It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an a-hole when drunk

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
After a positive, friendly exchange this morning, I thought that I should make another introduction with a disclaimer.

When I drink, I get to looking for a fight, easily angered, and tend to lash out. I apologize if I have ever done that to any of you. If it happens in the future, just say "Have you been drinking again?' That should calm me right down.

I tend to be antisocial and don't like people much. However, I like the members of this community much more than is usual for me. That's what keeps me coming back for more.

Have a great day!

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

I'm just the opposite when I'm drunk. I'm charming, agreeable, witty, and my I.Q. increases 50 points!
I'm a philosopher, doctor, historian, and all-around Renaissance Man.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
After a positive, friendly exchange this morning, I thought that I should make another introduction with a disclaimer.

When I drink, I get to looking for a fight, easily angered, and tend to lash out. I apologize if I have ever done that to any of you. If it happens in the future, just say "Have you been drinking again?' That should calm me right down.

I tend to be antisocial and don't like people much. However, I like the members of this community much more than is usual for me. That's what keeps me coming back for more.

Have a great day!

Ever watch a Rat that has been poisoned?

You are being poisoned by te alcohol and your body and mind will do whatever it takes to make it stop.
Extreme behaviours are designed to force change which should stop the poisoning....be it by getting arrested or kicked out of a bar or knocking yourself out trippping on your own feet.

The mind and body will always work together to self-preserve.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

You are being poisoned by te alcohol and your body and mind will do whatever it takes to make it stop. Extreme behaviours are designed to force change which should stop the poisoning....be it by getting arrested or kicked out of a bar or knocking yourself out trippping on your own feet.

I hate to say this, but I agree with you.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I have a neighbour. Used to be in Territorial Army (or a "STABBY" - Stupid Territorial Army B******d).
After a few he was a Para. Few more and it was SBS. After a few more - SAS.

Me? I just talk bollox and then fall asleep these days.
edit on 25-1-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Have a great day!

Edited because seriousness of the situation was misunderstood by me.
edit on 25-1-2021 by Kreeate because: Edited because seriousness of the situation was misunderstood by me.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It always ends bad. You know what you need to do.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
reply to: one4all

I was mostly a social drinker for most of my life, and would never have more than one or two drinks. Last March, my best friend became out of work and killed himself on 4/19. Since then, I've been rushing through my work each day so I can start drinking as soon as possible. I'm hoping that I can get it under control when we all get back to normal.

I'd love to smoke some pot instead, but that would cost me my job. I have to wait until I retire to enjoy that.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kreeate
Thank you for causing me to laugh a little.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I hope to be able to get it under control in the future. Right now, I need to drink.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Have a great day!

I don't know if I believe you... I had a buddy that honked a big girl's horn one time when we were out of town. He told me never to let him do that again and told me to remind him about the last time. That time came and I told him three times but he only got more mad at me for it. I admire your information though, so I'll just sit back and watch the show next time you're drunk on here. ATS is good company for sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Sleep has not been coming easy to me lately. STABBY made me laugh.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I was just recounting a night in which my friend threw me through a window. I never really cared or held it against him. Had an hour long talk with him today. He doesn't even remember it. Good times... Also, try to get sober, my friend.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Kreeate
Thank you for causing me to laugh a little.

I edited my post because I misinterpreted your OP. For that, I apologize.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I have a neighbour. Used to be in Territorial Army (or a "STABBY" - Stupid Territorial Army B******d).
After a few he was a Para. Few more and it was SBS. After a few more - SAS.

Me? I just talk bollox and then fall asleep these days.

I drank enough for all of us from the time I hit 19 to the time I hit 29. Just the thought of alcohol makes me tired and sleepy now. I won't even drink at social gatherings anymore. Got invited to the Clemson/Notre Dame playoff game at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX a few years ago. Everybody in the suite was drinking except me, I was tearing down the Keurig coffee maker. I also got to enjoy the 4 hour drive home because everyone had fallen asleep.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

a reply to: ColeYounger
reply to: one4all

I was mostly a social drinker for most of my life, and would never have more than one or two drinks. Last March, my best friend became out of work and killed himself on 4/19. Since then, I've been rushing through my work each day so I can start drinking as soon as possible. I'm hoping that I can get it under control when we all get back to normal.

I'd love to smoke some pot instead, but that would cost me my job. I have to wait until I retire to enjoy that.

That's your business, my friend, and I'm not gonna tell you what to do, but the drinking is just a temporary numbness on your pain that you're not giving a chance to heal.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

However, I like the members of this community much more than is usual for me.

"Have you been drinking again?'

Most of us are a-hole's when drunk.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I worked with a kid, 18-19 years old, who started drinking pretty heavily after some issues with his girlfriend and family. He wasn't a bad guy or anything, but man when he was drinking there, the things he did were just #ed up, I honestly don't know how he didn't die. He'd stay out all night until just passed out wherever but he'd just look for people to fight. Like would take on groups of ten people at a time and #.

I remember a couple times he showed up to work and his hands and face would be all #ed up or he's barely be able to walk. He was a big guy though. Like at least 6'5" and a #ing monster. I've seen that guy pick up full on granite kitchen counters one handed and casually load them onto the truck. Apparently he never lost a fight.

He got pretty bad though, it took until he wrapped a van around telephone pole at midnight wasted out of his mind on a joy ride and ended up living in a halfway house before he finally stopped.
edit on 25/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I probably can be good entertainment when lashing out here.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Fortunately, I do all of my drinking at home and don't go driving. I've decided that I am going to try to make it until friday without a drink. Small steps.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join