It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI arrests Brandon Straka of Walkaway fame

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
He even predicted they would come for him and they did. Apparently he was in DC on the 6th and his tweets were "inciting" or some such crap.

Brandon Straka, 44, was arrested by agents from the FBI Omaha field office on Monday.

He is charged with impeding a law enforcement officer during civil disorder, knowingly entering and remaining on restricted grounds without lawful authority and/or engaging in disorderly conduct within proximity to a restricted building to impede official functions, and engaging in disorderly conduct with intent to disturb a hearing before Congress.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Right on time. I followed Straka's Walk Away campaign page on Facebook and never saw him even begin to incite anything other than inciting democrats to leave the plantation. He has a YUGE following. Government wants more democrats, not less. Straka is getting in the way.

That's what the real problem is here though IMO. They are going to try real damn hard to make an example out of him for that fact alone. He got "too big for his britches" apparently. Government doesn't approve of that.

Someone needs to tell him to pull a Sullivan and see how that works out for him. I mean he has more ability to be "press" than Sullivan so maybe they'll let it ride.
edit on 1/26/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

He even predicted they would come for him and they did.

Amazing!
A real Sibyl that guy!

Too bad he didn't just "Walk Away"!

edit on 26-1-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Be interesting to see what words he used that they would be considered incitement. I would like to compare those words to many that have come out of Democrat congresscritters during the riots thru out the summer.....

Edit to add and how could I forget, the MSM has incited violence for the past 4 years. Arrest them while your at it if we are playing on an equal playing field that is. lulz
edit on 26-1-2021 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Even with local charges brought against a person, I see criminal charges I don't even recognize as being coded offences. Are these charges legitimate or are they contrived charges to contrived crimes?

I would like to see the actual criminal codes these charges are associated to.
edit on 26-1-2021 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

He even predicted they would come for him and they did. Apparently he was in DC on the 6th and his tweets were "inciting" or some such crap.

If you had your cell phone on you in DC at the Capitol after making threats on Parler, they’re coming for you.

Doesn’t take Nostradamus to figure that out.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Brandon Straka, 44, was arrested by agents from the FBI Omaha field office on Monday.

He is charged with impeding a law enforcement officer during civil disorder, knowingly entering and remaining on restricted grounds without lawful authority and/or engaging in disorderly conduct within proximity to a restricted building to impede official functions, and engaging in disorderly conduct with intent to disturb a hearing before Congress.

How can it be “knowingly entering restricted grounds” when the police opened the doors and ushered people inside?

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

How can it be “knowingly entering restricted grounds” when the police opened the doors and ushered people inside?

Did they? Here's what Brandon Twitter posted from the scene...

“I arrived at the Capitol a few hours ago as Patriots were storming from all sides.
I was quite close to entering myself as police began tear gassing us from the door.
I inhaled tear gas & got it in my eyes. Patriots began exiting shortly after saying
Congress had been cleared.”

Here' s what the FBI is saying...

At around the 3:45 mark of the video, an officer from
the United States Capitol Police holding a protective shield could be seen in the crowd. As individuals pushed past the officer toward the entrance of the U.S. Capitol, the officer held his
shield up in the air. At around the 3:59 mark of the video, STRAKA stated, “Take it away from
him.” STRAKA and others in the crowd then yelled, “Take the shield!” As several people in
the crowd grabbed the officer’s shield, STRAKA yelled, “Take it! Take it!”

The crowd successfully pulled the shield away from the officer as the officer appeared to
be trying to move back toward the entrance of the building. The officer then went back into the
crowd to get his shield back. Several people pulled on the shield as the officer grabbed it, thus
pulling the officer deeper into the crowd. A large group of people then simultaneously pushed
toward the officer as STRAKA and others chanted, “USA!” The officer was able to get his
shield back and then appeared to exit the crowd by going through the entrance to the U.S.
Capitol.

www.justice.gov...

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Because it was a trap.

Now they will throw the book at anyone and everyone who was there to make an example of them.

OBEY

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
DAY 6...

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I heard it on the mock and rob show on wibc radio.
The arrested him because there is video of him telling people to grab a riot shield from one of the capital officers.

Apparently there were a bunch of people trying to push past or some such and Brandon started yelling at them to grab the riot shield and here we are.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yeah, I’m curious to see how many court cases those videos are going to pop up in as evidence and what will be done if they are allowed to be shown.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I would like to see the actual criminal codes these charges are associated to.

Based on the foregoing, your affiant submits that there is probable cause to believe that
STRAKA violated 18 U.S.C. § 231(a)(3) and 18 U.S.C. § 2(a), which make it unlawful to obstruct,
impede, or interfere, and/or to aid and abet another person to obstruct, impede, or interfere, with
any fireman or law enforcement officer lawfully engaged in the lawful performance of his official
duties incident to and during the commission of a civil disorder which in any way or degree
obstructs, delays, or adversely affects … the conduct or performance of any federally protected
function. For purposes of Section 231 of Title 18, a federally protected function means any
function, operation, or action carried out, under the laws of the United States …by an officer or
employee thereof
Based on the foregoing, your affiant submits that there is probable cause to believe that
STRAKA violated 18 U.S.C. § 1752(a)(1) and (2), which makes it a crime to (1) knowingly
enter or remain in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority to do; and (2)
knowingly, and with intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or
official functions, engage in disorderly or disruptive conduct in, or within such proximity to, any
restricted building or grounds when, or so that, such conduct, in fact, impedes or disrupts the
orderly conduct of Government business or official functions.

Your affiant submits there is also probable cause to believe that STRAKA violated 40
U.S.C. § 5104(e)(2)(D), which makes it a crime to willfully and knowingly utter loud, threatening,
or abusive language, or engage in disorderly or disruptive conduct, at any place in the Grounds or
in any of the Capitol Buildings with the intent to impede, disrupt, or disturb the orderly conduct of
a session of Congress or either House of Congress, or the orderly conduct in that building of a
hearing before, or any deliberations of, a committee of Congress or either House of Congress.

www.justice.gov...

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Did they? Here's what Brandon Twitter posted from the scene...

“I arrived at the Capitol a few hours ago as Patriots were storming from all sides.
I was quite close to entering myself as police began tear gassing us from the door.
I inhaled tear gas & got it in my eyes. Patriots began exiting shortly after saying
Congress had been cleared.”

Here' s what the FBI is saying...

At around the 3:45 mark of the video, an officer from
the United States Capitol Police holding a protective shield could be seen in the crowd. As individuals pushed past the officer toward the entrance of the U.S. Capitol, the officer held his
shield up in the air. At around the 3:59 mark of the video, STRAKA stated, “Take it away from
him.” STRAKA and others in the crowd then yelled, “Take the shield!” As several people in
the crowd grabbed the officer’s shield, STRAKA yelled, “Take it! Take it!”

The crowd successfully pulled the shield away from the officer as the officer appeared to
be trying to move back toward the entrance of the building. The officer then went back into the
crowd to get his shield back. Several people pulled on the shield as the officer grabbed it, thus
pulling the officer deeper into the crowd. A large group of people then simultaneously pushed
toward the officer as STRAKA and others chanted, “USA!” The officer was able to get his
shield back and then appeared to exit the crowd by going through the entrance to the U.S.
Capitol.

www.justice.gov...

Kind of looks like the cops let them in. maybe the camera was raycist.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Yeah, I’m curious to see how many court cases those videos are going to pop up in as evidence and what will be done if they are allowed to be shown.

I think that in Amerika, you are still allowed to be tried by a jury of your peers and present evidence to prove your innocence. At least it was that way, perhaps it still is, we will see.
edit on 26-1-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

If you had your cell phone on you in DC at the Capitol after making threats on Parler, they’re coming for you.

Doesn’t take Nostradamus to figure that out.

Aaarrrrggghhhh ... star for that.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Too bad that "Walk Away Brandon" wasn't at that end of the protest, and got tear gas in his eyes and throat instead. Bad luck for him that he was part of the crowd that was ripping a protective shield away from a Capitol Police officer trying to stop him and the crowd surrounding him from entering.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You guys didn’t get the memo. Conservatives aren’t afforded the same rights as liberals. Liberals are allowed to burn down your business and terrorize your neighborhoods over politics, but conservatives aren’t even allowed to protest the actual government causing the issues they’re protesting. Then the left and their masters wonder why people want to shoot first and ask questions later. Can’t ask questions if you’ve been censored and unfairly targeted by a government playing favorites with their citizens.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Too bad that "Walk Away Brandon" wasn't at that end of the protest, and got tear gas in his eyes and throat instead. Bad luck for him that he was part of the crowd that was ripping a protective shield away from a Capitol Police officer trying to stop him and the crowd surrounding him from entering.

And if he did bad things, he should be punished. it's amazing that even when shown facts that counter your narrative, you cling to the part of your narrative that supports.......your narrative.

It looks like some people did some things. We will have to see how this plays out.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

LOL
It's not MY narrative. It's the FBI's and it's BRANDON STRAKA's narrative.

It's the reason why he's been arrested.

Some people were allowed past police barricades, some people were let in by a Congressman. But that is not Brandon Straka's narrative, that he documented in real time on Twitter and with videos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join