It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment done at light speed. Stimulus... meh, we may get around to it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   
With control of the White House, the House of Reps, and a tie in the Senate, Democrats can now push priority legislation through hard and fast.

Priority being the key modifier for that. From cnet:

According to a Jan. 19 newsletter from Punchbowl News, "House Democrats now tell us they are aiming to pass Joe Biden's massive Covid relief package by late February or early March, according to multiple sources involved in the effort."

Of course, like the impeachment, they already have the language. Should be easy as pie, right?

The House passed the CASH Act on Dec. 28, 2020, a bill that would have amended the Dec. 2020 stimulus package signed by former President Donald Trump to bump the $600 upper limit of the second stimulus check to $2,000 instead -- by replacing "$600"

They already passed their pork bill, so what are the chances they reward the citizens for giving them full control with this stand-alone stimulus? How important is it to them? We know Mitch didn't care, but the roadblocks are gone. Full control, the ability to move on the important policies at record speed, now is in the Democrat's mighty grasp. Do they seize the opportunity?

Who thinks that the Senate is busier working on the votes to impeach a former President than they are on direct payments to citizens?

It's time for everybody to change from their home team jerseys to their visitor team jerseys and vice versa. Who will we cheer and boo now? Does the President get to own the continued failures of Congress still or can we blame Chuck and Nancy now? Is Mitch still to blame for stonewalling the first attempt? Will Chuck and Nancy finally kiss on the lips? Will Mitch retract into his shell or will he fight the good fight to stop us from getting our filthy peasant hands on his money? Did Joe's hand on the bible cure COVID thus eliminating the urgent need for stimulus?

Such an exciting few months coming up.
edit on 1/21/21 by Ksihkehe because: Fixed title

edit on 1/21/21 by Ksihkehe because: Fixed title AGAIN, apostrophe no workie

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Free college, more relief, all well in and good if we werent already close to the Brink.

Basic principle of supply and demand play out every day, I think the dollar is at serious risk. If someone tried to sell you rocks...dude I got a supply in my own back yard.

Janet Yellen looks to be your typical spend and tax liberal if that is what you are looking for.

Not sure Trump would make much difference here(he likes to spend as well), but the spending we are about to see from Beijing Biden is going to be crazy.

Not enough economic hawks on either side. We decided to elect children instead, 1 day impeachment...

edit on 21-1-2021 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:57 AM
link   
They know they no longer need to keep "their constituents" happy. The lie of needing votes was laid bare this past selection.

They will do what they need to solidify and hold power first, kind of like historical communist purges.

Us plebs just need to be kept happy enough to continue fighting amongst ourselves, we must not be allowed to consolidate our anger toward our true enemy.

Look at that take over yesterday, in what world is that a 'normal' inauguration??

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Your source:

but a new report suggests that a standalone bill including just a third stimulus check and funding for COVID-19 vaccine distribution could make it to a vote in the House of Representatives as early as next week,

You know the House passed a stimulus bill many months ago? McConnell sat on it. He sat on a lot of stuff.

Things are different now. We'll see what happens but it will still take 10 Senate Republicans and 50 Democrats (or any other combination to get to 60) to turn a bill into law.
edit on 1/21/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Military is in control.......... and I don’t care about the 17 letter.

Too many coincidences for it to not be so........

Don’t bite the hand that feeds Joe.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Military is in control

Let it go.
The "plan" was a sham from the beginning.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   
They don't need to proceed with an impeachment trial now (and risk the Supreme Court pointing out that it makes no sense).
They've already got what they wanted, which is the right to be able to say "he left office in disgrace, as the first President to be impeached twice". CNN had that as a banner headline. Language-gesture politics.
Students of language might think a second Senate trial should at least start before "he was impeached twice" becomes true, but that objection won't bother them.

edit on 21-1-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It’s obvious lol use your common sense.....

How long will troops stay then? Mr know-it-all?
edit on 21-1-2021 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Your source:

but a new report suggests that a standalone bill including just a third stimulus check and funding for COVID-19 vaccine distribution could make it to a vote in the House of Representatives as early as next week,

You know the House passed a stimulus bill many months ago? McConnell sat on it. He sat on a lot of stuff.

Fully aware, from the OP "We know Mitch didn't care, but the roadblocks are gone." and the "may get to it" in the title.

Things are different now. We'll see what happens but it will still take 10 Senate Republicans and 50 Democrats (or any other combination to get to 60) to turn a bill into law.

Fully aware, which is why I asked "Will Mitch retract into his shell or will he fight the good fight to stop us from getting our filthy peasant hands on his money?" in the OP.

It takes 10 Republicans, which are the votes I mentioned "Who thinks that the Senate is busier working on the votes to impeach a former President than they are on direct payments to citizens?" in the OP.

This really isn't partisan for me. I have just as much contempt for Mitch and his pals as the rest of them. You can say things are different now, but I'll believe that when something other than platitudes actually changes.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   

We'll see what happens. But your OP is about a major bill. Major bills always take time. They have to add a bunch of irrelevant stuff to them.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Senate Republicans may have retained a majority if there was any evidence that they had spines or even some cartilaginous structure to hold them up.

Now Mitch can make his deals with Chuck and pantomime the agreed upon resistance in exchange for some of the Republican brand pork in future bills.

They're all just on cruise control again.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   

We'll see what happens. But your OP is about a major bill. Major bills always take time. They have to add a bunch of irrelevant stuff to them.

Really the OP is meant to be specifically about direct aid to citizens and I doubt they move on it next week. The passage of a future round of stimulus can be independent of this relief that they all alleged was an urgent need a month ago. The adding useless stuff should have been nipped in the bud.

The complexity or simplicity of the future bill is entirely within their control. It's a self-contained process for Congress and there will be no veto from Biden. Their excuses about how hard it is to agree should fall on deaf ears. They don't get to complain about how hard it is to do their only job. If it's too hard they should resign.

Nancy will put in her pork for her things, Mitch will oppose it, they come to an agreement where the Dems cut individual aid in order to keep the bulk of their other pork. Mitch falls in line because there's not even a remote possibility he stands up for individual citizens. His weak hold over the other Republicans will only get weaker now.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Really the OP is meant to be specifically about direct aid to citizens and I doubt they move on it next week.

But you quoted the part about the big bill.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:45 AM
link   

It's a mess already. While they're making circles, we hear on the radio that some vaccination centers are closing due shortage. Happening in blue states.

Blame the labs, blame governors if want. Trump is out and no Russians around.

If second shot not in time, first one expires and you got vaccinated for nothing.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Really the OP is meant to be specifically about direct aid to citizens and I doubt they move on it next week.

But you quoted the part about the big bill.

I did. I wrote a bunch of stuff. Next time I'll organize my post into paragraphs and sentences so it can be followed by everybody. For the sake of simplicity I did consider using pictographs in the OP, but usually Neolithic farmers don't read my threads here.

If you feel I've been dishonest or deceptive you can report it.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

It's a mess already. While they're making circles, we hear on the radio that some vaccination centers are closing due shortage. Happening in blue states.

Blame the labs, blame governors if want. Trump is out and no Russians around.

If second shot not in time, first one expires and you got vaccinated for nothing.

Trump has only been gone for a handful of hours. I think he can still hold some blame for stuff that happened yesterday and even into the next week or month. I'm sure we'll still be hearing it's his fault in June.

To the best of my knowledge manufacturing the vaccine is the bottleneck rather than logistics incompetence within the government.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I think you know what he is saying is, lets see if they are different like they say...being the "party for the people" and all. Do you think they will be? Will you be popping in all the time for a jab at them in a year?
edit on 21-1-2021 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Congress can do both.

They can have an impeachment trial AND pass a relief bill. And GEESSHHH guys, it hasn't even been a day. Can you give Biden at least a week before you blame him for all of Trump's failures?

And how long have we been waiting for Trump's health care plan? Or the Republicans health care plan? A decade. I think you guys have the patience to wait a couple weeks for this relief bill.

edit on 21-1-2021 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

I think you know what he is saying is, lets see if they are different like they say...being the "party for the people" and all. Do you think they will be? Will you be popping in all the time for a jab at them in a year?

Of course he knows, but this is my fault. The universe has sent him to this thread to balance the karmic scales.

If he goes after me like this for ten pages it will still be a small fraction of my karmic debt. He's God's own hand, dispensing irritating justice for my years of sarcasm and trolling. All I can do now is batten down the hatches and trust in the tender mercy of sweet baby Jesus to end my tribulation.

I'm ain't even mad.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Congress can do both.

They can have an impeachment trial AND pass a relief bill.

I believe the correct response, based on current events, is that outrageous claims like that require evidence. Do you have any?

As for Biden being at fault, I never said that. I was wondering if Biden would assume the mantle of responsibility Trump had or if we'll be shifting blame to Congress, where it should've all along.
edit on 1/21/21 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join