It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden to reopen Obamacare markets for COVID-19 relief

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Joey 0'Stipend is performing a miracle !!

He will be re-opening the ObamaCare exchange markets to provide victims of COVID19 shock/aftereffects with lost insurance !!

Wonder who pays this time ?

And I think some of the "Exchange" Areas have only one "choice" roflmao

Ass backwards back from the past !!

"Create enough chaos and misery, and everybody will need government rescue plans !"

Fulfilling a campaign promise, President Joe Biden plans to reopen the HealthCare.gov insurance markets for a special sign-up opportunity geared to people needing coverage in the coronavirus pandemic.

Biden is expected to sign an executive order Thursday, said two people familiar with the plan, whose details were still being finalized. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the pending order ahead of a formal announcement.

Although the number of uninsured Americans has grown because of job losses due to the economic hit of COVID-19, the Trump administration resisted calls to authorize a “special enrollment period” for people uninsured in the pandemic. Failure to repeal and replace “Obamacare” as he repeatedly vowed to do was one of former President Donald Trump’s most bitter disappointments. His administration continued trying to find ways to limit the program or unravel it entirely. A Supreme Court decision on Trump’s final legal challenge to the Affordable Care Act is expected this year.

Biden to reopen ‘Obamacare’ markets for COVID-19 relief

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Wow.... Another EO...

Anybody remember the Harry Potter movie where the new leader made an entire wall full of new mandates?

Truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Wow.... Another EO...

Anybody remember the Harry Potter movie where the new leader made an entire wall full of new mandates?

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Except in this new reality, the actual Dolores Umbridge is hiding behind the shell of Professor Dumbledore who has gone completely senile and is using him to sign her high decrees.

Otherwise, the comparison is quite apt as I find Umbridge to be probably the most evil character in the whole series ... even worse than Voldemort.
edit on 28-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The Obama 2.0 dumpster fire.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wasn't there the normal sign up at the end of 2020?

Didn't those without coverage have a chance then?
Or did they just not realize it in November?

What am I missing here?

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Get your $60,000 Operation tomorrow

Cancel next month

IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Wasn't there the normal sign up at the end of 2020?

Didn't those without coverage have a chance then?
Or did they just not realize it in November?

What am I missing here?

Bingo!

It's the standard Democrat ass backwards approach.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Good lord, I lost coverage awhile back and looked into Obamacare. F*ck it was almost $3k a month. So affordable.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SideEyeEverything

That is whats keeping middle-class families away.

I make money helping people adjust their on paper income downward, to qualify for big premium assistance.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SideEyeEverything
Good lord, I lost coverage awhile back and looked into Obamacare. F*ck it was almost $3k a month. So affordable.

Exactly!

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SideEyeEverything

I have a friend that decided to leave her husband blue cross offered by his work and enroll in Obama care, it was good for her daughter that is a child, but when she needed a procedure this woman spend days on the phone trying to get an approval, it was something I would never have expected from the affordable health care act of Obama, plus she was paying more than her husband on his insurance. It was hilarious, she was relentless and tore a second hole on many people on the other side of the line.

She got her procedure, but dumped the Obama care after.

I am on government insurance due to my husband, soo I never really understood how Obama care works.

I knew it was a mess and a deception when Pertusi told everybody that they needed to pass it to know what it was in it.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

To explain how Obamacare worked. They basically allowed poor people to put their hands in the pockets of the middle class to pay for their healthcare, while the middleclass people that were paying for the poor people’s healthcare weren’t able to afford their own health insurance because we didn’t get the subsidies. Top that off with at the end of the year, we would get fined for not being able to afford Obamacare.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Not to mention the bankrupting deductibles for everybody ☠️😎☠️

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Good point, if you actually needed the health insurance you had to go bankrupt to use it.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: marg6043

To explain how Obamacare worked. They basically allowed poor people to put their hands in the pockets of the middle class to pay for their healthcare, while the middleclass people that were paying for the poor people’s healthcare weren’t able to afford their own health insurance because we didn’t get the subsidies. Top that off with at the end of the year, we would get fined for not being able to afford Obamacare.

I actually got my license to sell Health/Life insurance at the exact same time Obamacare rolled out, with that ridiculous website they couldn’t manage to throw enough money at. The thing that blew my mind the most was that it seemed that your zip code had a LOT more to do with what you’d pay than your income.

I was selling it to a lot of my co-workers in the restaurant business, one of my co-workers had just moved his family into a house in a good neighborhood and wanted to look into insurance. We compared the rates between his former address and his new one and the new address jacked up the price so damn high it wasn’t even feasible.

I lasted all of a month in that business. The owner of the company I worked for had me meet him at his house (mainly to show it off) to give me a crash course in selling insurance. He’d have older folks on the phone asking, “Is my prescription covered by this?”, and he’d just answer “Yes, it certainly is!”. I asked him after how he remembered all these different prescriptions and what’s covered by what plan and he just replied, “They’ll figure it out later. You’re ONLY job is to sell them the insurance.” It made me f*cking sick. These people are relying on this to f*cking keep them alive and this guy is just filling them full of sh*t?!

Then the government decided to audit all the Obamacare sales, so thousands of insurance agents across the US had their money tied up because of course when the government has to pay people, they stall and scrutinize every cent. I quit before I got paid. No f*cking way could I be a part of that mess. I should have found a way to write to the IRS, “Hey, if you want the money I supposedly owe you, go collect it from Healthcare.gov.”

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Obamacare is a sore subject for me. I was new out of the military, still in college raising two kids and working full time. I liked Obama like everyone else at first because he was different, young and had charisma. But that’s all he had to offer and I quickly realized that with Obamacare. I felt the Democrats spit in me and my families face.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I have a sneaking suspicion that Hussein is the one speaking in Dementia Joe's earpiece.

"Salute the marines"

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: Drucifer

Obamacare is a sore subject for me. I was new out of the military, still in college raising two kids and working full time. I liked Obama like everyone else at first because he was different, young and had charisma. But that’s all he had to offer and I quickly realized that with Obamacare. I felt the Democrats spit in me and my families face.

It was a pretty crazy time. I know a LOT of people that were looking forward to finally having good healthcare (especially in the restaurant business where it SUCKS) and then when they found out what they’d have to pay, they were really let down.

The website alone should have been all the fair warning we needed. How long did it take to get up and running with the amount of money they threw at it?!

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Is Biden reintroducing the penalties and taxes also?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join