It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So sex offenders can live by schools now?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: AutomateThis1

17 and 15.
She was two years and a month younger.

Not really the point though now is it?

Two teenagers doing what kids do and he gets treated the same as a rapist.
That's weird right?

Doesn't matter. Yall wanna play the law game, but then pick and choose. He was 18 a legal adult. She was 16, a minor who apparently was unable to legally consent.

What would you suggest? That the government lowers the minimum age so that teens can have sex without the fear of one or both parties getting out on a list, because their parents are trippin?

Or should we raise the minimum age? People love saying the brain doesn't finish developing until some point in the early 30s.

What's the difference between 17 and 18? What's the difference between an 18 year old dumbass and a 49 year who still acts like they are in college?

They're both immature.

So which is it? Are we supposed to be law abiding citizens or do we ignore the laws that dictate who we can and can't have sex with?

Are you going to try and bring morals into it? I'm curious. Come on. Lemme hear it. No BS.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
No one wants to engage?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I only wanted to point out that everyone lives by schools. So what they are really doing is making sure people aren't homeless. This is because is they were homeless, and were some sort of predator who was a threat to kids[rather than one of the many high schools who had sex with another high schooler and there screwed for the rest of their lives] then they are more likely to commit crimes. So keeping supposed "pedoes" despite the fact that many on that list are not "pedoes", off the streets actually makes kids safer.

Despite the OP's belief that the further they are from schools that they magically become less likely to commit crimes.
If you want most criminals to stop being a burden to society, AND to stop committing crimes, ALL the evidence say giving people legal jobs and a place to live are THEE keys to reducing crime and recidivism.

The bill is not a perfect solution. but it's not some "gift" to "pedos'" either.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
Fuher Whitmer has signed into Michigan law; a bunch of new things regarding sex offenders.....

One of them “removing” the prohibitions of living near a school.

Removing prohibitions for offenders from living, working or loitering near school property or “student safety zones.” No longer requiring an offender’s tier classification to be included on the public website. Law enforcement personnel who willfully fail to periodically report on offenders would face a penalty.

More here at Link

Well I guess the Pedos in office are finally bringing “unity”..... this is a major problem. And I’ve heard no outcry about it

Funny how you blame Whitmer alone when the proposal was initially sponsored by Rep James Lower : REPUBLICAN from Greenville. You say you are not making this political but in the same breath you blame the democrat for a republican bill. Pathetic.

They made these changes because portions of the existing act were found to be unconsitutional by the US Court of Appeals.

House Bill 5679, sponsored by Rep. James Lower, R-Greenville, addresses that problem and was approved in the Senate by a 21-17 vote during the Dec. 16 session. The Michigan House approved the bill 80-24 on Dec. 2.

The proposed amendments to SORA in House Bill 5679 are:

Giving sex offenders no more than three days to register or report status changes in person with local law enforcement.
Requiring offenders to report all email addresses, social media names or other forms of “internet identifiers.” That would not apply retroactively to offenders prior to July 1, 2011, but anyone required to register after that date must comply.
Requiring all telephone numbers and vehicles used by the offender to be reported. Previously, they didn’t need to report those used on a less regular basis.
Allowing email addresses, social media usernames and other identifiers to be published on a public sex offender registry.
Removing prohibitions for offenders from living, working or loitering near school property or “student safety zones.”
No longer requiring an offender’s tier classification to be included on the public website. Law enforcement personnel who willfully fail to periodically report on offenders would face a penalty.

edit on 22-1-2021 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2021 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MayRenee

Hey dude, just coz you dumped that info. here with us DOES NOT absolve you from making insistant phone calls to your local cop shop every 30 mins. until their attendance is personally sighted along with a detailed explanation on a very long list of orders they gave the sick pond scum to do before their next follow up visit with extra staff from various Gov. departments !!

Frankly I'm dark to the fact that your reply seems to show just how arse about a growing number of the populace act , & to be honest the U.S is leading hands down.
Stop just "accepting" this is how things are & then making sure to get a snide or petty shot in regarding your damn red or blue teams that you staunchly oppose .

Your corrupt & complacent big media should be hauled over the coals at every damn opportunity & reminded that especially due to their unethical involvement of mass propaganda & division of citizens going a long way to helping this fanatical partisan b/s to get to such levels they should be reporting on "real community strengthening information" such as where this filth reside & what highly concerning conduct they're getting up to.

It needs saying ffs, & I do so in the hope that you self appreciating 'mericans , as great a folk that you've been insisting to the rest of us, from THE best & most strongest nation in the world, that once over the irritation of the gloat has endeared you Yanks to rest of the world in days gone by.......as an outsider looking in....you are an embarrassment country wise to all those who came before your present day nation of hypocritical, corrupt & gullible controlled by television pussies.

GOAT at this, Biggest & best at that, Protector of the free world my as* ! It's pathetic to see how indoctrined the masses of you have become where you are blinded to the fact of red or blue it don't matter, they are both part of the same corrupt system staging circus acts & using you as puppets. All the while they progress & prosper TOGETHER leaving you ardent supporters of one or the other team to stay locked in ever increasing numbers of moral crusades against your fellow citizens.
If you can't unlock yourself from the TV media at least use it to look back & confirm that if all politicians throughout history were only a number & not a blue or red affiliate, you the citizens would still be united together . Yes still struggling against those who seek to rule over us & bemoaning their uselessness & knack of over complicating our lives & yet not stifling theirs but your passion, beliefs & patriotism would be directed where it should be , the beauracracy. Instead they wind you up & have you at each others throats like you are so far differing in values the red team could be earthlings & the blue team supporters from Mars .

Wake up damnit & see you all want the same peace & freedoms & constitutional rights to live & grow your family as your US brothers you've been manipulated into believing you need to hate & battle.

Yours is a great & powerful nation that yes the rest of us are heavily reliant on you staying so but ffs you are not fit for purpose to claim that label if you can't see where you're at now - deceived daily by your own folk in media & Gov. & whose control you are under & whose utterly pointless arguments & bidding you're all only too happy to take up. WHO IS WINNING ?????
Flame away if you must but at least honestly evaluate your beliefs,reality & principals first. As a nation you need to be made aware of sad picture you have become !!

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
On a more personal note, my neighbor 3 houses down was very friendly and welcoming to us.
Always stopping to chat.
What a nice guy, I thought.
Guess what...violent sexual assault of a minor on his rap sheet.
My kids due in 3 months.
Now moving, because chainsaw art is tempting me.

So I agree many are predators that really need to be watched I do find it troubling though that the list as to what makes a sex offender is rather long and generalized together. I had a new neighbor who the wives around us found out he was a sex offender, married with two kids. The neighborhood was in an uproar over it and my two boys at the time were 6 and 3.

I asked him about it and he said his offence was that he was dating a girl who was 16 (freshman) and he was 18 (senior) and as soon as he turned 19 the parents of his girlfriend went after him, so he basically has to carry that the rest of his life. He was mid 30s then when he talked to me and his wife was that high school sweet heart.

I don't know if there is a way to clean up your record such as 20 years later, but it seems a rather hefty label for many who really are not sexual predators. I think you can kill someone and get off easier.

edit on 23-1-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Society has to have rules, so that people can tell what is ok and what is not.

Many people here want softer restrictions on banging a freshman without her dad’s consent.

We need to continue to privilege male desire and all that, apparently

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar
Society has to have rules, so that people can tell what is ok and what is not.

Many people here want softer restrictions on banging a freshman without her dad’s consent.

We need to continue to privilege male desire and all that, apparently

Lol what the hell does that mean... "without dad's consent". I think it is safe to say teens are banging each other all over the place with zero dad's consent, do you disagree? My point wasn't about the rights or wrongs of what he did, it was about 20 years later he is still labeled sex offender...

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The law is the law right? According to the law anyone who turns 18 while dating a minor should terminate said relationship.

We should all strive to be law abiding citizens right? It's bad to break the law right? We should all wear seatbelts, wear masks, and not have sexual relations with minors.

The law is the law.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

The law is the law right? According to the law anyone who turns 18 while dating a minor should terminate said relationship.

We should all strive to be law abiding citizens right? It's bad to break the law right? We should all wear seatbelts, wear masks, and not have sexual relations with minors.

The law is the law.

Yep...... it sure is.....

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

I can't belive sex offenders have to register themselves.
In most other countries they are added automatically.
First allowing them to move close to schools. How long before they are allowed to teach kids in school?

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 11SK1180
a reply to: mikell

I can't belive sex offenders have to register themselves.
In most other countries they are added automatically.
First allowing them to move close to schools. How long before they are allowed to teach kids in school?

News flash. They already do.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Merely pointing out the obvious to you is defending?

It's a GOP sponsored bill, further mandated by court order. Whitmer, sounds like, had no choice, or little choice.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join