It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question Everything

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Not only has about half the country lost their critical thinking skills, but they now WANT to be told whom to hate and silence each day. They’ve become addicted to anger, hate, and self-fighteousness.

The country wouldn’t be in this current mess if this weren’t so.

Isn't it strange how ideology skews the way we see reality.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I haven't read that one! I'll look for it.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

What about all of the ugly and unintelligent ATSers? I feel left out.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I was talking to you Lou!

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Hello to all you beautiful and intelligent ATSers.
Question everything!

Aw shucks. Thanks ! LoL !!
Right back at ya !

Great advice !
Am even questioning : questioning ...

What aboot parents who answer their children's questions with : ' Because I say so ! ' ?
What does that teach the kiddies ?

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

What aboot parents who answer their children's questions with : ' Because I say so ! ' ?
What does that teach the kiddies ?

This is a great question!

Worth a consideration, for sure.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   
“The Truth Is Out There”

I loved the X-files

Nice OP

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: KansasGirl

Not only has about half the country lost their critical thinking skills, but they now WANT to be told whom to hate and silence each day. They’ve become addicted to anger, hate, and self-fighteousness.

The country wouldn’t be in this current mess if this weren’t so.

Isn't it strange how ideology skews the way we see reality.

Vox? Really? Why not Slate, or Buzzfeed, maybe HuffPo?

So let’s say for sake of argument I wanted to find a similar story circa anywhere in the last year speaking such sense from said sites.....save me some time

Am I gonna have any luck?

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   
%My name is Ted

%And one day I'll be dead, yo, yo, yo!

It may seem an obscure reference, but the 1986 Boys Don't Cry song 'I wanna be a Cowboy' had a rather interesting cultural significance. It was the ultimate musical realization and parody of the Spaghetti Westerns of Clint Eastwood fame. Why is it significant? Because those movies caused a huge resurgence in the popularity of the Old West (even though they were filmed in Spain for the most part). They created a fantasy which made people want to live in a different reality than their own, that of the Old West.

In time though, the fantasy wore off and real life prevailed. Suddenly the people they should have been listening to were dead (yo, yo, yo), they had passed on. They were no longer available to provide guidance in this 'new' world. And, like the song, the fantasy was soon over.

Older generations have long warned the younger generations of the consequences of their actions. Progressively, over time, the younger generations have increasingly insulated themselves from the past. They have built a wall around their fantasy reality, and demonized the past and the lessons of consequence. As time went by society got closer and closer to the proverbial 'edge', the point of no return. Now society is at this edge, and future generations can't get any closer. Ignorant of the past, younger generations will willfully leap off the edge and spiral down into the unknown.

This is where we are right now.

My name is Ted,

And one day I'll be dead, yo, yo, yo.

edit on 1/26/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join