It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleischmann's Baking Helpline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Have a baking crisis at hand? Looks like there's a hotline for that! While baking a loaf of bread today, I happened to read an interesting line on the yeast packet:
BAKING HELPLINE: 1-800-777-4959

I was so intrigued! Truly, in a million years, I never imagined there would be a baking helpline.
I really want something to go wrong now with my baking so I can call and see what it's all about.

Have any of you heard of, or even better, used the Baking Hotline? If so, were you impressed with the response?

Anyway, just posting here in case anyone else gets a kick out of this information as much as I. (I have a weird sense of what's awesome--what can I say?)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I was so intrigued! Truly, in a million years, I never imagined there would be a baking helpline.

LOL
Doesn't ButterBall have a turkey hotline? Yep! HAHA Talk turkey at(1-800-288-8372) www.butterball.com...

You should call your baking hotline and ask some question about humidity or elevation, or humidity AND elevation!

edit on 27-1-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's a really good idea, and particularly since I'm at a higher elevation than many, but maybe not high enough to make a real baking difference.

And then I don't even need anything to go wrong!

It's open only till 4 pm. I'll call tomorrow and report back.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I have been baking breads and rolls for about fifteen years, wore out two bread machines just kneeding and initially rising the dough...oh wait almost three machines now. I probably have made about seven hundred loaves of bread and a couple hundred dozen hard rolls over those years. The kids and grandkids eat the vast majority of the rolls I make and maybe a tenth of the number of bread loafs I make. I usually make bread and buns one to two times a week. We do not buy much store bread anymore.

I buy the big blocks of yeast, A package fills two and a quarter pint mason jars. It is lots cheaper buying it by the big brick of yeast, we use Red Star, It comes out to cost about seven cents a loaf and six rolls for the yeast. Better than spending about thirty three cents a roll for the packets.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm looking into Red Star now. Thanks for the good advice! I make pizza dough (and on a rare occasion pastry) which uses yeast as well, so saving money in the long term would be great.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm looking into Red Star now. Thanks for the good advice! I make pizza dough (and on a rare occasion pastry) which uses yeast as well, so saving money in the long term would be great.

We get ours from GFS, they sell it for seven bucks for the two pound package. It does a lot of baking. We also make pizza crusts, cinnamon rolls, and some other stuff with it, but mostly it is for bread, hardrolls, hamburger buns, and hot dog buns. The deer probably ate five dozen rolls and buns and equivalent to three loaves of bread this winter already. I would swear they smell the bread cooking, but I only give them a couple of rolls a day when they come. Mostly they eat potatoes, carrots, apples, and homemade pie, we use mostly all organic products and grains, don't want to poison our four legged friends. The kids get kind of Jealous because the deer get some of their rolls...Ha Ha, the deer live here, I don't have to deliver. Deer shouldn't eat a lot of bread, they get wheat belly.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   

...and particularly since I'm at a higher elevation than many...

Sounds like your problem right there.

"Fleischmann's Baking Helpline, how can we assist you?"

"Uhhh....huh huh huh....uh....I'm like, uhhhhh, having a problem, with, uhhh...huhuhuhuh...my bread...it's, like, uh....talking to me....uh, huh huh huh...FIRE!"

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's not a problem until the house catches fire

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

It's not a problem until the house catches fire

One of my favorite pastimes, a little arson never hurt anyone...

new topics

top topics

join