It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Orders ICE to Release Illegal Immigrants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I suppose.

I've always favored a merit-based system like Australia has instead. If we want them to pay taxes, then why not bring in engineers, doctors, professionals instead of low wage workers who won't pay anything any way.

You should understand that the USA has quotas for skilled migration already, very similar to Australia.

The problem is, if you only bring in doctors and engineers and scientists, who is going to pick your peaches, wait your tables, and cut your grass?

In parallel to the skilled immigration system, Australia brings in thousands of low paid seasonal workers. They are documented and tracked and still get taken advantage of. And these folk are hard to come-by during these times of pandemic.

A large contingent is student/backpacker/working holiday types almost entirely from Europe. They are less likely to be mistreated because they are not indentured, speak the language, and are assertive enough that they don't get taken advantage of. Never the less a lot of them work in hospitality and are subject to sexual harassment, and I have direct knowledge of some who worked in the vineyards picking grapes and got ripped off by the grower.

Another large contingent are essentially indentured workers (otherwise known as short term slaves) from the Pacific Islands, especially Vanuatu. The Bossman holds their passport and their work permits, they can't just up and leave or find another position without his permission. These folks are lied to, stolen from, maintained in squalid conditions, and sent home owing more than they started with if they raise a peep of a complaint.

A third contingent is, of course, the massage parlor girl. Thousands come in as 'tourists' and overstay their visas and disappear, essentially being reduced to sexual slavery by parlor owners.

My point of all this is that maybe Australia is not the best model to demonstrate immigration policy.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Point taken.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: FamCore

Biden to offer legal status to 11 million immigrants

Calm down. Biden isn't offering "amnesty", he's offering controversial legislation that would provide a pathway to citizenship. It still needs to pass Congress and would allow some undocumented and DACA recipients to earn citizenship through pathways not currently available to them.

Question. If I can steal your property how long do I need to get away with it before we decide it's now mine?

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: rickymouse
If Biden orders their release and any of those released kill someone during a crime, then Biden should be charged with contributing to the death of the individual. This is not a presidential pardon, it is something way different, Biden is doing a release without even looking at the records of the people he is releasing. Some of those may be very bad people.

If those in congress do not stop him, they are aiding and abetting in the crime if he does a release like that and one of those people kills someone., especially those who vote not to stop him if it is brought to a vote to stop him.

Biden did not order their release. Some unnamed ICE official supposedly sent a memo ordering their release.

A memorandum is basically a formal way of communicating with staff, and usually contains information that is not for distribution to the public. Memos are not commands, orders, or mandates. I have never responded to a mandate or command sent by memo. Even the recommendations I receive on my State run job, comes with the official documentation and a signed documentation of the change in standard operating procedures, so I hope that the federal workers viewed it as an unofficial blowing off of steam and file thirteened it, as it deserved.

I do not know how stuff like that works, but plenty of articles stated Biden was going to have the immigrants released, but gave no information on when it will take effect, I would guess that the criminals in those centers facing deportation should be back in jail again facing charges, because if they were supposed to be deported and were locked up they were no threat anymore. I hope the police send transportation to haul the criminals back to their jails for any open crimes they have done...and I would bet there are probably at least a hundred being detained overall that it would apply to. Maybe those criminals will go back into Mexico if they know they are going to jail and sneak back across the border a week later.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

The US has seasonal visas for those jobs.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Their "pathway" should be to do a 180 and return legally without breaking the law.

Or I suppose, laws don't really matter in Biden's America.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman So if the DACA dreamers get citizenship, what will happen to their parents? I think they'll either get citizenship, too, or something like permanent residency status. There's no way the USA will deport the parents of freshly minted ciizens! So however many dreamers get citizenship, more than double that number will be living here permanently and legally. And I have no doubt that when those dreamer parents can no longer work due to old age or infirmity, they'll be supported by Social Security and Medicare. American taxpayers are the biggest suckers on the planet.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Into what state? Doesn’t that infringe on state rights?

a reply to: FamCore

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I didn't read the many articles that you speak of, but I did read this one.

I am not fond of Biden, but I hate deception and manipulation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join