It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pumpkins United - Helloween

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There were two really odd radio stations for the time here, around late '80's/early '90's. They only lasted a year each but they both were a great fount of hard rock and metal of the times.

They both helped this Vegas kid get hip to Helloween. I got to see them in Long Beach, CA in '89 but missed a song or two and as they were an opening act, they only had a little time, no pun intended.

As they have very little popularity in America I didn't get to see them again until 2018 when they reunited all the important ex-Pumpkins and decided they would do one of those six USA dates and only seven in North America, Montreal included. By the God's did they ever deliver. Nearly three hours uninterrupted of pure power metal. Old school metal, for sure but damn they are melodic and that's what I need in my music.

Something to sing along with.

I'm going to link the full Wacken show which is basically the same I saw but the reason is I finally picked up the Pumpkins United dvd and it's part of the Wacken show but interspersed with Sao Paolo and Madrid shows. It's a delight to see the three Flying-V attack. It's a great setlist. ARE YOU METAL?

Might be a fan or two on ATS. Maybe not. I just want to be a fan boi and kick some old school metal ass instead of all the crap that seems to be hip these days.

It so starts out cool with one of their epic tunes and ends, before the encore, with another epic.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Helloween - March Of Time.

Thanks so much for the thread - I love Helloween!

Helloween - Hell Was Made In Heaven:

edit on 23-1-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Reminds me a bit of Queensryche.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Well, my memory is messed up. I saw Halloween and my memory piped up and said a Seventh Son of a Seventh son. Thats so not Queensryche. Am I old?

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Helloween - Guardians (1985):

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I recall even in 1990 there was still this debate: is US metal different to Euro metal?

The argument of the time being US metal is more influenced by the blues, whereas Euro metal is more influenced by classical music and church organs.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You got it dude. They didn't play March Of Time here but they did play it somewhere and that's one of the bonus tracks on the dvd.

a reply to: Night Star

QR was a bit like this but they were, to a point made later, American prog metal and actually a lot different.

a reply to: Bigburgh

Seventh Son is neither QR nor Helloween, it's Maiden. There's a thread for them I just put up.

originally posted by: halfoldman
I recall even in 1990 there was still this debate: is US metal different to Euro metal?

The argument of the time being US metal is more influenced by the blues, whereas Euro metal is more influenced by classical music and church organs.

This goes to the QR point I made to Night Star. Similar instruments, the lineups are the same with the twin guitar attack, but the classical is way more of an influence for those across the pond than it usually is here in the States. They learned a lot from Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow in the Dio years, to be sure.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
A concert is an event. A band is a bunch of hamsters, cycling through that wheel. A great look at fandom and how we view those that do what they do.

Tonight we go to see the heavy metal hamsters.

edit on 1/27/2021 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Tried to listen to Chameleon. Just can't stomach it. Great band, completely lousy album. It all worked out well when they united the pumpkins a few years ago but back then that album really sucked. Now, Pink Bubbles Go Ape is a great album with lousy production but they lost the mark with Chameleon. They were imploding at the time, I get it.

Don't listen to it. Listen to the rest, and that's 30+ years of music. They still kick some ass.

new topics

top topics

join