It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trading 212 protecting the rich

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Good morning ATS.

I'm sure many of you are hearing about the whole GME fiasco. Seems like we are on the verge of a real occupy wall street. Many are buying up GME stock to fight back against these 1%ers who are making a killing shorting and naked shorting on stocks they don't even have. see h ttps://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/ for the ongoing fiasco.

My post is regarding the actions of trading212. Since this has happened, trading 212 has now stopped accepting new customers, and has also stopped people buying GME stock. They have also issued warnings such as;

"The unprecedented market activity in GameStop is causing extreme strain on the entire trade execution ecosystem worldwide.

We want to warn you of potential disruptions due to excessive market risk of trading extremely volatile stocks. Order execution of stocks with incredibly heightened trading activity such as GameStop and AMC Entertainment might face sudden and unforeseen circumstances. Please, consider the risks before placing an order with these securities." - helpcentre.trading212.com...

Is this clear indication of these companies protecting the rich? What say you ats? The big guys have been doing this for years, yet when the common man does it, all hell seems to break loose.

Interesting times.
edit on 28-1-2021 by pr0ph3t because: Been awake way too long, thought it's the afternoon, yet still very much morning!

edit on Thu Jan 28 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: broke reddit link

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I love it.

1.8 million subscribers to r/wallstreetbets and it keeps growing. They have essentially assembled an army and for all the right reasons! The establishment finally lost and from here on out I predict one of two things will happen:

1. tighter regulations to prevent the little guy from doing this to a corporate America ever again.

or

2. A revolution in the stock market where people get together online to create quick "pop-up" hedge funds.

Crazy times !

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pr0ph3t

Wow, that reddit link, just wow.

Have you read some of the replies there? I have.

A helluva people that were robbed in '08, lost their college funds, lost their jobs. 12 people in a 3 bed-house because of it.
A ton of desperate for revenge people who are in this for the long road.

Its not left versus right its rich versus poor, always has been.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Wow, that reddit link, just wow.

Have you read some of the replies there? I have.

A helluva people that were robbed in '08, lost their college funds, lost their jobs. 12 people in a 3 bed-house because of it.
A ton of desperate for revenge people who are in this for the long road.

Its not left versus right its rich versus poor, always has been.

Bingo mate! I read through them and could literally feel the hatred for these scumbags who are keeping the poor, poor. I truly hope they have their day of reckoning. It's long overdue

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Damn right they are scared. It's about time. I seen many many posts from people on the reddit forum saying things like "I don't care if I make money." "It's about sending a message."

I sold at a decent profit yesterday. Thinking of buying back in today to be part of that message. plus, I like the stock

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Absinth3

I wanted to get in on this movement too, just as trading212 decided to be a dirty scoundrel. Now not only can I not make an account, I can't even invest in GME as they've stopped it! Looks like I and many others will be moving trading platforms due to this.

HOOOOOOOOLD!

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Robinhood has held up pretty well. they are not restricting trades. No fees, either. I will DM you (and anyone else that wants one) an invite code and we both get a random FREE stock!

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Um. I think Trading 212 acted responsibly. They notified their existing user-base of some risky activity going on in two companies - Gamestop and AMC.

In building my small portfolio of shares, I have seen activity which is clearly designed to artificially elevate share prices so people can profit. It's a mug's game.

For example, in penny trading YouTubers will promote stocks, and a whole bunch of excitable people will buy the shares, the price will go up in a vertical spike. Wonder who makes most money? Because lots of people are left with shares that are pretty-much worthless once the sellers reap their rewards and the price crashes back, as it always does.

YouTube, Reddit, Twitter and a whole bunch of other social groups all being manipulated by unethical and unscrupulous people chasing the greed machine. What's new?

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I have seen people at work show me apps that they use to buy into shares. Is that what you guys are talking about with robin hood and trading 212??

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Absinth3

Robinhood has held up pretty well. they are not restricting trades. No fees, either. I will DM you (and anyone else that wants one) an invite code and we both get a random FREE stock!

I just read on Twitter that the Robinhood app has stopped trading on GME and AMC.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

They stopped users from buying or from both buying and selling? There's gotta be some protection for me to be able to sell my shares that I legally bought.

They are going to have some really pissed off users if they pull some crap like that.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Wondering how long it will be before the Stasi starts kicking in doors of those who opened the curtain to OZ showing once again how corrupt our so called government has become? Average everyday people beat the elite at their own game and embarrassed the hell out of them while exposing MORE of their corrupt game of fleecing the people out jobs/money.

35k+ troops at the WH, how long do you think it will be until the NYSE will be surrounded by troops?

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

Just checked, you can close positions but cannot buy additional shares / contracts.

Crazy town... I'll bet there's already a movie in the works. The big squeeze!

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

They stopped users from buying or from both buying and selling? There's gotta be some protection for me to be able to sell my shares that I legally bought.

They are going to have some really pissed off users if they pull some crap like that.

The person posting said that they bought AMC on the Robinhood app last night after the close and this morning the app says the "stock isn't available for trading here". So it sounds like both ways.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

So they are holding the person's shares hostage? That can't be legal.

I know they have 3,000 pages of fine print but I highly doubt they had something like this in there......

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Makes your heart bleed for those poor hedge fund managers doesn’t it? Umm, no.

I see the White House are monitoring the situation. Maybe they should have been monitoring the Bank’s shenanigans back in 2008.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's only okay when the big boys do this, there is absolutely no reason to shut down trading.

love this comment from a stock trading

$GME's volume yesterday was 93 Million. $AMC volume was 1.2 billion. $GME increased pps by $200.00, $AMC increased pps by $15.00. The difference is a buy and hold mentality vs a buy and sell for profit one. We did 12 times the volume yet only increased $15 per share.

Some people somewhere bought some stock

265.01 -82.50 (-23.74%)
Before hours: 9:27AM ESt

Definitely, a battle going on it's bouncing up and down
edit on 28-1-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Robinhood has pulled trading on:
GME, BB, NOK, AMC, BBBY, MT, LGND, and basically every other stock with mentions on r/wsb. Basically market manipulation to the fullest. They are sponsored by Citadel. Not only does this prove a point, but it's the rich vs. the poor.

We all know who gets the true gov't support.
It's not the poor.

As of right now, 9:36:20 am, GME is halted and TD Ameritrade has set the buy limit at $9,999.00 on trades.

We may see some biblical events unfold today.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I've heard that eToro and Webull are still working for americans, I don't know anything about them, we use questrade, which may be in Canada only.

I really dont know much about the stock world, all I know that I'm hungry and it looks like we will be dining on the rich.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join