It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Powered By Salt Water?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Im not sure how viable this is but im sure you guys will work it out.

German company Nanoflow Cell unveiled a sleek looking fully electric Quant 48Volt at the Geneva Motor Show this year with the goal of the company bringing the first production car in the world to be powered by saltwater. The Quant 48Volt has two tanks of liquid with dissolved metallic salt which gives them opposite charges. The liquid is separated by a membrane where positively charged ions lose an electron generating electricity.

One fill up of the tanks are good for 621 miles (1,000 km) which astonishingly is greater distance our gasoline vehicles can take us. However, to fill up the tank which has the 3x capacity of large SUV will take quite a bit of time but certainly not hours.

The salt water powered vehicle generates >560kW (760HP) and goes 0-60mph in 2.4 seconds.

This Car Is Powered By Salt Water: 760HP, Top Speed 186 MPH, 621 Miles/Tank.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

edit on 21-1-2021 by boredsilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

I remember being told in the 90's that one of the big Oil companies had developed a Salt Water powered car but kept all the data secret so they could keep oil going.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Pretty awesome. But the real question is at the bottom of the article

The question is will this technology be adopted by a major car manufacturer so we can have electrolyte liquid filling stations.

I suppose it's possible. The amount of charging stations for EV's I see popping up is continually growing.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Why does a salt water car need a

The question is will this technology be adopted by a major car manufacturer so we can have electrolyte liquid filling stations.

www.scifront.com... YzjZUxriZoGsepymc

link   

If it’s metallic salts it won’t be salt water as in sea water then. I’ll check the article and see if this can really rival the other developments in electric batteries.

link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Oh. You posted it first....

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: boredsilly
I'm sure that wouldn't rust the engine ...

What engine? It produces electricity that drives electric motors. There is no engine.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Here we go

The Quant 48Volt runs on environmentally friendly ‘bio-ION’ which is electrolyte liquids. It has been said by the company that it is “non-toxic” and “non-flammable”. Also one of the best news is that the ‘bi-ION’ will only cost .10 cents per liter or about .38 cents a gallon. The question is will this technology be adopted by a major car manufacturer so we can have electrolyte liquid filling stations.

I wonder what metals make up the electrolyte liquids? If it’s environmentally friendly and costs 38 cents a gallon as claimed, surely it’s a great thing? Sounds to good to be true almost..

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It's a fascinating concept, but there are some good, legit questions that need answering in the comments.

If I'm deducing the clues in the article correctly, seems to me like it runs on a proprietary fuel called "bi-ION." So unless the formula for the fuel is opened to the market, this company would control the tech for both the powertrain and the fuel. They could charge whatever they want.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Did you notice this part?

"However, to fill up the tank which has the 3x capacity of large SUV will take quite a bit of time but certainly not hours."

It can go father than most gas cars, my truck can do over 500 miles on a tank, but it carries 3x the fuel capacity.. Hmmm

I also question the safety of this design. Some metallic salts are fricken dangerous.
Some are used in hair dye.

I'm going on record as saying this is just a pipedream.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
From 2017:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I don't see a price listed.
Make one that looks like a Yugo, priced like a Yugo... hell it can even handle and drive like a Yugo, at 38 cents a gallon.... I'll buy one.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

"The question is will this technology be adopted by a major car manufacturer so we can have electrolyte liquid filling stations."

Probably not if it does what it says on the tin for obvious reasons.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"The question is will this technology be adopted by a major car manufacturer so we can have electrolyte liquid filling stations."

Probably not if it does what it says on the tin for obvious reasons.

Surely car manufactures just want to sell cars, look how many are doing EV's now and we always said that would never happen.
edit on 21-1-2021 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Surely oil and gas suppliers want to keep on selling there products also.

They will simply buy the fecking patents and shelf the technologies given half the chance.

Even the likes of Elon Musk would not wish to see this technology come to fruition because who the hell needs his battery electric cars when we can have ones that run on modified salt water?

Im all for the technology PhoenixOD if it works but TPTB might not see things the same way.
edit on 21-1-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The question is if Elon is more invested in Ev's or battery technology?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

If he's like any of the rest of his ilk.

In the long run.

He will be more interested in gaining and then maintaining profit and control over both technologies i suppose.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If he's like any of the rest of his ilk.

In the long run.

He will be more interested in gaining and the maintaining profit and control over both technologies i suppose.

Wrong. He has made all of Tesla's patents open from the beginning.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Essentially Tesla's patents are only free to use if you do not enforce any right against Tesla.

You do not enforce any patent right against another party.

Or you do not oppose Tesla's patents or copy Tesla's designs.

Kind of a strange interpretation of "open" imho.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join