It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Term limits for congress is an unconstitutional pipe dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
As a conservative Republican I don’t believe in progressivism. The best way to prevent progressivism from infecting the US congress is to keep experienced Senators in their roles. We see this a lot with Republicans, such as McConnel, Graham, etc. One of the best was Strom Thurman.

The House of Representatives is a totally different matter, and reps come and go, because it’s the house of the plebs basically. But the Senate helps to protect our Republic from upstarts and populism of various kinds.

The idea of term limits is a sad progressive attempt to subvert our constitution and disenfranchise the other states that make up our republic.

Term limits will never happen, thankfully, because it’s the congress that would have to vote on it. The Senate has the power to remove members it feels are onerous and dangerous to our republic. We may even see this happen with the “treason caucus”, but Term Limits is the pipe dream of juveniles who don’t understand that elections are the way that our founding fathers gave us to ensure that Senate members are selected and removed.

This keeps the power directly in the hands of the states that make up the Republic. This also helps prevent radical changes and maintains a conservative hold on the legislative branch.
edit on 19-1-2021 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

I like turtles.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I think what you are suggesting is actually the role of the courts not congress.
Justices have no term limits, but representatives need to adaptive to the will of the people.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka

The idea of term limits is a sad progressive attempt to subvert our constitution and disenfranchise the other states that make up our republic.

Term limits will never happen

So people can just keep running for president after 2 terms?
edit on 19-1-2021 by Vector99 because: missed a retarded statement

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What part of the Constitution does term limits violate to make it "unconstitutional"?

constitutioncenter.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I am very, very confused and I hope someone on her can put me straight. You say your a conservative republican yet all of your posts scream far left democrat. Are you a troll?

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
What part of the Constitution does term limits violate to make it "unconstitutional"?

constitutioncenter.org...

It doesnt, this is just another spam thread trolling.........OP doesnt have a clue how the constitution or the amendment process works

link   

As a conservative Republican I don’t believe in progressivism.

Nonsense.

The best way to prevent progressivism from infecting the US congress is to keep experienced Senators in their roles. We see this a lot with Republicans, such as McConnel, Graham, etc. One of the best was Strom Thurman.

Progressivism is a bipartisan ideology. John McCain was a Progressive. So was GW Bush.

The men you refer to are all Republican progressives.

The House of Representatives is a totally different matter, and reps come and go, because it’s the house of the plebs basically. But the Senate helps to protect our Republic from upstarts and populism of various kinds.

Translation:

Keeps the Republic under the yoke of corrupt assholes that need a tax-payer funded slush fund to pay off their sexual assault and harassment victims.

By what mechanism is this true?

We may even see this happen with the “treason caucus”, but Term Limits is the pipe dream of juveniles who don’t understand that elections are the way that our founding fathers gave us to ensure that Senate members are selected and removed.

Treason caucus?

You even use progressive language and you're in here trying to convince us you're a conservative?

You're a liar. A bad one at that.

link   

You're a Republican?

Haha

You're probably a doctor like Dr pepper and Dr Dre.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I am very, very confused and I hope someone on her can put me straight. You say your a conservative republican yet all of your posts scream far left democrat. Are you a troll?

Ding ding ding we have a winner

There was a time on ATS when people intentionally trolling the forums, ESPECIALLY making threads, were dealt with swiftly

link   
a reply to: crayzeed

i was just thinking the same thing

link   

You're trolling is elite level today.. its hard to keep up.

Is this you're third or fourth account on this site. You're posting style is reminiscent of a guardin of bull# of ats.. a little silly if you ask me.

Isnt multiple account against T&C?

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

I’ve only had one account here for the last 13 years.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

Im confused by your last sentence and the ? at the end.

Nothing in the OP makes any sense whatsoever. Term limits happen all the time, people are voted out. If you want normal folks elected to office instead of machine politicians, Term limits is the way to go.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

HunkaHunka is, surprisingly, his own easily manipulated, propaganda spreading, internet faker.

edit on 1 19 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As a hyperdimensional slug-being from the planet "Armpit", I think you're so full of it your eyes are brown OP.

link   
Realistically we already have term limits. The people can vote the representative in or out during the elections. I used to believe in this system until the last election. Unless something major changes I don’t think we will ever see a “fair” election again. Basically whoever toes the line for the party on power will gain enough votes.

link   

originally posted by: samuelsson

You're trolling is elite level today.. its hard to keep up.

Is this you're third or fourth account on this site. You're posting style is reminiscent of a guardin of bull# of ats.. a little silly if you ask me.

Isnt multiple account against T&C?

I think the poster mistakenly assumed if they pretended to be a Republican on ATS that other Republicans on the site would automatically star and flag and believe them and support them.

Sorry to disappoint but that only happens with liberals.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
As a reptilian overlord, I often lament on this topic. I have found that eating new congressman is most pleasurable. If properly prepared, and the right butter is used, a deep fried democrat is truly delicious. After the third term they tend to get a bit tough, and need too much tenderizer. I prefer the natural wholesome fresh ones.

Therefore, I support term limits and cannot find anything at all in the constitution that says different. It's a bit light on recipes as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

How the Senators are selected can be found in the Constitution. If you look you will find that there are terms described, but no term limits on this, the first and most important branch of the US government
edit on 19-1-2021 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join