It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Costing Goliath Billions

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I started about a year ago and have been hooked ever since.

I haven't stopped learning the whole way through, but overall I've done pretty decent.

I've always been interested in current events, and the market gives me a way to test my theories and bet on them.

The nice thing too is the financial perspective is mostly agnostic to politics and usually delivers straight forward news. There's still spin with things, but it's not the same tired old two party spin. Because on Wallstreet, theres always an angle to make money.

Indeed, I'm hooked as well and only after 3 weeks

My co-worker who got me into this just 3 weeks ago told me about his dogecoin investment of 300 dollars, at the price he got in at it gave him 68,000 (roughly) dogecoins, and so I bought in cheap as well but just got 6820 coins. Then 2 days later he said he was dumping all of his dogecoin and I told him DONT SELL IT!, I had a feeling it was going to rally soon, but he didn't listen, and then today it rallied and he would have made 3000 on his coins. I made 200 today on it if it holds.

All my stocks are doing good too. It is addicting and fun

ETA
They blocked buying CTRM today as well once it started going up a little, which is odd since every other stock I bought 3 weeks ago started going up right away and they didn't block those. I don't get why they included Castor Maritime today in these blocks. Or they are protecting the short sellers is what I heard.
edit on 28-1-2021 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: eta

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hmmmm?
Could this be just another way to destroy small businesses??
the covid have destroy a lot of small businesses.

any one tell me if this is a good way to do it?

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Literally all you can even do now is diamond hands GTE or go day trade the most illogical bucking bronco you can ride...i think every other option I looked at just wasn't worth waiting a few months for a fair shake. If we actually call the squeeze on this how it's predicted 1k GME will be a laugh...if not there's always pot stocks...

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Considering the movement that started this came from a genuine like of the company and that like exposed these shorts in 2019 I'm doubting it. In fact I'm betting the guy responsible for this short squeeze would have had a much easier time had no one seen it coming. Instead he made it public and got some serious weight behind him once it rang true.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Saw this on Reddit, thought I'll share...credit to User: IsJackpot

Today, the market opened very strong. It opened so strong that we were looking at a self-perpetuating gamma squeeze all the way up way past $570.

At approximately 9:58 am, the stock had reached $468 in a parabolic move.

Two minutes earlier, at 9:56 am, Robinhood tweeted that they were not allowing users to buy GME stock, but they would allow selling.

The trend instantly halted and started a collapse downwards, before picking up a bit, especially after some retail was allowed back in.
They needed your shares so badly that they literally risked PRISON TIME to get them. They tried robbing you, and I'm not even exaggerating. They were within 30 seconds of all being wiped out today

I agree with this, as far as I know, multiple brokers never stopped trading before.

If this is true, the market will probably crash, maybe even just after open. So I recommend selling some of your non shorted, regular stocks. Buy some Gamestop if possible, and some other shorted stocks, like Virgin Galactic, and National Beverage. Also buy some downside market protection, like a triple bear nasdaq ETF. If you are allowed buying options, buy some puts on a Nasdaq, or S&P, or Russell ETF.

If a crash happens, it would happen so fast that there would not be any time to sell during the crash, so selling stock or buying protection has to be done beforehand.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Back above 400.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I see a lot of brokers are now halting trading and locking out retail investment to protect the hedge funds.

Still it was funny while it lasted.

Gonna be a few splats from penthouse apartments in the financial districts.

Who's next? I like the sound of this game.
edit on 29/1/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Dogecoin

I'd take your profits and run. Sh!tcoins pump and dump all the time, dogecoin is an inhouse joke within the crypto community.

You'd be better served sticking with ETH and BTC, anything else is just a gamble although i do hold small speculative positions in Cardano and Theta.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Back above 400.

Very low volume pre-hours compared to yesterday.

Either they’ve given up or they have something planned.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Theyre opening back up now. Robinhood has it again. Today will be interesting. Lots of option contracts expire or get exercised

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Dogecoin

I'd take your profits and run. Sh!tcoins pump and dump all the time, dogecoin is an inhouse joke within the crypto community.

You'd be better served sticking with ETH and BTC, anything else is just a gamble although i do hold small speculative positions in Cardano and Theta.

I like in house jokes that make me a thousand dollars in one day. I'm laughing too, all the way to the bank.
I have BTC and ETH and others. Right now all of them are green.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Yup. I picked up some doge coin yesterday. Its hilarious how cheap it was and the little run its going on. A meme crypto. Fun times.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

My intuition is that if limited trading is being re-established for GME and some of these other assets targeted for short squeeze, then the hedge funds have some breathing room and some way has been found to ease the crunch on availability of shares. We shall see; will be watching closely today.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

It only makes you a thousand dollars if you sell it. Don't say i didn't warn you.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Me too. If you have a minute, here is the webull ceo explaining the freeze yesterday. He did an immensely better job of explaining than the robinhood ceo.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   
How long until the Biden administration bails out the hedgefunds?

Can’t wait for the riots after that.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
GME at 355 now.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Remember the whole epi pen thing? Trump made the executive order to keep the prices down after the makers spiked them. Biden just reversed that for no logical reason.

So I'm sure he'd be more than happy to bail out these guys.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
GME over 360 now...

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

930 is going to be wild

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join