It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Are the Highest Resolution Photos Ever Taken of Snowflakes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Thanks for posting this. Absolutely amazing what nature can create.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

They are hexagonal! Even if no two are the same, every snowflake has six points.

Weird, kind of like the x-y-z axis represented on paper!

There is something deep and meaningful there! And when graphene is finally figured out for mass production, we will be halfway back to Babylon’s sexagesimal way of seeing the world!

Phasers on stunning!! Warp factor six! Engage!!

🖖🏻
edit on 28-1-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: verbs are gooder for sentences...

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing this! I have a crystal snowflake hanging near my plants in the kitchen. This world holds much beauty and wonder.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Morphic resonance?a reply to: Blue Shift

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Makes a man feel small when he considers beauty like this. The God of nature is an awesome God!!!a reply to: dug88

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomerdude

I read a study about this several years ago, and they did seem to think that perhaps some kind of "resonance" was at work. Crystalline vibrations? I don't know.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomerdude

Have to admit I needed to look this one up as I'm not as "read up" as much as I once was.

But this is some pretty interesting stuff and I'll quote just a basic summary from the Mindfield Bulletin;

The morphic field hypothesis proposes that minds are systems of fields that are located inside brains but also extend far beyond them, just as the fields of magnets are both within magnets and extend invisibly beyond them. Morphic fields contain attractors (goals) and chreodes (habitual pathways towards those goals) that guide a system toward its end state. They effect all self-organizing systems, and systems within systems, in a nested hierarchy or holarchy of morphic units. Morphic fields of social groups may help to coordinate flocks of birds and schools of fish, which can rapidly change direction without individuals colliding.

OK.. I was intrigued and then found this on the same subject but for a different area. "
Can Morphic Fields Help Explain Telepathy and the Sense of Being Stared At?"

In this paper I discuss the sense of being stared at and telepathy as natural consequences of the hypothesis of morphic fields. Although this hypothesis could perhaps account for clairvoyance, psychokinesis, and precognition, it only does so through chains of additional hypotheses, whereas possible explanations for the sense of being stared at and telepathy emerge naturally and directly from this hypothesis. I also differentiate this hypothesis from other explanatory models of psi and discuss its application to non-psi phenomena, like protein folding, inheritance, collective memory, learning, and navigation in animals.

Morphic Fields

AnyWho.. It's very interesting and I hope we can learn more from the research in this area.

Morphic Fields ... Who Knew? (and that answer would be.. well I didn't),
Johnny

edit on 1/29/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Thats right.. I made a boo boo

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Was it Rupert Sheldrake that you looked up?
I first heard of this morphic resonance idea through him.
He's been attacked for his ideas by conventional scientists and I think he had trouble with Wikipedia also.

Not overly familiar with this but if you haven't heard of him, I'd look him up.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous
Morphic Fields ... Who Knew? (and that answer would be.. well I didn't),

Dr. Rupert Sheldrake is primarily a biologist interested in how a biological form can apparently become modified to essentially anticipate a change in environment such that it "pre-evolves" to survive. Because the way he explains it, a particular form or shape is not bound by linear time. So what you get are pre-echoes or backward reflecting forms that can influence objects in the past.

He's also encouraged experimenters to explore that "feeling of being stared at" with easy tests he's created that have strong controls that eliminate obvious errors that could skew the data. He's also done a lot of work with animals, to explore why, for instance, they sometimes seem to anticipate their owners coming home unexpectedly.

Anyway, here's something more on-topic. A lecture on the patterns created by water (ice).

edit on 29-1-2021 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Damnit! Not the snowflakes I was looking for.

However i love this! Thank you

Edit: those are beautiful pictures you presented ATS. Yes these are grand

Yeah, I was expecting a thread about Trump supporters.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Masaru Emoto has done some wonderful research on this an wrote a book called The Secret Message of Water.
Some might consider it pseudoscience, but there are some wonderful images he created of frozen water droplets taken from locations all over the world. He tried things like subjecting the droplets to various types of music as well, amongst other things. Definitely worth checking him out.
Go on to a search engine and type in Masaru Emoto water images.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
me too lol
I wonder how far off it will be before snowflake is considered racist

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Crystals prove that life is everywhere.

Life relies on mechanisms of replication. Crystals are Life 101.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Thank you for these magnificent photographs, it does the soul good to see beauty regularly ... strange synchronicity though, I was just noticing some snowflakes fall on my black dog's coat and was wondering how you could see them in close up without them melting ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join