It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter suspends the account of Venezuela's new National Assembly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Twitter, what have they got against free and fair elections? It seems twitter has suspended the accounts of the entire legitmately elected national assembly of Venezuala while verifying and backing up America's puppet dictator Guido.

mobile.twitter.com...

Now, anyone that wants to start babbling the private company argument should first really address the billions of dollars in subsidies these tech companies receive from the federal government as well as the billions in tax breaks they receive every year.

Twitter has clearly aligned itself with the interests of the American Military industrial complex and is working to silence any and all dissent to their plans.
edit on 21/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I always look at stalinist regimes and wonder how such totalitarianism could come to be. But here it is, before our eyes. If we let this go on it will quickly become a global totalitarian regime.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You are defending Venezuela?

Commie.

LOL.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge

Commie.

LOL.

No. he's fighting censorship

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Commie.

LOL.

No. he's fighting censorship

ohh...s'ok, Venzuela is known for free speech. Lots to defend.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I think you're dead on and the media of last two years absolutely failed in reporting two sides on the Venezuela story. Now, tech companies are getting involved in the control and sphere of influence by American agenda.

They're getting brazen in their willingness to silence groups.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Yes i am defending venezuala and their right to choose their own government. I've never been one to support US backed coups in other countries.
edit on 21/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Yes i am defending venezuala and their right to choose their own government. I've never been one to support US backed coups in other countries.

Great they should be able to choose their own gov't. I've seen no prrof of US backed coups there though.

Do you support US backed coups in our own country? Because that I have seen.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Commie.

LOL.

Venezuela is complicated and America (and other countries) have a deep interest in influencing Venezuela. The complete story of Venezuela was not shown by media and now twitter is helping to supresss one side.

The concept to keep in mind, is that America has a history of trying to install influence over Venezuela.

It's all fine to not like the type of government Venezuela has, but it's not good if American media is manipulating the story and American tech companies are silencing.
Freedom of speech is important everywhere.
m.youtube.com...

This is an older video by Abbey Martin who debunks John Oliver (last week tonight) regarding Venezuela. Probably not john's intention to manipulate either. Just going off of America's big media outlets.

edit on 21-1-2021 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Venequela is complicated. I appreciate your level-headed response.

And oddly, I can view that YouTube video...it's restricted in America.

Not America, age, sorry...watching.
edit on 1212021 by Gnawledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

www.wsj.com...

‘Freedom Fighters’ Led by American Tried Invading Venezuela

This isn't the first time. Just duckduckgo American coup Venezuela.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I'm guessing you didn't watch too much of the Venezualen election then.

www.mintpressnews.com...

Wasn't that great of a coup. There was half a million people there and they couldn't hold the capitol building for more than a half hour?

That's the thing about that whole thing, if those people really wanted to attempt a coup, they would have shown up with guns and weapons and they wouldn't have left.

Kinda hard to overthrow a government if you just leave. You kinda have to stay and take over.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I'm guessing you didn't watch too much of the Venezualen election then.

www.mintpressnews.com...

Wasn't that great of a coup. There was half a million people there and they couldn't hold the capitol building for more than a half hour?

That's the thing about that whole thing, if those people really wanted to attempt a coup, they would have shown up with guns and weapons and they wouldn't have left.

Kinda hard to overthrow a government if you just leave. You kinda have to stay and take over.

Agreed. There was a whole lot of stupid on show on January 6.

Best not to compare our country to Venezuela. IMO.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Great they should be able to choose their own gov't. I've seen no prrof of US backed coups there though.

What do you think Democrats have been trying to do for the past four years and finally pulled it off?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You're the only person bringing up america and the capitol riots in a thread on venezuala. Maybe you should try staying on topic instead of derailing threads with bull# as you seem to have a habit of?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You're not supposed to gather information and come to a decision yourself.

You're supposed to have decisions and opinions given to you by the state-run media and state-run social media.

Amen & Awomen.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Maduro's government is illegitimate. The election of 2018 was totally illegal (look to what just happened in this country for a road map explaining why.) Maduro also illegally amended Venezuela's constitution to remove term limits (so he could make himself president-for-life), and when Venezuela's legislature declared him illegitimate, he created his own extra-legal legislature to rubber-stamp his policies.

It's total banana-republic-level antics. Only a few countries like China, Russia, Iran, and Cuba recognize Maduro as president. Pretty much every other country considers Guaido to be the legitimate acting president.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Whaaaa? But here they were a week ago crying and whining about Uganda shutting off the interwebs before their election and how that’s not fair.....

Hmmmm. A Quandary indeed

edit on 21-1-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Why the hell does Twitter think they have moral authority over anyone?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Reverse uno I just banned twitter from my eyeballs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join