It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an a-hole when drunk

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
After a positive, friendly exchange this morning, I thought that I should make another introduction with a disclaimer.

When I drink, I get to looking for a fight, easily angered, and tend to lash out. I apologize if I have ever done that to any of you. If it happens in the future, just say "Have you been drinking again?' That should calm me right down.

I tend to be antisocial and don't like people much. However, I like the members of this community much more than is usual for me. That's what keeps me coming back for more.

Have a great day!

Well..... Welcome to the club my guy. I'll have your gold jacket and name tag printed immediately! =P

Also, welcome to ATS you sometimes A-hole!
edit on 28-1-2021 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Hey how are you feeling today?

Lots of interesting replies on here but very few people “get it.” And I don’t mean that to be judgmental at all. It’s great that they can just stop or only occasionally have a drink now vs. when they were younger. But they’re not alcoholics. Alcoholics CAN’T stop. It has nothing to do with willpower or strength at all. It’s a disease and if you ask any recovering alcoholic they’ll tell you that alcohol wasn’t even the problem, it was just a tool. I can use almost anything to escape; video games, books, learning a new skill. Getting sober is hard but I was just killing myself slowly. Seven years without a drink this February.

I will say when you start to place limits on yourself, like I’ll only drink beer or only drink on Fridays, those are indications you might have a problem. I still remember those moments for me. They were like “huh” moments when I probably should have gotten help. But that wasn’t my path. It took an arrest and court summons to wake my *ss up. Sometimes you have to slip deeper into the well to realize how far you’ve fallen.

I truly hope you don’t fall too far. Alcohol is the great destroyer of lives, friends, and family. If you feel hopeless that you can’t seem to stop, know that it’s not your fault. There’s help out there when you are ready and probably the best years of your life waiting for you. Take care my friend. Like KansasGirl said, PM if you need anything.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Do you mind if i ask how you managed to give up drinking or provide any advice?

My cousin and i are really close as the same age and brought up together. He always had a drinking problem since we were teenagers, he drank say a bottle of wine and a few beers every night but i never seen it as a problem. 2 years ago his wife left him and took the kids and he's really ramped it up, to the point he's lost loads of weight, constantly being sick and although he tries to hide it i notice the shakes. To be honest he's still a great guy even when totally slaughtered so it's more his health i'm worried about rather than behaviour.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join