It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi. I am a Black woman preparing to run for President in 2024 as a Republican and I need advice.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Marquesa888

Excited by your thread title.

Disappointed to see youre against America First.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have run for U.S. Congress 4 times as a Libertarian, for my state's Senate, and for city council. As a candidate you can have some of several goals. Do you want to win office? Or, do you want to get your ideas heard? Or, do you have a grudge against someone that you want to get aired?

If #1) you want to win. It depends completely on money and endorsements. Those two. You need lots of people with deep pockets who love you and want to see you in office so you can do their bidding. You need lots of signs and radio and TV spots. Many thousands of dollars or many millions depending on the office you seek. And, you need powerful interests like the teachers union, police union, firefighters union, on-and-on to publicly endorse you. It's MONEY and ENDORSEMENTS.

If #2) you want to spread ideas. This depends on you finesse in talking with the media. Getting into all the debates possible, all the inches of print you can get in the papers and relevant websites. Talk radio is a big deal. Local hosts are usually hard up for people to have on their shows. If you're a candidate, you can get on.

If #3) you have a vendetta. Forget it. Everyone will smell you out immediately.
edit on 25America/Chicago31America/ChicagoMon, 25 Jan 2021 22:26:30 -060010America/Chicago131 by Detergent because: clarity

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Stop this ridiculous attack on freedom of thought, speech, and imagination. It’s already seeping into our country’s art. Movies and music are falling to societal pressure, and sacrificing artistic license for political correctness.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

I don’t think you should run as a Republican though, the “old school “ and “rhino” Republicans were complicit with the dems and all the dark forces that stole the election and they are still there, especially in the senate, firmly entrenched and ready to take on all outsiders with their dirty tricks and backstabbing.

Yes why would anyone want to continue that in any way. It’s just that new parties have not been successful and the left/right Hegelians capitalize on that. Nevertheless, there’s 70 plus million disenfranchised voters mad as heck at the voter fraud and old Skool Repubs throwing us under the bus and joining the communist party leaders of the Democrats to destroy what’s left of our republic.
By the way, it’s RINO-Republican in name only.
GOP likely to implode. Congress will destroy the country and sell us out to Chicoms. Sounds like the new OP wants to help them out.

edit on 26-1-2021 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2021 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marquesa888
I apologize for being a newbie. I want to know what are the biggest concerns and ideology Republicans have that need to be addressed by a Republican contender in this era after Donald Trump. I was not a Trump supporter. I am seriously committing myself to this effort, and would love to gain a fresh perspective on where people think the Republican Party is headed. I need to shape my message and I would like some input. Thank you!

You already lost my vote by introducing yourself as black and female as if those things are important..

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Thank you!

Imagine if I started every sentence, "As a white man...".

If we'd like to get over racism, perhaps we should start with not defining ourselves by our skin color

a reply to: Ringsofsaturn777

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ringsofsaturn777

I apologize for being a newbie. I want to know what are the biggest concerns and ideology Republicans have that need to be addressed by a Republican contender in this era after Donald Trump. I was not a Trump supporter. I am seriously committing myself to this effort, and would love to gain a fresh perspective on where people think the Republican Party is headed. I need to shape my message and I would like some input. Thank you!

You already lost my vote by introducing yourself as black and female as if those things are important..

I disagree..... it's Important to know the experiences that any candidate has went through in their life. A Black female conservative will experience things you and I will never experience and having someone that understands race related issues as well as Conservative issues is relevant. Especially when we are being silenced and persecuted for our political beliefs. Hopefully she is a fighter and is willing to stand her ground on her principles.

She probably also wants to know how she will be recieved by Republicans in general.

My advice go to Prager U and listen to Candace Owens. I would vote tomorrow for Candace Owens for any office she would care to run for. A lot of Republicans would. She is a very smart person. I would definitely have voted for her over Biden.

My wish list

1. Term Limits
2. Election Integrity
3. Repeal and Replace section 230.
4. America First trade deals and American Workers first policies, strengthen American manufactuting
5. Border Security with Pro Legal Immigration
6. End foreign intervention while strengthening our military.
7. End the ability of Corporations to give unlimited amounts of money to politicians virtually silencing the American people.
8. Hold China Accountable for Covid 19, human rights abuses, and unfair trade practices.

My advice......is to avoid wedge issues as much as possible. Democrats use these issues to divide us. 60 percent of America supports the ideas listed above in some fashion.

The Democrats agenda is to divide us into groups. You might agree with this issues listed but if you belive all Republicans are racists or against gay rights then some people will never give you an ear.

I'm a libertarian conservative that believes in personal freedom and state rights. I don't want anybody making decisions for me. I want to follow my convictions.

I don't believe the government should be involved in marriage, gay rights, or abortion Those are issues that each person and each state should address. States only as a last resort.

edit on 26-1-2021 by BenjanonFranklin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Hi. I am a Black woman preparing to run for President in 2024 as a Republican and I need advice.

I would suggest not running or even focusing your platform around the color of your skin and sex and stick to issues.

Majority of people with an IQ above 20 don't care about skin color or sex , despite how much the MSM and the left tries to push it down our throat that it matters.
edit on 43131America/ChicagoTue, 26 Jan 2021 13:43:39 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BenjanonFranklin

I disagree..... it's Important to know the experiences that any candidate has went through in their life.

Skin color and gender are not experiences.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Dbl

edit on 26-1-2021 by Ringsofsaturn777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Good luck , we need more outsiders in politics

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   
....and poof she or he or....is gone.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
LOL...who comes to ATS to ask campaign advice?

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

interesting. Maybe we all got trolled. Maybe she was a spy, canvasing websites to root out radicals and cancel websites. In retrospect, the OP title was a bit 'bait-ish'. Pointing out her race in the OP was pretty much irrelevant today, despite what the left might have everyone think.

She lasted a whole day, just one. Odd.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Excited by your thread title.

Disappointed to see youre against America First.

I’m disappointed how far identity politics seems to play.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BenjanonFranklin

originally posted by: Ringsofsaturn777

I disagree..... it's Important to know the experiences that any candidate has went through in their life. A Black female conservative will experience things you and I will never experience and having someone that understands race related issues as well as Conservative issues is relevant. Especially when we are being silenced and persecuted for our political beliefs. Hopefully she is a fighter and is willing to stand her ground on her principles.

She probably also wants to know how she will be recieved by Republicans in general.

My advice go to Prager U and listen to Candace Owens. I would vote tomorrow for Candace Owens for any office she would care to run for. A lot of Republicans would. She is a very smart person. I would definitely have voted for her over Biden.

My wish list

1. Term Limits
2. Election Integrity
3. Repeal and Replace section 230.
4. America First trade deals and American Workers first policies, strengthen American manufactuting
5. Border Security with Pro Legal Immigration
6. End foreign intervention while strengthening our military.
7. End the ability of Corporations to give unlimited amounts of money to politicians virtually silencing the American people.
8. Hold China Accountable for Covid 19, human rights abuses, and unfair trade practices.

My advice......is to avoid wedge issues as much as possible. Democrats use these issues to divide us. 60 percent of America supports the ideas listed above in some fashion.

The Democrats agenda is to divide us into groups. You might agree with this issues listed but if you belive all Republicans are racists or against gay rights then some people will never give you an ear.

I'm a libertarian conservative that believes in personal freedom and state rights. I don't want anybody making decisions for me. I want to follow my convictions.

I don't believe the government should be involved in marriage, gay rights, or abortion Those are issues that each person and each state should address. States only as a last resort.

If that’s the first thing you want to know about a person that’s good on you, seems that you enjoy your bias and don’t want to see individuals defined by their experience and instead want to assume an experience upon them. The idea we cannot understand each other’s experiences because we are of different races is dehumanizing. Dang parrots.
edit on 27-1-2021 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I am not American so this thread doesn't really apply to me but i would say the best advice to give any aspiring politician at the moment is to simply be honest. Don't make promises you have either no ability or no intentions to keep.

People are fed up of evasiveness and passing the buck. If something can't be done, just say so - and why.

I honestly think the first politician to start acting like a grown up (and treating the public like grown ups) will smash the popularity stakes.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
....and poof she or he or....is gone.

Maybe she was hoping to be greeted by an angry mob of sexist white supremacists.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join