It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Looks Like the GOP Has Enough Votes to Acquit Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
He tried to lead a violent overthrow of the government. Pathetic to excuse or pretend different. The evidence is growing. If they acquit they will most likely lose their next election and trump is going to prison either way.

If the evidence is growing then why don't you share what you have.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

As much love as people had for Trump, there was alot of dislike. His behavior, lies, and constant trolling put alot of people off. Many just wanted stabilization which they thought biden would provide. (Not saying he will).

I had convinced a few Democrat people that Biden wasn't a good choice early on. They voted against him in the DNC. Then, when it came down to just Biden vs Trump, they chose their percieved lesser evil.

To actually believe there's a high probability that 80% of the population voted for trump is to be totally unaware of how many people were unhappy with him.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Here's the simple truth: The MAGA "rioters" are loudmouthed amateurs at most. Most MAGA supporters were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Lol.. You people.. Absolutely condemned blm and antifa riots. Encouraged them to be shot on site. Then, say ooo those maga guys on the 6th were just accidentally at the wrong place at the wrong time..

Such bias...

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

He tried to lead a violent overthrow of the government. Pathetic to excuse or pretend different. The evidence is growing. If they acquit they will most likely lose their next election and trump is going to prison either way.

Normally you would need an overwhelming military force, that you would use to seize control of all major infrastructure, military bases even local police stations etc right across the target country to pull off an "overthrow of government". The capital building is little more than a meeting place for the mouth breathers that make the rules. You know, the perfect place for a protest.
This narrative that a few dozen unarmed people (of dubious political leaning) having an all access unguided tour of the afforementioned building was some sort big scary takeover of the most powerfull nation in known history, is asinine beyond comprehension.
It seriously forces me to consider the possibilty that maybe DuPont are still putting lead in paint products.....

FFS some people really need to get a grip.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Lol.. You people... Such bias...

LOL indeed! But it's sure not my bias showing.

Absolutely condemned blm and antifa riots.

Damned right I did and still do.

Encouraged them to be shot on site.

Nope, never ever did I encourage them to be shot -- neither on site nor on sight. Never ever would either.

Then, say ooo those maga guys on the 6th were just accidentally at the wrong place at the wrong time..

I said "most," as is easily verified by the numbers. A simple comparison of the number of attendees at Trump's actual rally with the number of people who actually "stormed" the capitol -- including those who were never MAGA supporters -- will prove it. I never gave any violent MAGA folks a free pass... unlike those who give BLM and Antifa a free pass.

Antifa and BLM are self-declared and self-appointed violent rioters. That is their purpose. Their standard operating procedure. Their motus operandi. MAGA supporters Trump and "making America great again." Violence and riots are not the stated and declared purpose of MAGA supporters.

It is what it is.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

LMAO
Someone is leading a violent overthrow of your brain if you really believe that.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

The democrats Divide & Conquer scheme wouldn't make it without people like you.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Putting America and Americans first is dangerous?

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Right, I didnt know you could Impeach a private citizen

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: slatesteam

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Analbumcover

Don't kid yourself. They know exactly what they are doing which Is pandering to their base. Trump is ruined, canceled, and disgraced. In the next four years he will be forgotten or become a cautionary tale of all that is bad in America. He will not have a platform to fight back and most of his bridges have been burned.

Ha. Cute you think there will be an “America” in the next 4 years to ahem, “discuss”....

I am sure it will be here and running almost exactly as bad as when Trump was in charge. I take that back. It will probably be better after covid is gone.

Every damn time there is a new president I hear how it is the end of America. No, it is just the end of your team's winning streak for a while. The pendulum will swing and I will hear the other side howl about how the end is coming.
Yes but before democracy was not destroyed then because of a blatant electoral coup! So now its a whole new ball game..........................................just watch the events unfold over the next year or two!
edit on 27-1-2021 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Right, I didnt know you could Impeach a private citizen

You can do anything you darn well please if you are a Democrat.

Haven't you learned that lesson by now?

Force a business to open just for you when it is forbidden and then punish the owner when the public finds out. Elite Democratic politicians have that privilege to do with impunity.

Force a restaurant to have a closed door private party with no masks and seated closely together in the middle of a pandemic when restaurants are shut down. Elite Democratic politicians have the privilege to do with impunity.

Tell a foreign nation to fire a prosecutor who is investigating your son or no foreign aid for them. Elite Democratic politicians are free to threaten and blackmail foreign governments to keep their children out of jail with impunity.

Get with the program, Democrats, especially elite Democratic Politicians can do anything to anyone that they want. Elitist Democrat politicians have that right and privilege, at least they say and act like they do - and they DO get away with it. I guess they really are the special overlords with the right to do whatever they please to whomsoever they please.

This is what Democrats voted for and this is the fundamental change they got.

edit on 1/27/21 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
They need like 17 I think, pretty much impossible.

Well, they're kicking around the idea of a secret ballot so who knows.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yeah, he was not a loved president by the liberal media and the Democrats like Pertusi, I mean pelosi that for one reason or the other got a fascination for trump that was bordering on fanatism.

Still this soo call impeachment was a chasm and would never work, he is not longer a president and is a civilian.

Democrats the china party and the impeachment party I forgot, EO party too.

Yeah they love America soo much

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Oh, they will produce fakes votes? they are soo good at it, oops is one too many in congress now, but who cares

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The senate used a Dominion vote tally machine for the impeachment vote.

Out of 100 votes cast, 45 were to acquit, and 4,983 were to convict.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

As much love as people had for Trump, there was alot of dislike. His behavior, lies, and constant trolling put alot of people off. Many just wanted stabilization which they thought biden would provide. (Not saying he will).

I had convinced a few Democrat people that Biden wasn't a good choice early on. They voted against him in the DNC. Then, when it came down to just Biden vs Trump, they chose their percieved lesser evil.

To actually believe there's a high probability that 80% of the population voted for trump is to be totally unaware of how many people were unhappy with him.

I think you've figured out I had no 'love' for him. He didn't cross the Delaware like George Washington ... or anything remotely similar.

I won't try to argue any given number (like 80%). It's just too obvious the flood of ballots 'for' Bye-Den didn't come from legit voters. I mean, how does a mail-in ballot not have any creases in it? The people counting the votes just followed the instructions their bosses gave 'em. Now that they know how pissed-off more than half the country is with them, they'll never willingly associate themselves with their deeds.

The Dems have a check mark in the Win category. My hats off to 'em. My helmet is just over there.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Fair points. Maybe my post was a little emotional. I disagree w ith BLM being "self-appointed violent rioters". I would say the majority of BLM protesters were not violent at all. Their purpose was not to cause violence. And i can agree that most Trump supporters are not interested in violence or a coup either.

However, I think the notion of election fraud, Qanon, and Trump (and administration) played a role in the 6th. To just pass the buck to ANTIFA and blame them completely seems dishonest. There was a lot of people there who truely believed they were apart of a revolution.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Thank you for clarifying and expanding -- and all points are true enough and fair enough. I think we agree more than we disagree, and are just coming at this from different directions. Neither of us appreciates the violence by anybody on any "side." We're all people first, and need to treat each other with simple humanity first and foremost.

And I agree that most "Black Lives Matter" protesters were peaceful and lawful, and had both good reason and good intentions to protest. But BLM as a political organization has different values and different purposes. I'm really not trying to play semantics. I just think there are important distinctions to be made between the people on the street standing for their values and principles and those in the legal and official BLM political organization.

These are the same distinctions I make on the right, for much the same reasons. The troublemakers exploit legitimate protests/protesters for their own purposes.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Well, they're kicking around the idea of a secret ballot so who knows.

You know, anything and I mean ANYTHING to get the votes, right?

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I don't know.. I would need to see an official report that detailed significant evidence to show the election was rigged on a massive scale. It's definitely possible but we may never know for sure.

I feel like Trump people want it to be true, and biden supporters won't even attempt to consider it. Stalemate..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join