It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloris Leachman Dead At 94

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I loved Cloris. Such incredible talent. She will be missed.

Oscar winner and multiple Emmy winner Cloris Leachman, best remembered as the delightfully neurotic Phyllis Lindstrom on “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” and her own subsequent sitcom, died of natural causes on Tuesday in Encinitas, Calif. She was 94.

She lived a long life and was an amazingly funny actress IMO. Her serious roles were also excellent, but I am a sucker for comedy.

“It’s been my privilege to work with Cloris Leachman, one of the most fearless actresses of our time,” her longtime manager Juliet Green said. “There was no one like Cloris. With a single look she had the ability to break your heart or make you laugh ’till the tears ran down your face. You never knew what Cloris was going to say or do and that unpredictable quality was part of her unparalleled magic.”

The daffy, self-absorbed Phyllis, a character she claimed was close to her own persona, brought the actress two Emmys as a featured actress in a series during the mid-’70s and made Leachman a household name.

Read more here - variety.com...

Her IMDb is also quite impressive. A talented woman. A tragic loss for her friends and family. RIP Cloris. Thanks for the laughs!!

www.imdb.com...
edit on 1/27/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Young Frankenstein.

"He vas my BOYFRIEND!"

RIP

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Just saw this... she was ubiquitous at 287 credits.

But swear to god I had no idea she was the the french revolutionary in "The History of the World Part 1". Young Frankenstein sure... but.

Her most uncomfortable roll for me was Grandma in Beerfest.

Thanks for a million laughs Cloris

Betty White is still ok right?

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Young Frankenstein.

"He vas my BOYFRIEND!"

RIP

One of my top 10 favorite movies of all time! She was great lol. It took me a few years out of childhood to figure how why the horses always neighed whenever anyone said her name - Frau Blucher!!!

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Betty White is still ok right?

So far so good!! Hopefully it stays that way.
edit on 1/27/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I loved Cloris. Such incredible talent. She will be missed.

Oscar winner and multiple Emmy winner Cloris Leachman, best remembered as the delightfully neurotic Phyllis Lindstrom on “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” and her own subsequent sitcom, died of natural causes on Tuesday in Encinitas, Calif. She was 94.

She lived a long life and was an amazingly funny actress IMO. Her serious roles were also excellent, but I am a sucker for comedy.

“It’s been my privilege to work with Cloris Leachman, one of the most fearless actresses of our time,” her longtime manager Juliet Green said. “There was no one like Cloris. With a single look she had the ability to break your heart or make you laugh ’till the tears ran down your face. You never knew what Cloris was going to say or do and that unpredictable quality was part of her unparalleled magic.”

The daffy, self-absorbed Phyllis, a character she claimed was close to her own persona, brought the actress two Emmys as a featured actress in a series during the mid-’70s and made Leachman a household name.

Read more here - variety.com...

Her IMDb is also quite impressive. A talented woman. A tragic loss for her friends and family. RIP Cloris. Thanks for the laughs!!

www.imdb.com...

Talented and funny no doubt, one of those people who don't need to command respect, it's just there in oodles, R.I.P. that lady.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Loved her. Back when I actually got comedy.
As an aside, I’ve noticed how very old many of these people of note are when they pass. I’m not confident I will get another 30 years.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I will always remember her as Phyllis.

RIP Cloris!

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Agreed. She was classy I think. I never got that “I’m better than you” vibe from her. She had a quick wit and sarcasm so sharp you couldn’t help but appreciate it.

originally posted by: Zrtst
Loved her. Back when I actually got comedy.
As an aside, I’ve noticed how very old many of these people of note are when they pass. I’m not confident I will get another 30 years.

Me either if I’m telling the truth. I’m not sure if they seem to live longer because they've never had to make a living doing manual labor or of their money simply affords then medical care we’d never dare dream of. Who knows.

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
I will always remember her as Phyllis.

RIP Cloris!

Yes! I absolutely loved the Mary Tyler Moore show. They don’t make them like that anymore.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Young Frankenstein.

"He vas my BOYFRIEND!"

RIP

Lord I remember her on the Mary Tyler Moore show. She was always funny very underrated

RIP Frau Blucher

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Young Frankenstein.

"He vas my BOYFRIEND!"

RIP

Lord I remember her on the Mary Tyler Moore show. She was always funny very underrated

RIP Frau Blucher

I remember her as Gam Gam. I won't forget her....., ever.

Great Gam Gam: We are all whores in some ways.
edit on 27-1-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just saw her in an episode of Gunsmoke
She was very talented and funny.
RIP AND FLY HIGH CLORIS

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I just watched Croods 2 with the grandsons this past weekend, and was looking up all the characters. She was the old cave lady. And very funny in both movies. Her voice was very distinctive.

Lots of other movies I liked her in too.

RIP.

I Know we are going to loose Betty White soon too, which will be another sad day.
She is my absolute favorite in Lake Placid.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   

A very good long life lived, fantastic roles and will be missed. Need to watch quite a few things again in order to celebrate her career.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: putnam6

Young Frankenstein.

"He vas my BOYFRIEND!"

RIP

RIP Frau Blucher

I remember her as Gam Gam. I won't forget her....., ever.

Great Gam Gam: We are all whores in some ways.

She always was hilarious in just about all of her roles I've seen her in...

Great Gam Gam : Mr. Badrinath... we are not so different, you and I. I've had all kinds of things shoved up my ass. I got over it. You will, too.

[puts a comforting hand on Barry's shoulder]

Great Gam Gam : You will, too.

Great Gam Gam : I always sleep better with a little sausage in me.

Great Gam Gam : You two are the rightful heirs to the Von Wolfhausen Brewery. You should have the balls to take back what is yours!

Steve "Fink" Finklestein : Wow! You even talk like a whore!

Great Gam Gam : We are all whores in some ways.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 02:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Texan123

rats..don't know how to post video
It was ending this thread on a high note.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Just copy and paste a link if you can’t embed it. We won’t wilt if we have to click it.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Texan123

rats..don't know how to post video
It was ending this thread on a high note.

Ha! I think you meant this😄

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Good lord what a funny lady
My favorite will always be Nurse Diesel in High Anxiety.

“Dinner starts promptly at 7. Those who are tardy won’t get a fruit cup.”

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
Lol, that's the one. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join