headed.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   
If the politicians cared they would ban all trading with Pakistan and send in agents to extract these criminals to face justice elsewhere.

But sadly now a days politicians are just mute pretty pictures with no function.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Was this the event that many thought was staged or fake? I vaguely remember it being discussed and analyzed here

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I'm sure sleepy Joe will fix this.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Extracting would cause too much issue. Pakistan has nukes.. Perhaps restricting trading if possible. I would be up for that, but it's not going to happen worldwide.

Think of how the u.s. trades with Saudi Arabia. A country that has a history of slaves, brutal action against dissidents, and war crimes.

I agree that we should limit trading with human rights abusers. But, the world and governments are far too greedy to care.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Almost sounds like a situation ripe for a targeted drone strike...

Anyone taking bets?

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

It is possible that unless the UK home office block him and remove his British Citizenship if they have not already that this scum will then return to the UK, it is in fact more than likely.
But we will keep a close eye on him after this and probably find something to prosecute him here with.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

If he does come back to the UK then if the Muslim community here had any sense of justice and moral fortitude they would deal with this scumbag themselves in order to give Daniel Pearl's family some justice and to send a message to other would be 'UK' terrorist pieces of # within their midst.

Instead I suspect the exact opposite will happen and he will be protected within their ranks and even venerated by some.

If he has Pakistani citizenship he should be stripped of his UK citizenship and denied ever entering this country again.

edit on 29/1/21 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

It is possible that unless the UK home office block him and remove his British Citizenship if they have not already that this scum will then return to the UK, it is in fact more than likely.
But we will keep a close eye on him after this and probably find something to prosecute him here with.

They'll give him a house, benefits for life and he will be protected.
Probably given a new identity.

I admire your optimism but the UK is extremely weak in this regard. There's probably a queue of human rights lawyers right around the block to keep him comfortable and enrich themselves from legal aid money.
It's a whole new industry.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

If he has Pakistani citizenship he should be stripped of his UK citizenship and denied ever entering this country again.

I'm fairly sure you and I agree that the odds of that happening range somewhere between slim and none?

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
And how much money did we just give these people again...

*sighs*

I shouldn't be surprised but I am, looking around the globe and seeing so much unraveling it makes me wonder if the reddit attack on game stop short sellers is the illusionist saying look over here so you dont see whats coming.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm fairly sure you and I agree that the odds of that happening range somewhere between slim and none?

Monkeys will sooner fly out of my butt.

Was this guy born in the UK? if so, I don't believe there is a mechanism to strip his citizenship..it's an idea that should be explored, with these kinds of cases. Pretty disturbing.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I agree, there's absolutely no chance of it happening.

This 'man' is a truly horrible piece of work and there isn't a hope in hell that he will ever be de-radicalised.

If he is released into the general public then he will immediately start networking and looking to carry out more terrorist attacks.
If he isn't locked under the tightest of regimes then there is only one course of action suitable.....but of course that won't happen either and he'll be allowed to spread his poison.

This is no illiterate product of a rough UK council estate; he is highly educated, highly connected and highly motivated.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It be a shame...if he caught a case of lead poisioning while walking down a street in pakistan.

top topics

join