It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Lockdown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I'm perfectly aware that if you're not paying then you're the product not the customer.

I run my business primarily on Facebook and that gives me "free" advertising and web hosting in a way.

I own and run special interest groups and companies give me products to keep in return for owning them and allowing others to see

I'm not sure what profit they make from me personally, I have maybe 150 "friends" and don't click ads. In the past 18 months I've had maybe £4500 worth of tools for nothing and I've no idea how much revenue generated from Facebook customers sales.

As I said, maybe you're doing it wrong?

originally posted by: RickyD

originally posted by: nonspecific
If used correctly Facebook is made up of your friends and interests and some adverts.

If you dislike it then your doing it wrong.

originally posted by: alldaylong

Considering you literally are the product they are selling...literally they are selling you...I think however you're doing it is wrong...unless their is a right way to let someone else sell you and profit while you are left to be manipulated by those they sell you to.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I don't really think they are inhibiting free speech.

It's there company and they have rules.

You can say what you like but if you're in my house and you step out of line then your out of my door but feel free to stand on the street and say whatever you like.

originally posted by: Thenail
a reply to: nonspecific

If goebbels is your friend than i guess you’re right . Freedom of speech is a big one to me . Globalist corporations that want to limit speech should be wiped off the earth because they’re destroying it

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   

This is what I thought as well. It’s their platform and their rules. If they say they don’t want people using a certain type of language or discussion certain topics, then those that use the platform need to adhere to it. Or, leave.

I suppose one of the difficult policing areas is ‘grey area’ discussions; what and how people classify certain language or rhetoric as against the policies of the platform owner. And if the consumers of the platform disagree with the platform owner, you often hear the usual freedom of speech infringement argument.

I personally don’t use FB; tried it when it first came out and didn’t like the concept, so I’m not fussed.

But unless it was some govt sanctioned platform, it’s the owner’s call at the end of the day and if people don’t like it, they’re free to leave and use a competing product or start their own...

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
So I've been locked out of facebook for 24 hours. My crime? Pointing out what Biden has said in the past.

Someone outside of the USA said that we are so lucky to have Biden as President. "He seems like-able, and a great thinker."

To which I said:

"At first he's like-able, just 'Average Joe.' Then you say something he doesn't like, suddenly you're a jackass and need to go behind the building and be punched in the face. Or so he threatens."

Suddenly I'm locked out of FB for 24 hours because I violated their Community Standards. For paraphrasing what our current President has done and said on the campaign trail.

EDIT: I thought I put this in Media and Conspiracies... not Medical. Is it possible to move it?
you can’t answer your own question? Start from the beginning “ i posted on Facebook...”. There’s your answer for the mess!

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

As I said it's how you use it.

I own and run groups on Facebook and get companies giving me free things because of them.

Free things!!! How do I sign up? u2u me...

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Start a special interest group and grow it into a community. Then ask companies that provide services and products in that field if they want you to promote and review there items.

originally posted by: olaru12

As I said it's how you use it.

I own and run groups on Facebook and get companies giving me free things because of them.

Free things!!! How do I sign up? u2u me...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join