It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC National Guard chief says "Peaceful transition to military power"!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge

originally posted by: Helious

a reply to: Helious

It's incredibly strange, and sad, that this is our first real non-peaceful transition of power.

It really sucks.

Quite right, it is and very true. Seems a lifetime ago we had "milk toast" inaugurations with puffy dresses and dapper suits and now we have 25k armed troops that have been given authority to use lethal force. It speaks volumes about where our country is headed if we don't course correct because rhetoric on both sides only seems to be escalating.

Agreed. Our country is in peril.

I like the flags on the mall. It's a big statement. You?
It reminded me of war graves.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I would listen to the whole interview and put it all in its proper context. The complete interview below, and if you still feel like we will be under military martial law after watching that's fine, we will see.

www.goodmorningamerica.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

It's incredibly strange, and sad, that this is our first real non-peaceful transition of power.

It really sucks.

It must really suck to be that wrapped up in a lie. Look at the DC traffic cameras, there is no violence anywhere to be seen on the eve of the very transfer you're talking about. Anywhere.

What lie? There are 25k national guard troops in DC. It's a militarized zone. For an inauguration...That's not normal, fyi.

No, it's not normal.

Just like it wasn't normal for the LeftPress to trash a President 99% of the time for the last four years, or to spy on him. Nor was it normal to see our cities burn and for the corporations to get behind a POS who died in a drug overdose.

Nor was it normal to have conservatives silenced on all social media platforms.

We live in interesting times.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's weird that you need this massive amount of force to keep the people out. I mean the majority voted for him.

Oh wait..

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
65K!! Not 25!

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Gnawledge

Hate to break this to you, but every single Inauguration has had a military presence in and around it.

Just because you don't see 'em, doesn't mean they weren't/aren't there.

Given the events of the past few months, or even the past year or so, there's reason to be cautious. There are morons out there who would attempt to, shall we say, "disrupt" an event of this magnitude.

I'm no fan of Biden/Harris, but this transfer needs to be peaceful.

You needn't break it to me. I've seen them.

This one is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

It really sucks.

Fair point, and it kind of is.

Quite right, it is and very true. Seems a lifetime ago we had "milk toast" inaugurations with puffy dresses and dapper suits and now we have 25k armed troops that have been given authority to use lethal force. It speaks volumes about where our country is headed if we don't course correct because rhetoric on both sides only seems to be escalating.

Fair point and it kind of is.
edit on 1192021 by Gnawledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"Sarcastically" A big thank you so much Mr. Trump for the most peaceful transition of power the U.S. has ever seen. More like the day the World was saved from Evil and hatred began to change direction. Don't forget to write that into your legacy along with "good people on both sides".
edit on 1/19/21 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It really sucks.

Also, it's a beautiful, sad, sight....I don't know, I think that was a great choice.

Also, it was a beautiful choice, I think. ETA: ...my responses showed blank multiple times....

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

He clearly says 65.000 National Guards.
edit on 19-1-2021 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The entire dialog since Nov 3rd has been scripted for a purpose 😃

The "Patterns" are obvious 😃

Back that up 13 months
The entire dialogue since October 2019 has been scripted

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: HalWesten

It really sucks.

Don't play a pity party for Trump. He's done. That show is cancelled.

The media doesn't matter. The people have spoken in an election that was fair and free. Biden won, Trump lost. If you don't like it that's fine, but it's fact. Move to the next elections and make your changes.

It must really suck to be that wrapped up in a lie. Look at the DC traffic cameras, there is no violence anywhere to be seen on the eve of the very transfer you're talking about. Anywhere.

What lie? There are 25k national guard troops in DC. It's a militarized zone. For an inauguration...That's not normal, fyi.

No, it's not normal.

Just like it wasn't normal for the LeftPress to trash a President 99% of the time for the last four years, or to spy on him. Nor was it normal to see our cities burn and for the corporations to get behind a POS who died in a drug overdose.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizona2

What's sad is how many people on a supposed conspiracy website don't seem to get that. Considering for years a popular topic on ats was the events playing out over the last year happening.

Then when it actually did happen, suddenly everyone's blind to it.
edit on 19/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

No, it's not normal.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: verylowfrequency

hells yea, in his speech to day, you could literally hear him (secretly with code words and all) calling for his army of millions to take it all over. it's how he rolls.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It really sucks.

I can't respond ffs

Yeah Covid graves for me, lives lost (all my responses are blanked...ffs...)

Yeah. Covid graves for me. But equal. Lives lost.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

I've tried multiple avenues, I can't respond, doubt this will get through...if it does...I don't know...let's move on, yeah?

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I want to respond to the "war graves" though.

It really is.

Trump himself proclaimed himself a wartime president in Covid.

We've lost thousands to Covid. The Flags on the mall are an incredible notion to that.

It won't be a Trump rally, it will be, I hope, a respectful transition of power, recognizing where we are in the world currently.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   

while I would hope (odd word for the subject matter) that is the case it would still give me the heebie jeebies.

I think we are on our own for handling things as the changes come fast and furious in the next couple years.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
Peaceful in what sense?

Peaceful transition as government bodies exchange administrations?

Or peaceful from overwhelming suppression?

Edit: In my short 29 years, I've never seen a transition like this, with so many active military units on Capitol or national soil.

Or maybe its peaceful like those protests from last summer?

Peaceful, as in a minimum of 25,0000 armed troops with permission to use deadly force, if you take the official count. If you take the word of the head of the National Guard there will be 65,000 armed troops with permission to use deadly force on the first day of the Biden administration.

Peaceful, as in a minimum of 25,000 additional armed troops with permission to use deadly force, an official count stationed around the US in various states per the request of state Governors.

In total the peaceful day will see a minimum of 50,000 and a maximum of 90,000 armed military troops with permission to use deadly force patrolling the streets of the USA on the day that the Democrats take control of the entire government House/Senate/Presidency.

That is the State of the Union as of tomorrow, the first day of the new Biden administration and the day the Democratic Party takes control of the entire government.

Welcome to the fundamental change that was promised for the USA.

I weep.

Stay home, stay off the streets, EVERYONE, regardless of your political affiliation. This has the unfortunate possibility of becoming the most volatile day in US history in over 100 years. I pray it doesn't happen but the stage with all those armed troops with permission to use deadly force has set the stage.

So stay safe please, I really want my ATS pals to stay safe, off the public streets, at least 20 miles from armed troops with permission to use deadly force. Bravado is stupid tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join