It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A climate of ignorance?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Please tell me this is fake, and unrepresentative news...

www.independent.co.uk...

Congresswoman Lauren Boebert introduces bill to block Biden rejoining Paris Agreement
‘I work for the people of Pueblo, not the people of Paris.' Rep Boebert tweeted. The climate agreement was so named because it was signed in the French capital - and not because it solely benefits the city’s residents

GOP Senator Ted Cruz was apparently similarly confused on Thursday when he railed against Mr Biden in a tweet, for being “more interested in the views of the citizens of Paris than in the jobs of the citizens of Pittsburgh”.

Geographic Illiteracy is a problem worldwide, but surely law makers in the US should check the CIA fact book out.

www.independent.co.uk...

Should all politicians be required by law to take a General Knowledge test prior to standing for office?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 04:00 AM
link   
What makes you think it was fake ?
And why should I tell you it was ?
This is the US.
We have our own system and have had for well over 200 years.
And those folks are correct .
They represent the people of their state , and not the people of Paris.
Stay away from foreign "opinion" pieces.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I hope its factual. If you think that money will go to the climate, you are either naive or just dumb.

Look at all the money being thrown at Africa over the years to feed the hungry.....betcha maybe 5 cents on the dollar got to hungry peeps.

Its another fraud to part people from their money, just like the EU.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
This is the US.

C'mon, bro, WT literal F. The article is saying that Cruz and Boebert are using the "represent our state, not Paris" argument against rejoining the Paris Agreement and the point of the article is that is a ridiculously stupid argument because it's only called the Paris Agreement is because that was the location the orginal damn agreement was made.

The article specifically pointed out how dumb that argument is and you come right up in here and use the same damn argument against the OP

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman

This is the US.

C'mon, bro, WT literal F. The article is saying that Cruz and Boebert are using the "represent our state, not Paris" argument against rejoining the Paris Agreement and the point of the article is that is a ridiculously stupid argument because it's only called the Paris Agreement is because that was the location the orginal damn agreement was made.

The article specifically pointed out how dumb that argument is and you come right up in here and use the same damn argument against the OP

Read my post again.
Over and over until it sinks in.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

A statement from Rep. Boebert’s office also claimed that the Paris Agreement “could destroy up to 2.7 million jobs in the United States by 2025 alone”.

Her lack of understanding kinda nullifies that response too don't you think.

The stupid runs deep although it has been evident for quite some time.

Boebert owns Shooters Grill, a restaurant in Rifle, Colorado, where staff members are encouraged to openly carry firearms. She ran as a Republican for Colorado's 3rd congressional district in 2020; Boebert defeated incumbent U.S. Representative Scott Tipton in the primary election and the Democratic nominee, former State Representative Diane Mitsch Bush, in the general election. Boebert has expressed support for QAnon, a far-right conspiracy theory,
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 04:32 AM
link   
How ironic your heading is.

A climate of ignorance?

Then you use an opinion in the propaganda rag the Independent to back up your woke, globalist ignorance.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 04:50 AM
link   
So, the PCA has been around for ahile and Russia hasnt signed it, China and India will INCREASE their emmissions and maybe, the EU will hit their goal.

"An analysis of current commitments to reduce emissions between 2020 and 2030 shows that almost 75
percent of the climate pledges are partially or totally insufficient to contribute to reducing GHG
emissions by 50 percent by 2030, and some of these pledges are unlikely to be achieved.
Of the 184 climate pledges, 36 were deemed sufficient (20 percent), 12 partially sufficient (6 percent),
8 partially insufficient (4 percent) and 128 insufficient (70 percent).

www.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 04:57 AM
link   

The article quotes Ted Cruz as saying Biden is

more interested in the views of the citizens of Paris than in the jobs of the citizens of Pittsburgh

Does this mean Cruz thinks Biden is only President of Pittsburgh?

It's funny how people are starting to pretend they don't understand English except in it's most literal interpretation, especially since they've seemingly known what others think for five years.

If the sentiment of what they're saying escapes you or the journalists, whether you agree with it or not, it says a great deal more about you than it does about them.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

A statement from Rep. Boebert’s office also claimed that the Paris Agreement “could destroy up to 2.7 million jobs in the United States by 2025 alone”.

Her lack of understanding kinda nullifies that response too don't you think.

The stupid runs deep although it has been evident for quite some time.

Boebert owns Shooters Grill, a restaurant in Rifle, Colorado, where staff members are encouraged to openly carry firearms. She ran as a Republican for Colorado's 3rd congressional district in 2020; Boebert defeated incumbent U.S. Representative Scott Tipton in the primary election and the Democratic nominee, former State Representative Diane Mitsch Bush, in the general election. Boebert has expressed support for QAnon, a far-right conspiracy theory,
en.wikipedia.org...

Wow .
Just dang.
Maybe you should rethink your idea of who doesn't understand.
George.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The UN has stated that over the last 4 years. The US has reduced emissions more than we would have under the Paris deal.

So why roll back our progress to join back to something we are doing better at alone?

Oh, wait. It is about redistribution of wealth, not for the climate.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

‘I work for the people of Pueblo, not the people of Paris,’ Rep Boebert tweeted

Perhaps I should but only to add you to the list , the Paris Agreement isn't about the people of Paris as the Congresswoman seems to think ,If she doesn't understand that then she obviously doesn't know what she is talking about in regard to the detail of the Paris Agreement...which is the point of this thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

The UN has stated that over the last 4 years. The US has reduced emissions more than we would have under the Paris deal.

Link ?

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Gothmog

‘I work for the people of Pueblo, not the people of Paris,’ Rep Boebert tweeted

Perhaps I should but only to add you to the list , the Paris Agreement isn't about the people of Paris as the Congresswoman seems to think ,If she doesn't understand that then she obviously doesn't know what she is talking about in regard to the detail of the Paris Agreement...which is the point of this thread.

I'm not the one who believes everything .
Especially foreign opinion pieces.
The key is to keep an open mind , but not so much that "stuff" leaks out.
I think that is called oratory diarrhea .
edit on 1/24/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

This is the US.

america is a mixture of all cultures and therefore naturally connected to other countries, not only economically. where was your computer actually built? and where do the really good cars come from? and what about oil? and the internet? we are all connected in a way. and climate change concerns us all, whether you believe in it or not.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Dang, that was easy. Although this represents Kyoto. Which begs the question...whats wrong with following Kyoto. Why the Paris BS on top?

www.statista.com...

a reply to: gortex

edit on 24-1-2021 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 06:03 AM
link   

This is the US.

Places in the USA also have climate.

These places both contribute and participate in the situation that is affecting the planet and that will worsen, making these electorates less liveable, and less profitable, in the long run.

One fairly major factor in climate change is the release of chloroflurocarbon and hydroflurocarbon refrigerant gasses into the atmosphere. These chemicals have no natural source and stay effective in the atmosphere, causing ozone depletion and greenhouse effects, for decades, if not centuries.

They are under patent primarily to companies owned and run from the United States, although they are used worldwide.

edit on 24/1/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   

In 1943 Britain and The US signed the " Quebec Agreement " in relation to the development of the nuclear bomb.

If this daft bat of a woman had been around at that time, she would have been convinced that the bomb was being built in Quebec.

And people like her are actually involved in politics. No wonder The US is in such a mess.

edit on 24-1-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Why the Paris BS on top?

Because the US never signed up to the Kyoto Protocol but were willing to sign up to the Paris Agreement , the Kyoto Protocol was succeeded by the Paris Agreement.
edit on 24-1-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

where was your computer actually built?

Make computer plural.
I own 5 in total.
Where were they built ?
Right here in my shop.

america is a mixture of all cultures and therefore naturally connected to other countries

America is , the US isn't.
So , buzz , incorrect answer.
At least learn something on the subject BEFORE you post .
Nope , no redos for you.
edit on 1/24/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join