It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden to send troops back to Iraq

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Didnt the Iraq Parliament tell us to get lost?

shouldn't we respect the wish of a sovereign government?

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: yuppa

Why should the U S be under a moral obligation

Because you made the mess.

Then you should hold those that made the mess responsible.....start with Biden.....he was VP for 8 years under the biggest mess maker ever.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: yuppa

Why should the U S be under a moral obligation

Because you made the mess.

No I didnt. They told bush to just go in smash saddams butt and leave. We should NEVER try to nation build a country.
Historically nations you go to war with ,you do NOT rebuild them. Its a PUNISHMENT to leave it smashed.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
We should send Biden to Iraq so he can lead them out of their whatever.

There’s a thought.

Mass conscription for warmongers and their families for the wars they start. I’m sure they will have no objection! After all, this is what they wanted. They shall of course be assigned to frontline combat units.

Those too weak, old and generally inferior for combat service shall be assigned other vital roles such as mine clearance, decoy & deception and volatile weapon handling.

Wonder how many will be in favour or new wars then?
edit on 2212021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
“It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. War is hell.”
-W.T. Sherman

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
“It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. War is hell.”
-W.T. Sherman

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That's both hilarious and sad at the same time!

Not really sure what to say, or what I'm allowed to say, after that!

I fear for the children of America.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

What level or the number of troops do you expect the Biden admin will deploy to Iraq? Do you expect 10,000 troops deployed as a stabilisation force? Do you think Biden will attempt to reverse Trump's policy of abandoning the Kurds to their fate?

I am curious as to what you and other people are thinking about these matters.

edit on 22-1-2021 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I wonder if there's any proof troops were removed to begin with?

It was one of the few good things Trump did.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Neolibs are neocons. They just want war and to focus on wedge issues. Lazy thinkers.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 01:40 AM
link   
So far

EVERY move of this illegitimate president has been a failure

Worse than President Trump (in the eyes of EVERY leftist on ATS): check!

And it’s what, day three?

Keep going job-killer Joe, you racist loser. At this rate an ‘insurrection’ will be a certainty

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The 'mess' is a society that was dysfunctional long before the wars of the late 20th century. The old wars didn't fix them and new wars won't either.

If the non-Americans here feel there is some obligation, let THEM suit up in uniforms and head for Iraq. Screw that.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: djz3ro
Didn't take long for Biden to take a dip in my estimations. I didn't really have much of an opinion of him but this is a bad move.

Shame!

Lol
Trump stopped all that crap
You people HATED him for it.
Enjoy your return to the forever war.
You deserve it.

No I hated Trump for trying to bully a member of my family.

Trump did send Troops over too you know?

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I would encourage all military personnel to refuse to participate in any more of these wars which have no benefit to the US...

Billions upon billions of dollars are unaccounted for that are supposed to fund these useless wars...The war mongers are getting filthy rich off the backs of our men and women in uniform who go to these hellholes and die...

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I wonder if there's any proof troops were removed to begin with?

Some were removed but over 2,500 remain awaiting redeployment.

The global war on terrorism is hitting a drawdown milestone on Jan. 15, when U.S. troop levels hit 2,500 each in Iraq and Afghanistan, after nearly two decades of war in both countries.

Though it did not set another milestone for Iraq, the Trump administration has said it hopes to have all troops out of Afghanistan by May. That will ultimately be up to President-elect Joe Biden, who on the 2020 campaign trail pledged to “end the forever wars in Afghanistan and the Middle East.”
www.militarytimes.com...

Time will tell on the rest but until the country is stablised complete draw down is an admission of defeat and will likely cause problems down the line.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Iraq? How about Syria too... saw that last night somewhere. The DS failed in getting Trump to start a new war with Syria.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Not wasting any time it seems.

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Well Joe is really good with a bitch slap.

Based on Trumps agenda and Iraq itself, how can anyone explain Biden's move to send troops to Iraq. Did he ask Iraqs permission? Did he ask congress permission? Biden is obviously in the New World Order Club along with Obama and the Democrats. Same for all those cheerleaders on CNN

Remembers this JANUARY 2020?

Iraq has voted to expel US troops. Whether they'll actually be kicked out is far from clear

Baghdad, Iraq (CNN)When Iraq's parliament voted to expel American troops from the country Sunday, it was an apparent bid by the government to extract the country from an escalating US-Iran proxy war. Fears of Iraq once again turning into a battleground are widespread. Tensions in the Middle East have risen dramatically in the aftermath of the US-targeted killing of Iran's most powerful military general, Qasem Soleimani, and Iraqi Shia paramilitary leader Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis. Baghdad acted quickly. Caretaker Prime Minister Adil Abdul Mahdi held an emergency session in parliament to vote on whether the government should continue allowing the US military and other foreign troops to remain in the country. The resolution was passed overwhelmingly by Shia lawmakers (most members of Iraq's other factions sat out the vote), dealing potentially yet another blow to President Donald Trump's Middle East strategy. "Iraqi priorities and the US are increasingly at odds," Abdul Mahdi said during his address to parliament.

edit on 24-1-2021 by Waterglass because: added

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join