It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been sued for more money than you could possibly ever have?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Debt, unless it's to the IRS, doesn't absolve a defendant from paying the plaintiff.

Neither does bankruptcy.

I understand that, what I don't understand is what would happen in a case where the money exceeded the person's possibility to repay by a wide margin.

For example, if you started a fire that shut down a conference center, and the owners sued you for the lost income from all of the customers who had to cancel, and it ran into the millions.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Oh the screwjobs are endless...I know....but life is full of good and bad....everything is a risk or a Gamble....the Point is who cares about either Parent ?.....the Kids welfare is what is Paramount at all times.....its not complicated....if you are a Married man who agreed to a relationship where your Wife was a Stay at Home Mom and in doing so she sacrificed education and career, then if you seperate you must own that.....until your Kids are grown.....the laws are not so bad they are just not enforced.... a Woman in a Common Law relationship who wants to collect from an ex-spouse while she benefits from a side-dish needs to be dealt with from a Child Protective focus.... Men and Women with Children have a responsibility to not get involved in Common Law relationships until their Children are grown or unless they get married.....the laws arent bad its the cheating and lack of meaningful enforcement that has to stop.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
a reply to: Bluntone22

Oh the screwjobs are endless...I know....but life is full of good and bad....everything is a risk or a Gamble....the Point is who cares about either Parent ?.....the Kids welfare is what is Paramount at all times.....its not complicated....if you are a Married man who agreed to a relationship where your Wife was a Stay at Home Mom and in doing so she sacrificed education and career, then if you seperate you must own that.....until your Kids are grown.....the laws are not so bad they are just not enforced.... a Woman in a Common Law relationship who wants to collect from an ex-spouse while she benefits from a side-dish needs to be dealt with from a Child Protective focus.... Men and Women with Children have a responsibility to not get involved in Common Law relationships until their Children are grown or unless they get married.....the laws arent bad its the cheating and lack of meaningful enforcement that has to stop.

Sacrificed my education & career --- LMFAO, oh my GAWD, take off the rosy glasses already. I will be blunt, which you don't seem to hear much.

I had sex, conceived two kids and knew they can't raise themselves once they fall out of the hooha, so one of us would have to stay home and do so. Common sense says that's my job there, on account of being the one to conceive and carry them. I didn't sacrifice #, I'm doing my job raising them. It doesn't get much more blunt and un-flowery worded than this.

I don't need trophies, acknowledgements, pedestals, special perks, or deluded fawning sycophancy in posts.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Right.
It's always her body her choice until it's inconvenient.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Right.

Huh. I didn't consider if they were Pro or Anti on it. If they're Pro, they're a little messed up. If one can have leeway on birthing it in the first place, the other can have leeway on paying for it.

Fair is fair, I've always stood by that particular comment there ^^
edit on 1/29/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Don't get me wrong.
Men need to take responsibility for their actions.
But so do women.

I have a cousin that's 24 and she now has two kids with different dad's that have nothing to do with her kids. She knew the both guys had several kids with other women and still slept with him and got pregnant. Literally both guys had the same past.

And she's a fricken nurse so I assume she understands how pregnancy happens and how birth control works.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Well, I do have bit more for you...

A "judgement" against anyone....is hard to collect.

I've owed a few, was owed a couple collected on none. $500,000 and 1 case $45,000.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
So, you'd destroy yourself economically in order to spite somebody that you owed money to?

Yeah. Unless you owe that money to the IRS, then even this tact won't work.

It worked for me. I have no job,and i have no credit since doing so. cant get a loan,but i dont need one.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
It worked for me. I have no job,and i have no credit since doing so. cant get a loan,but i dont need one.

You can't bankrupt out of paying the IRS.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Right.

Once the magnet brings the 2 components together....its no longer her Vessel......not until Gestation and Birth are complete.....a proxy contract is signed when the 2 components join....she gets her body back after she does what she promised for the life inside of her.....Gestation and Birth are a right of the life inside the Vessel.

It will always remain her body and her choice.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The IRS WILL get their money...even if they have to take it out of your very SOUL!!

And you can bet your life on that!

I knew a guy many moons ago who was what they called a "constitutionalist". I called him a 'jailhouse lawyer', constantly reciting line and verse of the Constitution like fire and brimstone. He mistakenly thought the IRS was unconstitutional and refused to pay federal taxes. Said the IRS couldn't do anything to him. Well, he was wrong...and when the IRS finally caught up with him he spent the rest of his life in a federal penitentiary. The. Rest. of. his. LIFE!

No lie either! And, the only thing he did was not pay his taxes, that's it! He wasn't a murderer, a rapist or anything else, just a 'tax evader'.

Don't think there is a such thing as a 'debtor's prison', that it's against the Constitution???? Try not paying your federal income taxes for a while!

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: yuppa

You can't bankrupt out of paying the IRS.

I thought we was talking about judge decisions/and others here,not the IRS. The IRS has a hardship option but its hard to get and you have to prove you cannot work without a doubt.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You quoted me specifically saying the IRS.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I should had specified then i guess.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join