It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BDS, don't get caught doing THAT!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: network dude

Coddles him? He hasn't started yet.

If he lies like Trump I expect and will be on board with full on hatred. I don't expect that. No one lies like Trump. He 's the best ever at it.

Trump isn't president anymore. I'm sorry to have to say it like that, I'm sure it stings a bit. But this is a Biden admin now, at least until it's not.

Have you seen any coverage of Joe? Can you link me to ANYONE asking him a hard question that is in the media?

Well, no, Trump still has a few hours left.
So we need to wait a few hours to see if the MSM changes how they cover Joe?

I'm not sure why you or anyone cares so much about the MSM. Don't watch the sh!t. I don't.

I listen to the words of the people. Trump, Biden, whomever. From themselves. Not the opinion machines trying to make money.

Please tell me you are kidding here. You don't have to like the MSM to understand the power they have driving public opinion. Having them ignore the Biden admin and any negative news could turn into a big issue. Or do you see it differently?

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

1. No it isn't okay, and it won't be okay if he rails on the press for asking him tough questions, revoke their press credentials, outright lie and make stuff up. He has a tough job in front of him, and by no means is he going to be perfect.

2. Nope, I'm sure some of his policies are not going to be perfect as well. I don't see him taking credit for stuff that just happened during his presidency as well. I think the question here will be that the polarized right will say that every thing he does is communist driven which is well nuts.. But oh well.. but the BDS has been on display here since before the election and will be here as long as this site is available.

3. As answered in question 1 its part of the job. No policy will (especially as polarized as Trump made the country) be 100% supported in this country. That being said will you criticize him for seeking to unite rather than divide?

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It seems Joey has a pretty fragile confidence level. The MSM coddles him and wouldn't dare ask him a tough question. Only scripted approved questions should be asked. His persona must be shown as Strong, confident, and not at all confused and dementia ridden.

So I have a few questions,

1. Is it OK with everyone (Left leaners) that Biden will be softballed and never pressed for anything that would upset him, right from the start?

Why don't you wait until this happens. He's not been sworn in yet, much less interviewed as President.

2. Will it be wrong to point out things we find objectionable about his policies and choices?

Policies not at all. If by "choices" you mean being butt-hurt when he wears a tan suit or salutes with a coffee cup in his hand... then yes, that's wrong.

3. Is being critical of this administration something that shouldn't be done for some reason? And if so, what is that reason?

Of course not. Being critical over real policy issues you believe in is part of political debate. Being critical because he is Democrat and you "gotta own them libs!" is not a good enough reason.

I realize this is day 1. And I hope for the best, as I have to live here too. But so far, the lack of transparency, the way the MSM is treating him looks to be a problem if it continues. And it looks that way because if it continues, we will never know the truth about anything, just the version of events as we are supposed to see them.

What do you mean by "lack of transparency"? What has the Biden Admin not been transparent about? The MSM have yet to treat him any "way" as President, because he's not President yet. You seem to be jumping the gun on your kneejerk reactions... at least wait for something to react to.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

What you're failing to realize is that the left isn't one thing, in the same way that the right isn't a single entity. The wingcuck spectrum is long on both sides.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I am curios if anyone from the left will have an opinion (a real one) on the lack of real coverage with this new admin...

Well, it sounds like you have made your mind up ahead of time. Like you're judging him before he's even been sworn in. Like a pre-judge kind of thing. I think there's a word for that.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Today they will be really pouring on the BS with all the old lies and denials 😃

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I can’t speak for the lefties, but knowing the MSM makes most of their money on negative news, I’m VERY curious to see how this is going to play out with the media. I wasn’t paying attention to politics nearly as much during the Obama years so I can’t comment on how they treated him. The only thing I remember from that time was when he sent Iran all that cash and it was on every paper I saw.

I just don’t see MSM selling a whole lot of clicks with constant positivity. That’s not how things have worked in my lifetime and I don’t see it changing just because Trump is gone.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Coddles him? He hasn't started yet.

If he lies like Trump I expect and will be on board with full on hatred. I don't expect that. No one lies like Trump. He 's the best ever at it.

Trump isn't president anymore. I'm sorry to have to say it like that, I'm sure it stings a bit. But this is a Biden admin now, at least until it's not.

Have you seen any coverage of Joe? Can you link me to ANYONE asking him a hard question that is in the media?

Well, no, Trump still has a few hours left.
So we need to wait a few hours to see if the MSM changes how they cover Joe?

I'm not sure why you or anyone cares so much about the MSM. Don't watch the sh!t. I don't.

I listen to the words of the people. Trump, Biden, whomever. From themselves. Not the opinion machines trying to make money.

Please tell me you are kidding here. You don't have to like the MSM to understand the power they have driving public opinion. Having them ignore the Biden admin and any negative news could turn into a big issue. Or do you see it differently?

I'll see the Biden admin as I did the Trump admin. From themselves. Their words and actions are usually brought to me via the MSM but I can ignore the opinion.

They do have a lot of power. It's unfortunate that so many give them that.

I'm not one to give them that.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SKMDC1

CNN is already praising biden.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
G'Morn! Im still trying to locate people who actually checked the box, for pedJoe....

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

2. Will it be wrong to point out things we find objectionable about his policies and choices? 3. Is being critical of this administration something that shouldn't be done for some reason? And if so, what is that reason?

I couldn’t care less. People on the left don’t tie their identity to a politician. That’s a right wing thing. You all need to stop assuming people are as cultish as Republicans.

Lmao wut?

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKMDC1

It seems Joey has a pretty fragile confidence level. The MSM coddles him and wouldn't dare ask him a tough question. Only scripted approved questions should be asked. His persona must be shown as Strong, confident, and not at all confused and dementia ridden.

1. Is it OK with everyone (Left leaners) that Biden will be softballed and never pressed for anything that would upset him, right from the start?

Why don't you wait until this happens. He's not been sworn in yet, much less interviewed as President.

2. Will it be wrong to point out things we find objectionable about his policies and choices?

Policies not at all. If by "choices" you mean being butt-hurt when he wears a tan suit or salutes with a coffee cup in his hand... then yes, that's wrong.

3. Is being critical of this administration something that shouldn't be done for some reason? And if so, what is that reason?

Of course not. Being critical over real policy issues you believe in is part of political debate. Being critical because he is Democrat and you "gotta own them libs!" is not a good enough reason.

I realize this is day 1. And I hope for the best, as I have to live here too. But so far, the lack of transparency, the way the MSM is treating him looks to be a problem if it continues. And it looks that way because if it continues, we will never know the truth about anything, just the version of events as we are supposed to see them.

What do you mean by "lack of transparency"? What has the Biden Admin not been transparent about? The MSM have yet to treat him any "way" as President, because he's not President yet. You seem to be jumping the gun on your kneejerk reactions... at least wait for something to react to.

I'm basing my current thoughts on how he has been treated so far by the MSM. He just went through a year long campaign and was voted in as the 46th President of the United States by the largest voter count ever in the history of the United States.

This is kind of why I asked these questions. It appears anyone who asks anything unapproved is going to be censored, or shamed, as you are trying to do here.

I'm not making any claims of him doing things wrong, he's on his first day. I just want to know if we will have any factual coverage of his actions, or is things will continue as they have been so far. (not sure if you have access to "news", but he and his group have been treated pretty softly thus far)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

What you're failing to realize is that the left isn't one thing, in the same way that the right isn't a single entity. The wingcuck spectrum is long on both sides.

With all due respect, the left is all about strength in numbers. Its all like minded group-think. Any lefty who shows independent thought is attacked by his own kind. One lefty on his own is a timid quiet frightened little thing. A hundred is a loud nasty bunch of people. A thousand is a looting violent rioting bunch of arsonists.

I am talking about the party in general, the majority. There are always exceptions but exceptions are not the rule.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast
a reply to: SKMDC1

CNN is already praising biden.

I suspect he will have won the Nobel peace prize by lunchtime.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I am curios if anyone from the left will have an opinion (a real one) on the lack of real coverage with this new admin...

Well, it sounds like you have made your mind up ahead of time. Like you're judging him before he's even been sworn in. Like a pre-judge kind of thing. I think there's a word for that.

and if Joe Biden just popped out of a #ing egg this morning, you would have a super valid point. But since he's been around for about 50 years in politics, and his coverage has been the ultimate fluff since his announcement to Run for President a third time, we have a bit of a track record here. Again, I invite you to look back at the news coverage over the last year.

That pesky thing called the internet seems to remember all of it.

eta: and welcome back to the site. it seems you just found us again!
edit on 20-1-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The fact that in your mind 'the left' is a single monolithic entity encompassing everything from neolibs like Clinton and Obama to Black Bloq ancaps to Maoist tankies is hilarious to me.

To quote every Qtart ever, do your research.
edit on 1/20/2021 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I'm reporting you to the local apparatchik.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

They do have a lot of power. It's unfortunate that so many give them that.

I'm not one to give them that.

I'll be sure to let them know.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I'm basing my current thoughts on how he has been treated so far by the MSM. He just went through a year long campaign and was voted in as the 46th President of the United States by the largest voter count ever in the history of the United States.

This is kind of why I asked these questions. It appears anyone who asks anything unapproved is going to be censored, or shamed, as you are trying to do here.

I'm not making any claims of him doing things wrong, he's on his first day. I just want to know if we will have any factual coverage of his actions, or is things will continue as they have been so far. (not sure if you have access to "news", but he and his group have been treated pretty softly thus far)

Did you watch the Primaries? The MSM was really tough on Biden over his Crime Bill role, his moderate stances compared to the others, and his age. Why does it "appear anyone who asks anything unapproved is going to be censored"... What are you specific examples of that beginning to happen?

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

For me. As long as he does nothing against the Constitution I will have no issue. We'll see how that goes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join