It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Rep. introduces bill to create Bigfoot 'hunting season'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

There’s hunting season, and then there’s Bigfoot hunting season.

An Oklahoma lawmaker has pitched a bill to create a bona fide Bigfoot hunting season in the Sooner State.

On Wednesday, Rep. Justin Humphrey (R) introduced House Bill 1648, urging the Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Commission (OWCC) to establish a "big foot hunting season.".

Now there is no way this could end badly. People running around the woods with rifles, looking for a bi-pedal elusive figure, all while being bi-pedal and elusive.

Perhaps it's just me, but shouldn't step 1 be, prove to me that Bigfoot is real, then step 2. be hunt him down and kill him. Obviously that's the correct way to deal with an unknown entity that doesn't shower often and likely doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yeah, its a dumb idea.

Even if a BF is found and shot ... and then turns out to be some relative of modern humans ... is that premeditated murder?

Cheers

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Does this require a hunting license?

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Now as Paul Harvey used to say here is the rest of the story...

www.joplinglobe.com...

State Rep. Justin Humphrey, R-Lane, filed House Bill 1648 that would direct the Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Division to establish an annual season requiring licenses and fees — specifying he doesn't want the fabled hominid killed.

“A lot of people don’t believe in Bigfoot, but a lot of people do,” Humphrey said.

Humphrey said in a statement Thursday that he will work with state agencies on the bill’s final language to specify the trapping of Bigfoot along with a $25,000 bounty for the first person to capture the creature.

His district consists of parts of Atoka, Bryan, Choctaw and Pushmataha Counties in southeast Oklahoma, which he said rely on tourism dollars. He said the bill has the potential to increase tourism and the resulting dollars could boost local economies.

Honobia, located 72 miles southeast of McAlester in Pushmataha County, has an annual Bigfoot festival the first weekend in October. Humphrey said the trapping season should pair with the festival.

The festival helps raise money for the Honobia Bigfoot Scholarship awarded by the Honobia Bigfoot Organization to high school seniors in the Pushmataha County area. According to the festival's website, $40,425 was given to 71 students between 2014 and 2019.

Last year's festival was cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns, but the festival's website says the event will return later this year.

Humphrey said the main goal of the bill is to promote Oklahoma's outdoor activities and tourism.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

ever heard the term "wet blanket"?
You could have waited until page 2.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

ever heard the term "wet blanket"?
You could have waited until page 2.

LOL I'm sorry man, didn't realize, wet blanket, stick in the mud LOL very familiar...

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Remember the line in the movie jaws when quint is excited about the size of the shark?

"The taxi-dermist is going to have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him....hahahaha"

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I think every State has its tourist draw that leans towards the quirky. From Coral Castle, to balls of yarn, and of course we can't leave out the Little A'le'Inn.

If it works, it may be a clever way to bring in some extra revenue. I would think, maybe the hunting license would require that firearms be left back at camp, since it appears to be more for entertainment and bragging rights. A drunk with a firearm can ruin all the fun.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

There’s hunting season, and then there’s Bigfoot hunting season.

An Oklahoma lawmaker has pitched a bill to create a bona fide Bigfoot hunting season in the Sooner State.

On Wednesday, Rep. Justin Humphrey (R) introduced House Bill 1648, urging the Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Commission (OWCC) to establish a "big foot hunting season.".

Now there is no way this could end badly. People running around the woods with rifles, looking for a bi-pedal elusive figure, all while being bi-pedal and elusive.

Perhaps it's just me, but shouldn't step 1 be, prove to me that Bigfoot is real, then step 2. be hunt him down and kill him. Obviously that's the correct way to deal with an unknown entity that doesn't shower often and likely doesn't exist.

Really Wacky Baccy stuff...and from a 'lawmaker'! That's worrying, Witches will be next.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
What about witches?

As long as they aren't allowed to kill bigfoot, I don't see a problem. Yeah, it's about tourism.
If we haven't caught one by now....

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Bigfoot is gonna be pissed!

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Thank God and Baphomet they haven't passed a similar law in Oregon, I'd be fearing for DB's life daily since he's easily mistaken for a Squatch.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What's next?...Dynamite fishing for Nessie?

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
What's next?...Dynamite fishing for Nessie?

I'd prefer noodling for Nessie.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Thank God and Baphomet they haven't passed a similar law in Oregon, I'd be fearing for DB's life daily since he's easily mistaken for a Squatch.

This is really gonna put a crimp in DB's truffle-hunting forays into the Oregon backwoods.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Wanna split the bounty?

But seriously, is this the most important thing elected officials can be doing?

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Wanna split the bounty?

Which one?
The one in Oklahoma...or the one in Vegas?

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Yeah, THIS is what they should be doing with their time.

*SNIP* Instead of working to address real issues, THIS is what they do?

People! There is no two-party system. Behind the scenes, they are on the same team and that team IS NOT WORKING FOR US. This is how stupid they think we are- they propose bills to hunt Bigfoot.

And you know what? We are that dumb. A good portion of the country has let themselves become this stupid. If you are a person who believes a single word the MSM says, then you are one of these stupid people. YOU are the reason these assholes think they can propose bills to hunt Bigfoot.

edit on 1/23/2021 by Blaine91555 because: censor circumvention

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Whadda yah mean, 'mistaken'

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Thank you, Kansas.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join