It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Iron Men!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm sure this has been covered already, but here's one of gravity industries latest vids of the iron man suit, I find this stuff so exciting 😁

Only a short vid, enjoy!

youtu.be...

Gravity industries:

gravity.co...

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
I'm sure this has been covered already, but here's one of gravity industries latest vids of the iron man suit, I find this stuff so exciting 😁

Only a short vid, enjoy!

youtu.be...

Gravity industries:

gravity.co...

Nice we’re looking at it. Too bulky and limited at the moment for much, but it’s a jet in the right direction.

edit on 23-1-2021 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake
I have been keeping an eye on Gravity Industries for a while now,they seem to be breaking through the barriers to make their tech commercially viable.
The same company has also been testing their jet pack for sending paramedics up mountains to rescue injured people-

I can see this tech being useful in many practical ways,but I think they need to make it into an extreme sport-Imagine say Tokyo/New York being set up as a kind of race track with illuminated rings hanging from buildings for jet pac racers to fly through.

That could be a way for the company to raise serious money and thus be able to hone and develop their ideas.

One thing I wonder about is how much of a toll does it take on your arms during flight-I am guessing you are using a heck of a lot of arm/shoulder muscles to keep the jets orientated correctly.
You would not want to run out of muscle power mid flight!

I would love to own one of their jet packs and have enough money to tour some of the coolest places on earth-Imagine flying around above the grand canyon,the pyramids,or the himalayas.
That would be awesome

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I remember when these guys were starting out.

Those turbines they're using now might be different, but back then they were repurposed from high end RC toys.
Incredible thrust! But the engines were somewhere in the $50k each range too, and when being used for human flight would likely have short life spans due to safety concerns.

When I was looking at them, all of the thrust was from arm and leg turbines, meaning an incredible amount of body muscle would be used for control.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is a three man team. youtu.be...

I would love to try one of those, but I expect it’s a young mans game.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

Only a short vid, enjoy!

youtu.be...

Gravity industries:

gravity.co...

Great!
But?
I can shoot a marine approaching with hand rockets. Then the marine needs to take off the rockets while I can shoot...

Ok back to the drawing board. πŸ˜”

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   

i know branches of the us military use a thing that is attached to the persons back with 2 of these little powerplants for long range insertions

think of it like a powered wing suit
edit on 25-1-2021 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

i know branches of the us military use a thing that is attached to the persons back with 2 of these little powerplants for long range insertions

think of it like a powered wing suit

Here you go

youtu.be...
edit on 25-1-2021 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join