It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Costing Goliath Billions

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Anyone surprised?

Facebook Bans ‘Robinhood Stock Traders Group’ With 157,000 Members

summit.news...

Lol silencing "hate speech", it's not just for Trump supporters !

To my children, I'm sorry this is the country we left you...

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Guessing the Jen Psaki connection has come up already?

Her brother, Jeff Psaki was a bigwig at Citadel...

www.businessinsider.nl...

Jeff Psaki, who previously worked under Felder at Magnetar, is expected to join later this year leading the credit component of the strategy, according to people familiar with the matter. Psaki most recently worked at Magnetar as a portfolio manager and head of credit, within the firm’s fundamental strategies unit. He earlier worked at Goldman Sachs and Barclays.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Lol maybe. Thats when option trading begins and normal market hours.

So it's quite possible

I have a tip to help you make up for getting hosed on GME...

Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel.

Was it Anacott or Endicot? Now I have to look it up...

ETA:
Yeah it's Anacott. Haven't seen it in a while and I guess I heard it wrong.
edit on 29-1-2021 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Bought and sold some AMC stock, pretty fun.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Email from stock twits wrapping up the week. Found this part interesting.

After more than two decades as one of the most renowned short-sellers, Andrew Left announced on YouTube that he and Citron Research would discontinue short-selling reports, pivoting instead to evaluating companies. 

This 180º turn resulted from attacks by $GME and $AMC investors after Left posted a video where he said he was shorting the stocks.

Unfortunately, this change is largely due to the severity of the personal threats he received. After publishing his video, he got death threats aimed at him and his family. That’s unacceptable, and we sincerely hope he stays safe. 
Without the sugary profits, it looks like Citron’s lemonade was too bitter for him to continue drinking.

Here's the video they were talking about.

youtu.be...

edit on 29-1-2021 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hope they got after google, facebook, twitter and AWS/amazon next!!

Then after whatever commodity hurts the make believe currency,maybe it'll force a return to gold standard and confiscation of 99% of bulk unbacked bills in circ

Best part about David and goliath....david eventually ends goliath quite triumphant
edit on 1/30/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

It’s literally impossible for him not to do this as barring possible future legislation retailers will jump on every single one he mentions out of spite.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I was laughing my butt off at 4:30 this morning when I saw 300+. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

She's not wrong.

These Kevins can EAD.

That must be a very expensive habit, I wouldn't even know where to buy one other than a seedy Las Vegas revue's back alley for 100$ but they don't like people trying to eat them. Swallowing whole sure but biting and chewing is a no go. All I know is the little guys better all EAS because they're about to need to slim down financially. Is choose to EACS, Cobb is my favorite. Maybe chef. C either way.
edit on 1/31/2021 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Here is Elon Musk questioning Vlad if anyone's interested. He asks a few questions about Citadel.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
FYI
Fidelity must be getting hammered. I've been trying to create a new account to transfer my RH positions over but their site's busted. Apparently it's been borked since Friday.
I've heard you can call in to get rolling though

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Keep trying...I had some issues logging in on my phone. I had to try a couple times, however the website worked fine.

If you transfer your account be aware that it will take days possibly even over a week...your account will be frozen until it clears transfer.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Thanks for the info Ricky. The freeze isn't really a concern. I just don't want to lose any positions/investments I have during the transfer. I read on Fidelity's site that some stocks under $1/share might be sold off first and transferred as cash. Hopefully mine stay above that

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have a feeling the meme stock run is about to come to an end shortly.

That's not to say a few don't have their pops here and there, but all good things must come to an end, and all the new blood are going to lose fodder with too many plays and wrong timing.

I'm sure institutional holders are going to let go at the highest prices they've ever seen for some of the bags they've been holding for years.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yea man, the smart ones got out when it was above 400. A lot of people were saying it would go to 1k. That was a pipe dream. They already won. The shorts lost billions. Citron said they will no longer do shorts. Now only bag holders are left. I'll be surprised if GME finishes the week above $100. It'll be a while until we see something like this again.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Wealth redistribution I can get behind.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I can see the hype men trying to take advantage of the retail investors who found a couple extra bucks, and winners complex.

My favorite is what's happening to Doge.

The other night I was tuning in to Elon Musk's clubhouse meeting... I just watched on some random YouTube channel, and they were blatantly telling people to pump Doge.

They were saying it might get as high as Bitcoin. Now, there isn't enough money in the world from all countries combined to get Doge as high as Bitcoin. It just mathematically cannot happen.

There is going to be a blood bath soon, and the market is going to correct itself.

The people new to the scene who survive will because they found some decent plays that made sense. The discussions will be a competition again of why some stocks are good plays, it will go back to normal I think.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Kind of off topic, but semi relates to the stock market in general.

Elon Musk says he's taking a break from twitter today.

Jeff Bezos steps down as CEO of Amazon.

There have been three space companies going public via SPAC very recently.

Looks like the space race 2.0 is heating up.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don’t want to say its happening again but....something sure the hell is.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Return of the shortsell-kiddies?

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Could be but I think its going up on news they pushed out the CEO and the guy that used to run Chewy is taking control.

Still over priced as hell

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join