It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Powered By Salt Water?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Can anyone use them? The answer is yes. There has to be some sort of protections against scumy people who would take advantage of it in a negative way.

Also your original claim was he would:

He will be more interested in gaining and the maintaining profit and control over both technologies i suppose.

Which, as I said, is wrong.
edit on 21-1-2021 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

You need to learn to read between the lines FauxMulder.

The answer is people can only use Tesla's technologies in the manner stipulated by the patent office.

And that manner is nether completely free nor "open".

So i think you may find on this occasion its you that's wrong.

You start using patented Tesla technologies they are going to want a slice of your pie one way or another.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The fact remains anyone can use Tesla technology without being sued by them. This is great for small companies just starting out.

-Don't try to sell a knock of product
-Don't try to sue Tesla
-Don't try to help others to sue Tesla

Pretty simple.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Big industry for container truckers shipping in seawater to gas stations.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Big industry for container truckers shipping in seawater to gas stations.

The vehicle isn't powered by seawater.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Im not sure how viable this is but im sure you guys will work it out.
There's a 2016 article which points out a red flag that's not even related to the "saltwater" power, which is not really "saltwater", it's related to sending high current through small wires at low voltage when the laws of physics say you need thicker wires for that:

Review: the nanoFlowcell-powered Quantino prototype

Low voltage is usually used for low-speed stuff like golf karts and mobility scooters, but because the nanoFlowcell system produces high current at low-rated voltage, la Vecchia says he can get away with much smaller wires without the resultant losses and heat build-up.

Confused, I rang Top Gear’s Big-Brain-In-Chief Chief Paul Horrell, who checked his equations and replied with the extremely valid point that a combination of high current and thin wires with no resultant heat build-up defies the laws of physics. Presented with this, uh, overwhelming evidence, la Vecchia smiled and said his patents will reveal a breakthrough in due course.
I'm not skeptical of the idea of extracting energy from ion solutions in general, but that claim about small wires not getting hot when you put lots of current through them doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyway they don't and won't make cars so you can't buy one.

The 2016 article says in 2017 they hope to partner with a car maker to adopt their technology. I've worked at an automotive parts maker that makes electrical components, and have worked with some of the engineers at car makers like Ford and General Motors who are no dummies and they also know small wires get hot if you put too much current through them, so if they are trying to scam the car makers I don't think their engineers are dumb enough to fall for a claim like that. It would take a pretty amazing test to convince people they have re-written the laws of physics for how electricity generates heat as it flows through wires.

As for the claim about getting power from metallic salts in solution, yes it can be done, but the power densities claimed by this company seem unrealistic:

The Supercar That Runs Using 'Saltwater' Is Likely Bull#

I'm extremely skeptical that the e-Sportlimousine is what it's supposed to be. Not because it runs on sea water — it doesn't, and nanoFLOWCELL hasn't claimed that it does. They've only talked about "metallic salts in an aqueous solution", not table salt dissolved in water. I'm skeptical because of how much better they claim their flow batteries are than the current state of the art. Their press release says that their flow battery has five times the energy density of even Tesla's Lithium-ion batteries. That's an extraordinary claim, and those batteries would revolutionize the portable battery industry. But there's been no proof.
Yes you can get energy from "metallic salts in an aqueous solution", but so far, I've seen no proof you can get as much as they claim, which is an extraordinarily high amount.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I didn't notice it was metallic salts. That's dumb. They need to figure one out with seawater.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Just noticed. that's dumb. a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

It also sounds like it's a scam.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

After your post I noticed the OP article is from 2019. So I dug around to see if there was anything from 2020. All it looks like is the company has released "data sheets". No real idea what technology there is.

2020 Article About Company

There is a video of test driving though

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

So there way or the highway.

Pretty simple indeed.

That's not free nor open but conditional you see.

They set the bar and you follow, the ball will always be in there court by design because they own the patents no matter how they care to spin it.
edit on 21-1-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Keep moving those goal posts.

You: He's interested in gaining and then maintaining profit and control over both technologies

Me: Wrong. Anyone can use his technology

You: YeA bUt YoU cAnt SuE hiM oR SElL KnOck OfF TeSLa prODuCtS!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Something go wrong with your keyboard on that last line? LoL

You make or turn a profit, or incorporate there technology in to your own designs, without paying the piper and you will find yourself being sued.

Nothing free nor open about that, just another means of control.

There are no goal posts and the playing field does not belong to you nether.

On that note, if you wish to test the premise of the argument be my guest.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You make or turn a profit, or incorporate there technology in to your own designs, without paying the piper and you will find being sued.

Wrong.

Tesla irrevocably pledges that it will not initiate a lawsuit against any party for infringing a Tesla Patent through activity relating to electric vehicles or related equipment for so long as such party is acting in good faith. Key terms of the Pledge are explained below.

TESLA

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

You like that word or so it seems.

Try it and see if im so wrong.

Tell it to there lawyers and eventual bailiffs when they take you business and home as recompense.

People dont give you something for nothing in this world not even the likes of Elon Musk.

Is that a wee bit hero worship one detects there regarding Musk and his ilk?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

There's an urban legend i suppose it would be, i've heard indepentently from several different people now about a mechanic in Chilliwack BC who found a way to make his car run on water. Apparently, he got a visit from GM or something like that and his car vanished and he closed down his garage. This would have been back in the 90's sometime. Whether it's true or not, who knows?
edit on 21/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
So, you want to fly off a bridge, in a windstorm?

I'd want something a little heavier than a Yugo!

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It seems some people project the worst human qualities on everyone else. Irrational haters gonna hate.

-shrug

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

We are an apex predator FauxMulder.

And there is a reason it's called the Human race.

As to the rationality of it all.

Im not the one that expects something for nothing.

That's about as irrational as one can get in this verse.

There is always a cost to be had, and ownership, even of ideas, is nine-tenths of the law.

Nothing to do with hatred FauxMulde but the game will always be the game.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

The idea was that water is converted into hydrogen and oxygen, the argument against that is takes more energy in this conversion process than what you get out in usable hydrogen. Even if there was a way to do this efficiently it would bankrupt the worlds economy if everyone started running things from water, so yeah it would be hushed up.

Funny thing is I was reading recently about how northern Sweden is going all green by opening up the worlds first hydrogen powered steal plant. Which got me thinking if it takes more energy to extract hydrogen in the first place how can it possibly be more green? Sure it doesn’t give off carbon when burning, but the process used to extract it in the first place sure does... all I can say is there’s some funny business going on somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join