It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Want Unity, It's Up To Us To Bring It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: zosimov

People need to get off the internet, go take a walk, maybe go to a party and talk to some real life people because I think the anonymity factor of being online disassociates posters from recognizing they probably have more in common with who they are speaking with than not in common.

Hear, hear!

I could really use that advice too, honestly. About to go visit an old friend today

Life is short, enjoy!!

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
the people that destroyed the economy in 2008 and have kept it afloat in a magic bubble of make believe nonsense ever since.

We've been in a magic bubble since Nixon took us off the Gold Standard.

We were doomed when the construction of the Federal Reserve began as an undercover operation. ... Nelson Aldrich ... secret meeting on Jekyll Island, Georgia.

Too bad they're not around to take the beating they so richly deserve.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The best thing about this defense tactic is that in order to win this war, all we need to do is find the strength to LOVE!

No killing involved. Maaaaybee life imprisonment if we were ever able to unite enough to take down the common enemy.

edit on 28-1-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

How do you compromise with people whose entire ideology is rooted in the idea of no compromise?

I have no issues coming to the right on certain things. I’m still searching for that mythical Republican who will move to the left on issues.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Well I was a Democrat until I felt alienated by the party.
I'm sure I still have quite a few liberal tendencies in me.
So have seen the mythical beast--you're even talking to her.
In which issues do you want compromise?
Prison reform? Done.
Legalisation of Marijuana? Definitely!
Immigration reform? I am definitely willing to look at our existing laws to ensure that we offer immigrants a legal and navigable entry point.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

First, what kind of unity?

I'm all for everyone getting along, but it it means people have to give up their freedom then I am against it.

If I am expected to surrender my ability to voice my opinion, my ability to defend myself, my autonomy, then I will oppose it. I don't need someone else to speak for me, and if other people feel they do then that's on them.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Ultimately, unity that I'm calling for has nothing to do with politics anyway.

It's about being human, and taking care of others even if we don't personally "like" them or agree with them.

It's super easy to love the people who agree with us! Takes effort and work to overcome tribalism.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

The video (or even the transcription) explains what kind of unity.

No politics involved, just humanity of all beliefs etc.

I used the word unity deliberatly but now see it was a mistake

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

If by unity you mean people who value freedom in all forms coming together with people who support the technology/corporate oligarchy, no thanks.

I want the exact opposite of unity.

I value freedom in all forms.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

How do you compromise with people whose entire ideology is rooted in the idea of no compromise?

I have no issues coming to the right on certain things. I’m still searching for that mythical Republican who will move to the left on issues.

There are certain issues that sides will never compromise.
Abortion.
Guns.
Honestly I can't think of one topic the left is willing to compromise on either.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

The video (or even the transcription) explains what kind of unity.

No politics involved, just humanity of all beliefs etc.

Where is the transcription?

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I transcribed quotes from the footage and added them to the OP.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If “we” want unity, we have to realize it’s “we the people “ vs our “government “.

All the dark forces are trying desperately to turn American citizens against each other but they don’t realize it will never work, you can’t fool all of the people all of the time....

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

People need to get off the internet, go take a walk, maybe go to a party and talk to some real life people ...

Careful, sounds like you could be "inciting" people to break Covid quarantine rules.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Careful, sounds like you could be "inciting" people to break Covid quarantine rules.

I am.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Unity only works when majority work to create unity. It can't be a pocket here and a pocket there. Where we go one we go all type of mentality is needed. Unfortunately as long as the majority continue to be keyboard warriors instead of taking real action, it'll never happen. Every one individual wants unity but not one individual can do it by him or herself. Sure, one person can make changes and hope for it to trickle along but at this point we don't need a trickle, we need a dam break.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I transcribed quotes from the footage and added them to the OP.

I see. Well, then I'll wait until I watch the video before I post again.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Discourse nowadays is absolutely filled with linguistic landmines. Intentionally, imo, but thats neither here nor there. Makes things tricky since some of the most important concepts already have defined narratives.

Id say one of the greatest shows of unity in history is the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

It doesnt mean agreement on literally everything.. Its about identifying core principles that apply universally and then figuring out specifics as we go.

I believe modern technology enables us to now examine how we might go about that same foundational process, but with aspects like food, energy, and manufacturing. Rather than any specifics though, I think most time, focus, energy, and resources are poured into either corporate-political ideological purity or a return to an illusory rose-tinted (recent) past.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born, And a time to die;
A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted;
A time to kill, And a time to heal;
A time to break down, And a time to build up;
A time to weep, And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, And a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to gain, And a time to lose;
A time to keep, And a time to throw away;
A time to tear, And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;
A time to love, And a time to hate;
A time of war, And a time of peace.

The Question is: Is this the right time or not?

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I agree with you, but every time we turn the other cheek, we get smacked again and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick and tired of it. How many times must one get hit before (s)he hits back?

It's a slippery slope between self defense and war depending on how hard you hit back and if you know where to aim.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join