It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Term limits for congress is an unconstitutional pipe dream

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka
a reply to: network dude

How the Senators are selected can be found in the Constitution. If you look you will find that there are terms described, but no term limits on this, the first and most important branch of the US government

Because...things never change?...how...conservative of you. Which is a lie btw many b4 me have pointed out.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: HunkaHunka
I am very, very confused and I hope someone on her can put me straight. You say your a conservative republican yet all of your posts scream far left democrat. Are you a troll?

Maybe he's John Weaver.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
As a reptilian overlord, I often lament on this topic. I have found that eating new congressman is most pleasurable. If properly prepared, and the right butter is used, a deep fried democrat is truly delicious. After the third term they tend to get a bit tough, and need too much tenderizer. I prefer the natural wholesome fresh ones.

Therefore, I support term limits and cannot find anything at all in the constitution that says different. It's a bit light on recipes as well.

I bet you'd find AOC particularly tasty.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

as a pinhead liberal, I have to ask, does the fact that term limits aren't mentioned mean that the Constitution is for, or against them?

I seem to remember a change was made to limit POTUS to 2 terms, and that was done after the initial document was signed.

It's almost like it's up to the people to decide.

now if the argument is 'will congress ever vote for term limits', I'd say very soon after they vote down their next raise.

But back when I was a starship commander, we didn't have these worries. Now that I'm Commander of the world (bad ass title) the will of the plebes is beneath me.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

she was a bit slippery, I never got her in the pan. Plus she kept complaining I was doing it wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
Realistically we already have term limits. The people can vote the representative in or out during the elections. I used to believe in this system until the last election. Unless something major changes I don’t think we will ever see a “fair” election again. Basically whoever toes the line for the party on power will gain enough votes.

That is the way it is supposed to work in theory, but far from it in practice when you consider the funds required to run, gerrymandering, and all kinds of other underhanded tactics that largely favor established incumbents.

You'll notice a lot of the long time senators and congressman are not that popular, yet they some how keep getting elected by a very small number of people in their districts.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I’m not sure what your angle is here (on ATS), but I’m not picking up any authenticity from your posts, especially this one. They come off as a lame attempt at verbally trapping other members into agreement or something. Do you have some kind of “gotcha” ready to go?

I’m not even a republican but my BS detector has kept me alive and well for 38 years, it’s certainly beeping right now.

At most, congress should be permitted to serve our country for 4 years then GTFO. F*ck these career politicians. You get $75K a year and if you don’t show up to do your job or the government shuts down, NO F*CKING PAY. They need to learn to live like the rest of this country. The *ONLY* thing Americans should have to pay for is computers, paper, printers, pens and f*cking printer ink. Big, expensive dinners? That should come out of THEIR f*cking pockets. Livery and driver? Out of your f*cking pocket.

And you can be damn sure you’ll be audited before serving the country and after. Every dime must be accounted for. No stock trading while you’re serving the country, too many of them f*cks have taken advantage of that over time that they ruined it for everybody. If they want to keep adding in legislature that removes our rights whenever someone does something stupid, they can deal with it too.

Again, not sure what angle you’re trying to come from or what your ulterior motive is, but something is amiss.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Closed for Staff Review

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join